RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rosenborg - PSV and PSV - Rosenborg

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMarcus Beasley
Junior

PostPosted: 05.10.2004 17:05    Post subject: Rosenborg - PSV and PSV - Rosenborg Reply with quote

Hi guys,

What do you expect from the upcoming games against PSV? As a PSV fan, I hope for a draw in Trondheim (that's the place, right?) and a victory for us in Eindhoven. Our coach expects Rosenborg to be a better team than Panathiakos, and so do I.
We have been playing Champions League for 8 years in a row but never managed to reach the 2nd round, which is very frustrating. I just read that Rosenborg has not been beaten at home for 10 games now. How do you think they managed to do that? Is it the ambience (like in Greece), the weather, or just pure luck?

Anyway, I"m looking forward to both games.
Strandemann
Junior

PostPosted: 05.10.2004 17:24    Post subject: Re: Rosenborg - PSV and PSV - Rosenborg Reply with quote

Halla Rbk'ere. Håper på seier hjemme mot PSV, det er absolutt nødvendig, og ett poeng borte, med det har Rosenborg 5p. Å da kan vi se hvordan tabellen er før kampene mot Arsenal og Phanantinaikos.
Rosenborg er jo best når det gjelder så,,,,,,, STÅ PÅ TROILLAN.
For vi skal være noen ordentlige Twisted Evil å knekke i Champions League.
DaMarcus Beasley
Junior

PostPosted: 05.10.2004 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great, but I don't understand a word of it.
Benoni Hartvich
Rutinert

PostPosted: 05.10.2004 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMarcus Beasley wrote:
That's great, but I don't understand a word of it.

Hi!

I think the other guy misunderstood the point of an english forum.

He basically says that a homewin against PSV is necessary for us to have a chance of getting to the next round, and I agree.

The performance against Arsenal was good, but I also think we could improve a couple of things against PSV, and we should therefore be able to win.

Rosenborgs home performance could, at least in part, ascirbed to the weather condidtions. The weather in this part of Norway (or any part of Norway.....) can be unfriendly in november and december. HOWEVER; I thing most central Europeans exaggerate this, e.g the weather in Trondheim at the Arsenal match was not worse than the weather in England around christmas time. I think the reason is simply that Rosenborg is a strong side that VERY often are underestimated by teams from "BIG" leagues in the south of Europe. For instance, I visited a few Arsenal forums before the match, and I reminded them of Rosenborgs home record, and predicted a draw or a one goal win to either of the teams. People responded politely, but haughty, that they respected our results, but that this would NOT happen to their team. Most predicted a easy 3 or 4 goal win for Arsenal, not ONE of the Arsenal fans I discussed with left us a chance. I guess that was the case for the players as well.

So, in short I think that the reason for Rosenborgs (relative) strong home record is partly climatic, and partly that Rosenborg is a much stronger side than the visiting teams are aware of.

Hope PSV makes the same mistake, and we get snow and -10 degrees. Cool
DaMarcus Beasley
Junior

PostPosted: 05.10.2004 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your view. It's always nice to surprise a big team. However, I don't think PSV will underestimate Rosenborg, especially not at the away game. That's why I'm affraid PSV will play too defensive and just hope for a lucky goal (just like the our game against Arsenal). Our coach Hiddink often plays like this, I think it would be better to just go for it and see what happens.

Do you know anything about the number of people that will be visiting the game in Eindhoven? I personally won't be going to Trondheim because I had to pay more than €500 euro, which I just find too much. I'm sure a small number of fans will be crazy enough to visit you though.

Edit.

I forgot to mention something. Can you tell me something about the way Rosenborg plays it's games? I only saw the games against Panatiakos (too bad you 'forgot' to score) and Arsenal (well played). Does Rosenborg usually lay back and counter, or play open games with chances on both sides? I certainly hope you can play offensive because PSV always has a hard time against teams that just wait for us too come. Besides, the best part of the team is the defense (although we have some unjured players at the moment) so I think we"ll have more chance winning the game that way.
Junior

PostPosted: 05.10.2004 20:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMarcus Beasley wrote:
I'm sure a small number of fans will be crazy enough to visit you though.

of course we are! Cool
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 05.10.2004 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMarcus Beasley wrote:
Can you tell me something about the way Rosenborg plays it's games?

(...)

I certainly hope you can play offensive because PSV always has a hard time against teams that just wait for us too come.

Then you will be glad: Rosenborg are wellknown for their attacking football.

Here's a kind of preview for my Dutch friends:

Style of play
Rosenborg usually play with a very attacking 4-3-3 formation. But in European away games the two wingers are often given more defensive roles, and therefore the formation in Eindhoven will be more like 4-5-1.

In contrast to the Norwegian national team, RBK don't play long balls on the man on top. Rosenborg like to start the attacks from behind. They use two attacking full backs, who often assist on goals with good cross over balls.

Key players
Ørjan BergThe central midfielder of Rosenborg is the key player. For years legendary Bent Skammelsrud had that role, but after he retired two years ago, Orjan Berg (pictured) has had this role. He's maybe Norway's best football player in the moment, but the veteran has said no to more international games for Norway. Berg is kind of two-feeted (can use both feet) and is truly a great playmaker. If he's in shape, Rosenborg is in shape. Sadly he has been suffering from a lot of injuries the last years, as in the moment.

The last years Harald Brattbakk (ex Celtic) has been the team's top scorer - he's the over all time top scorer in Norwegian football with 159 league goals in 233 matches. But this year he hasn't been that great. Even though he scored 3 goals in 4 Champions League qualifying games against Sheriff Tiraspol and Maccabi Haifa, I won't be surprised if he starts on the bench against PSV Eindhoven.

Frode JohnsenLuckily our other goal machine, Frode Johnsen, instead has had his best ever season. In the moment he has 16 league goals in 23 matches. That's maybe not that impressive, but he is more than just a goal scorer. He has plenty of assists, and is kind of making his teammates good too. Johnsen, who actually was a police trainee before joining Rosenborg in the summer of 2000, has become a regular on the national team this year.

Status report
Rosenborg played a good game against Arsenal and did get a good result. But the play wasn't tip-top - we created more goal attempts in the away game against Panathinaikos, and therefore many concluded: "RBK is good enough to hold Arsenal to a tie on an average day." Wink

But the Arsenal game is truly forgotten already. The big "thing" these days is Rosenborg's bad shape in the Norwegian league. As Dutch media might has reported, RBK have lost 3 of the 4 last league matches; the worst row of games since 1986.

The key players are therefore critized by media of just playing good in the big games, and not giving everything against "small" opponents.

In the moment, with 3 games left, 2nd placed VÃ¥lerenga Oslo are just one point behind, and the media think they might break Rosenborg record row of league titles (12 seasons in a row).

Nevertheless we still have "everything in other own hands"; if we won't lose any of the 3 remaining games, we'll secure the title. But I have to say I am bit nervous. Luckily both the winner and the runner up will get a place in the Champions League qualifyers next season...
DaMarcus Beasley
Junior

PostPosted: 17.10.2004 20:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for all the information. I heard you lost your game in the competition this weekend. What did your direct opponents do? Are you still going to be champion?

Our game against ADO Den Haag was suspended in the 80 minute by the referee and city of Den Haag because of talking negative insulting singing from the audience. The score was then 2-0 for PSV (2 goals of Vonlanthen - it was the first time he started in a competition game). Some players (Cocu, Beasley, Farfán, Park) didn't play but might show up against Rosenborg. Because Ajax lost 3 points we're now ahead of Feyenoord by 3 and Ajax by 7 (10 if we beat them sunday).

I'm looking forward to the match upcoming wednesday.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 17.10.2004 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMarcus Beasley wrote:
What did your direct opponents do? Are you still going to be champion?

2nd placed VÃ¥lerenga just played 0-0 home against last placed Sogndal tonight! Very Happy With two matches left RBK and VÃ¥lerenga now both have 42 points and +14 in goal difference... This will be real thriller!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb