RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Robbie Russell

View previous topic :: View next topic  
4thmac
Junior

PostPosted: 29.09.2004 15:17    Post subject: Robbie Russell Reply with quote

Hey RBK supporters. I wanted to get some more information on Robbie Russell, who is listed as a USA citizen. Here are several questions:

1) Has he previously played for any other countries, which would prevent him from playing for the US Nats?

2) How has Robbie's performances been with Rosenborg? Is he a regular starter?

3) What is his playing style - defensive, playmaker, winger?

Thank you very much!!!
RBKcanada
Senior

PostPosted: 29.09.2004 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings!

Robbie is a defender, As far as I know he has already been capped by the US and he has primarily been used as a sub and a replacement for any injured defender.

hope this helps.
4thmac
Junior

PostPosted: 29.09.2004 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was he capped for the full national team or by one of the junior teams? You wouldn't happen to know where I can find an English biography of him, would you?

Thanks again. I always enjoy learning about Americans playing abroad.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 29.09.2004 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

4thmac wrote:
Was he capped for the full national team or by one of the junior teams?

From UEFA.com:

Although he had not play for the United States ahead of the 2004/05 season, Russell was called up by Bruce Arena for a 30-man get-together in January 2004.

...in other words: Russell haven't been capped - yet. Exclaim
ssjovold
Proff

PostPosted: 30.09.2004 03:49    Post subject: robbie Reply with quote

from a norwegian in the us:

Robbie subs for the national norwegian back christer basma, with lots of caps in his backpack. A tough gig to follow! He was purchased from another norwegian team, Sogndal, primarily for his offensive qualities. Robbie knows and speaks norwegian, is well liked and respected by the rest of the team, and has picked up how much emphasis norwegian teams have on team play. (Think of New England Patriots...)

He is still settling into the style of play, and is yet to truly impress in the role. However; I think that was expected; he was purchased because he has great potential. If he starts playing regularly, I'm pretty sure he will land a spot on the us national team, at least on the bench.
kms
Senior

PostPosted: 30.09.2004 07:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a Yankee in Trondheim....

Anyone know where in the U.S. Robbie Russel is from? And what, if any, teams he played for there before coming over to Norway?
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 30.09.2004 10:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

kms wrote:
Anyone know where in the U.S. Robbie Russel is from? And what, if any, teams he played for there before coming over to Norway?

He's born in Ghana. His American father is a diplomat, and the family have moved around the globe. When he was six, they moved to the US for the first time. Later on they spent some years in Sri Lanka, before Robbie and his mother moved back to the US after being divorced.

Russell played for Duke University and Los Angeles Galaxy before moving to Norway and Sogndal a few years ago.

The full story (in Norwegian): Har det både i hode og bein
kms
Senior

PostPosted: 01.10.2004 08:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Very Happy
SoCal Soccerfan
Junior

PostPosted: 10.11.2004 19:50    Post subject: and speaking of Mr. Russel... Reply with quote

Hi, Folks Smile. So glad to see there's an English language message board on your site.

I'm going to be in London in early December as part of a broader European pilgrimage of sorts to see my countrymen playing abroad, and would very much like to get to your club's match at Highbury. Obviously, I'll be rooting for RBK, and as such, would like to sit in the visitors' fans section during the match.

The official RBK website has information on tickets to this match[/url], but beyond understanding that this is the topic of the page, very little else is clear Embarassed

A couple of questions: First, am I dreaming to think that I could get a Champions League ticket a month before the fixture? Second, whether or not that is the case, is it still possible to get a ticket, whether through traditional means, or even through (as we say here) knowing someone who knows someone who can get a ticket? Third, even if I can score a ticket, is there any way I could get it in my eager little hands before jumping on to an airplane at LAX?

For any Londoners who may be on the board, how is ticket scalping handled in your land? In the USA, depending on where one is, it can range from perfectly legal, to illegal along the lines of driving too fast, to an imprisonable offense Shocked

Just in case anyone's curious, the other matches I'm planning on catching are Norwich - Fulham on 4/12, Hannover 96 - Hertha BSC on 11/12, and Standard Liege - Bilbao on 16/12. It's going to be a memorable trip regardless Smile

Peace,
-Christopher
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 10.11.2004 20:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi welcome to this forum, Chris!

According to arsenal.com the Rosenborg game is sold out.

Rosenborg have aprox. 1500 tickets to the away fans' section. I think they are sold out too. But you could check this by e-mailing RBK's ticket office at billett@rbk.no .
arnt
Veteran

PostPosted: 24.11.2004 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

... as for ticket scalping in the UK, the practice is generally frowned upon and although you wouldn't quite be up the proverbial creek without the proverbial paddle, you'd still be in a measure of trouble, if caught.

So, basically, you can usually get tickets on the black market, but the prices will be inflated and you'd be running a slight risk.
Nei, der skal Kugle til en Thrønder!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 31.07.2005 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbie Russell might leave RBK:

"There's a rule in Norwegian football where only two non-EU players can be in a match squad for a game, and with Rosenborg's two new purchases it looks really difficult with me just having recovered from an injury," concluded Russell.

Read more: Russell resigned to Rosenborg fate

"I think that in order to get match fit, I need to be playing first team somewhere, and if that means being loaned out, then that's OK," he says.

Read more: Russell explains Rosenborg move talk
Jon Irenicus
Veteran

PostPosted: 26.04.2006 15:46    Post subject: Robbie Russell Reply with quote

There is a great chance that Robbie Russell will play the match against Molde on Sunday.

Read more: Russell might play against Molde
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 30.05.2006 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-mail to Rosenborg Web wrote:
Hello, my name is Sara DeWitt and I work for Yanks-Abroad - a website dedicated to covering the American players throughout Europe. We are currently searching for a few English-speaking journalists to cover Rosenborg games and specifically, Robbie Russell.

The job would give you press access to the games, and you would be responsible for writing a press box report and interviewing the player after the game. We could also use some help making phone calls to the club to follow up on news as it comes up, and doing short write ups.

If you're interested or if you know anyone who is, please let us know here: http://www.yanks-abroad.c...ction=join

Regards,
Sara DeWitt
www.yanks-abroad.com

She wants exclusive articles, and wasn't interested in the ones here at Rosenborg Web...
Jon Irenicus
Veteran

PostPosted: 01.07.2006 17:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robbie Russell had intended to continue competing with rival back Christer Basma, but nonetheless Rosenborg are trying to get rid of the American.

Read more: RBK wants to sell Russell

He was the type of back I liked: very good attacking qualities. I want to wish him the best of luck with his future career.

2mas: did he recieve a league gold medal in 2004?

The only thing I know is that he got some Champions League action while he was here.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 01.07.2006 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, he recieved the gold medal in 2004 since NFF in front of the season changed the requirement from 11 to 3 league matches.
Skotten
Rutinert

PostPosted: 01.07.2006 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another unnecessary wage removed from the club, this is good work by the club. Hopefully these resources can be re-allocated to good use, like signing the next Gamst Pedersen. Very Happy
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 01.07.2006 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Robbie is "unnecessary" as long as we don't sign a new right back. We should have back-up in every position, and Russell is a good player after Norwegian standard.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 17.07.2006 12:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell signs for Viborg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb