RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How did you become a Rosenborg supporter?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 17.12.2007 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seattle... You must be the fan furthest away from Trondheim. Superb to find out Rosenborg attracts people living at almost 10000 kilometers away Tommel'n opp! Do you support only Rosenborg or do you also follow MLS (there is a new Seattle team in the MLS from next season on) ?

spinthelights
Junior

PostPosted: 17.12.2007 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

We used to have a Seattle team here that played in the NASL (the precursor to MLS that disappeared in the mid-1980's) named the Sounders that I watched when I was very young, but since haven't kept up with American soccer as much. Partially because there isn't a team that is local, and also the level of competition - and it honestly pains me to say - isn't quite as exciting as the other FIFA divisions around the world (Olympics and World Cup aside).

But I'm impressed you heard about the news Gerrit, we are getting an MLS soccer team in the 2009 season. Very Happy They don't have a name yet, nor even a hint at the players they are considering, but the games will be played here in Seattle at our football stadium Qwest Field. The stadium is built to hold 65,000+ and was architecturally designed to project as much sound as possible onto the field (it is the loudest in the United States), so if there is enough interest in the city and the attendance is good, they will be very good matches indeed to watch. I am very excited to have a professional-level team here, and plan to support them as much as I can. If nothing else to hopefully keep encouraging soccer's growth here in the States.

Nonetheless, I consider myself an RBK supporter first, and will no doubt follow Rosenborg more closely that the team just down the street! RBK Still, it will be nice to have good games locally.
Christian
Senior

PostPosted: 17.12.2007 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

spinthelights wrote:
But I'm impressed you heard about the news Gerrit, we are getting an MLS soccer team in the 2009 season. Very Happy They don't have a name yet, nor even a hint at the players they are considering, but the games will be played here in Seattle at our football stadium Qwest Field.

Maybe you can suggest them to call the team "Rosenborg BK Seattle" RBK or "Seattle Vikings" Cool Razz
Ballahl
Veteran

PostPosted: 17.12.2007 23:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

spinthelights wrote:
Nonetheless, I consider myself an RBK supporter first, and will no doubt follow Rosenborg more closely that the team just down the street!

Tommel'n opp! RBK

Very Nice stadium btw!
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 18.12.2007 10:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why I follow MLS...

Well firstly I have a favourite team in a lot of countries: Iceland, Greenland, Faroe Islands, Israel, Australia, ... Of course these are more sympathies than being a real fan. A fan I am only of KV Oostende (Belgium) and Rosenborg. Those are the two teams of my heart, but in other countries I have a few teams I sympathise with. So I follow the results of a lot of obscure leagues (including Greenland, probably the obscurest of all leagues but I still try to follow it)

MLS attracts me quite well because I have friends in USA and Canada. Unfortunately not in states that have an MLS team, but it still raised my interest in the MLS.

My American friends live in Michigan which has no MLS team yet although Chicago Fire is not very far away.
My Canadian friends live in the Yukon (the far north of Canada) which is too arctic and too sparsely populated to ever have a professional team I think. Although you never know, if a very northern city like Tromsø can have a professional team then maybe Yukon can as well?

I think it is very good that Seattle enters the MLS, it will have a huge catchment area as the team will be the only one in the area. For further expansions I think the MLS needs to first look at Philadelphia, Florida, Montreal, Vancouver, and maybe Detroit.

spinthelights
Junior

PostPosted: 18.12.2007 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian wrote:
Maybe you can suggest them to call the team "Rosenborg BK Seattle" RBK or "Seattle Vikings" Cool Razz

That would sure save me a bit of money on flags, shirts and scarves. For every piece of RBK gear I bought I could support two teams! "Vikings" would be great too, I really wish I had thought of that before the deadline to submit names had expired.... Mad If I get another chance, I'll suggest it for sure.

Ballahl wrote:
Very Nice stadium btw!

They did a great job designing it - it's a bit "impersonal" thought - 60,000 people can be a bit overwhelming and crowded. I really love smaller stadiums, but they're really hard to come by in American sports.

And Gerrit, I feel the same way you do about following teams throughout the world, there is a lot of good football to be had in a lot of countries. I try to catch up with the J. League in Japan when I can, I really enjoy the style of play there. Australia too, they have a great league, and the move to FIFA's AFC was really good for them I think.

I know here in the US there is currently room in the MLS for one more team, but I haven't heard of any possibilities. I know that Florida had two team a few years back in Miami and Tampa Bay, but they were squeezed out by MLS when it reduced the number of teams. But soccer here is gaining in popularity, so they may be back in the near future.

I'd be all for a team in Detroit, Michigan or Whitehorse, Yukon. The more support for MLS the better! Wink

Are you also a fan of any Turkcell Super League teams? I know of Galatassaray (sorry if that's spelled wrong), but not too much more I'm sorry to say.
Christian
Senior

PostPosted: 22.12.2007 18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best (will say: funniest) league is of course the Vatican Cup!
Eight teams of priests, staff and swiss watchman and so on playing for the holy cup! If you do a bad foul or blame God or the referee, you will get Red Card at once!

Another nice fun cup is the inofficial World Championship "Fifi Wild Cup" with teams from Northern Republic of Cyprus, Greenland, Gibraltar, Zanzibar and so on!

But these are not leagues which are organized!

If it comes to favourite clubs in countries, I have them too:
In Germany most of all Spvvg.Unterhaching, but mostly northern one. I am also a little supporter of LFC because of Crouch. God, he is a great player (and spend a little time in Sweden, I have heard)!
attach
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 22.12.2007 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sami national team won the Viva World Cup. Is Viva and Fifi the same tournament?
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 22.12.2007 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the Secretary of CENF, which is the European organisation for non-FIFA nations. In 2009 we plan to organise the first European Cup for non-FIFA nations, participants we want to have involved include Sapmi, Greenland, Wallonia, Gozo, Kosova, Northern Cyprus, ...

The Vatican cup is cool. Red card if you blame God, hehe. Razz Regardless of that however, Vatican City has its own regular national team and we hope they also will affiliate to CENF.

@ Spinthelights : I have no favourite team in the Turkish Superlig, although I went to several games of Besiktas and one of Galatasaray. The Besiktas stadium is very idyllic. However, my favourite Turkish team is Vanspor who are in the 4th division. Not a real fan, just sympathising with them due to friends from that area of Turkey.

I only really support Oostende (BE) and Rosenborg (NO) but i have sympathies for clubs in other countries. But it's not like I really follow all results and transfer news etc from other clubs but Oostende and Rosenborg. In other countries, I have a preference for specific clubs but without really following all results and news.

Some of the teams I find sympathic include Aston Villa, Barnet, Inverness CT, Queens Park, Venezia, Salzburg, ... and lots of others really. My weirdest one is probably Qanaaq, my favourite Greenlandic team. My obsession for the arctic got me interested enough in Greenlandic football to write to their FA to get a booklet about the Greenlandic league (which they sent to me! Tommel'n opp! )

And if Yukon ever gets an MLS team I will visit my friends in Yukon and go to a game. However, Yukon's population is not really sufficient for professional football I'm afraid, and Canada does not even have its own league so if clubs from Vancouver or Montreal struggle then I'm sure in Yukon it must be even harder to get a team organised. However, you never know, no dream impossible!

Bakklandia
Legende

PostPosted: 22.12.2007 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just wondering, I know Greenland is a part of Denmark, but geograficly it's a part of North-America. Is it becouse it's a part of Denark that it's a part of your organisation and not the north-american one?
Christian
Senior

PostPosted: 22.12.2007 23:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think "Viva" and "Fifi" are two different cups. The host for the Fifi-cup was Hamburg-St.Pauli. It is planned again for 2008 or 2009. In 2006 Northern Cyprus won the cup.
I think there are many of these cups as they are not official, but more fun.
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 23.12.2007 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

VerneTroyer wrote:
I'm just wondering, I know Greenland is a part of Denmark, but geograficly it's a part of North-America. Is it becouse it's a part of Denark that it's a part of your organisation and not the north-american one?

They used to be in the EU and they are tied to Denmark, which is why we accept them if they wish to affiliate (they are considering our invitation but I think they will accept it)

North America doesn't have a non-FIFA confederation yet, South America was the first continent to start one and we (CENF / Europe) are second. Obviously working closely together with NF Board, the world body for non-FIFA football.

Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 23.12.2007 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian wrote:
I think "Viva" and "Fifi" are two different cups. The host for the Fifi-cup was Hamburg-St.Pauli. It is planned again for 2008 or 2009. In 2006 Northern Cyprus won the cup.
I think there are many of these cups as they are not official, but more fun.

VIVA World Cup (by NF Board) was planned in Northern Cyprus but they were robbed of the hosting because of visa problems. VIVA World Cup then moved to Occitania and was won by Sapmi (beating Monaco 1-21 in the final Neutral ). Meanwhile N.Cyprus organised its own tournament which they won themselves.

Engelsk
Proff

PostPosted: 05.01.2008 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to see the winner of the VIVA World Cup get a place in FIFA World Cup qualifying Razz
Bakklandia
Legende

PostPosted: 05.01.2008 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think that's a great idea! They could maybe be the team the oseanic winners must play qualification against, it will be the best shot for both teams!
Engelsk
Proff

PostPosted: 05.01.2008 17:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea! Razz

Come on FIFA, you know it's good.
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 05.01.2008 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the problem is that some players would then be eligible for two World Cup participants. Take Puyol from Barcelona, who is a Spanish international but also plays for Catalunia in the non-FIFA tournaments. Imagine Catalunia wins the VIVA World Cup and qualifies for the FIFA World Cup, then who is Puyol supposed to play for (Spain or Catalunia) ?

The Sapmi team has the same problem, as one or two of their players have also played for Finland in the FIFA tournaments.

Basque Country is another non-FIFA team whose players have been participating in Spanish national team as well.

So as much as I like the idea, I think it would bring some problems. Imagine Puyol would decide to play for Spain instead of Catalunia, then it would probably lead to a lot of chaos around the Nou Camp...

Engelsk
Proff

PostPosted: 06.01.2008 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Neutral
mrstpatsfc
Senior

PostPosted: 23.07.2008 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

i too follow a number of teams,from st pats to rosenborg to st pauli to racing club de avellaneda and more.

just wondering if anyone has any informationon norwegian players who have played in ireland?other than glen atle larsen.thanks

gerrit has solari left oostende?just wondering have you any connection to the club?great to see people following belgian teams outside of anderlecht and brugge,although i confess to owning an anderlecht shirt!
attach
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 23.07.2008 14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go
mrstpatsfc
Senior

PostPosted: 24.07.2008 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks attach,had been wondering for some time Very Happy Very Happy
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 24.07.2008 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrstpatsfc wrote:
i too follow a number of teams,from st pats to rosenborg to st pauli to racing club de avellaneda and more.

just wondering if anyone has any informationon norwegian players who have played in ireland?other than glen atle larsen.thanks

gerrit has solari left oostende?just wondering have you any connection to the club?great to see people following belgian teams outside of anderlecht and brugge,although i confess to owning an anderlecht shirt!

KVO are my favourite team in Belgium, have always been since I seriously started to follow football. My first game of them was at age 12 or 13 and the next seasons I saw about half to 75% of the games. The last 5 seasons before I emigrated I had a season card, and also saw all away games. I missed only 5 games in 5 seasons Cool

Solari? Does not ring a bell, so probably a player who played for the club short term and after my emigration out of Belgium... He definitely does NOT play for Oostende right now.
KVO is going to be quite original this year though, with an arts group as sponsor. I think we are the first club in the Belgian football who will be sponsored by an arts group rather than a normal company. The artist running the company designed the new shirts and the numbers on the back will all have the shape of artistic images, trying to turn our shirts into little artworks. If we fail to impress football-wise we still won't remain unnoticed!

There is a KVO England now, an amateur team set up by a few English KVO fans. They compete in 10th division the coming season, so 9 promotions away from the Premiership and from meetings with Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, etc Razz www.kvoengland.co.uk is their site.

Must add though that since emigrating I have been groundhopping mainly rather than following a real club. In Ireland I went to all Shelbourne games when I lived in Dublin, but when I moved to Northern Ireland and Turkey I deliberately did not pick a club and just picked random games in an attempt to see every team and every stadium within reach at least once. And this is surprisingly fulfilling. Supporting a club is great, but in all honesty I like travelling and discovering new clubs and places every week just as much. Unless Norway is the next country I move to, I will keep it this way to just groundhop rather than following a club (although you never know what happens... in Ireland I started following Shelbourne basically because the girl I fancied was a Shels fan Embarassed )

PS: Anderlecht is wrong, very wrong Razz It is the one club in Belgium I really don't like at all. I grew up not far from Brussels and the whole area is populated/polluted with Anderlecht fans. Even my dad is an Anderlecht fan but I never felt any attraction to the club. Especially some players and their bastard manager Verschueren (known for his extremely conservative right-wing views) turned me off. I was the only KVO fan in the entire area while many of my relatives are into Anderlecht. I really don't like them and always enjoy their losses (even if this brings the Belgian UEFA coefficient down)

But well, I don't support the Belgian national team neither, I am very much non-patriottic... But Anderlecht are a joy to watch when they lose, while the other Belgian teams or national team more or less leave me indifferent. Apart from KVO who will however probably never experience European football.

mrstpatsfc
Senior

PostPosted: 25.07.2008 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah i was under the impression you were irish,hence the question.i wouldnt follow belgium football as much nowadays,used to love the likes of wilmots and baseggio.

i agree with you about the managers stance but i havent gotten into that side of things.

i was looking at KVO`s wikipedia and santiago solari came up,the striker who once played for real madrid and inter milan,but when i clicked his name i couldnt get any more info about his time in belgium.

ah your forgiven for the shels link so Smile Smile
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 25.07.2008 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am Belgian citizen but lived in Ireland for 3 years, during which I went to Irish league games almost weekly Smile I lived in Dublin and Belfast, and travelled all over Ireland during those 3 years on the island.

I have been to St Pats a few times as well with Shelbourne. Including that one 0-0 when Shels won the league in Inchicore. I like Irish football, it still feels cosy but at the same time you have the same fanatism and atmosphere as anywhere else, but without constant security worries and such. I mean, the rivalry between Shels and Pats and Bohs and Rovers, it is all fanatic but apart from Rovers fans it never gets violent and all remains pleasant to attend the games. During the game it is rivalry, once after the final whistle you just drink a glass with the fans of the other team and have a friendly chat ; I like that a lot. In Belgium it is not always possible nowadays due to hooliganism rising rapidly. The only teams I ever experienced hassle with were Cork (only slightly), Rovers and Linfield. In Belfast I had the bad luck to live very close to Linfield's ground Neutral The reason why I did not support any team in NI (unlike in Republic of Ireland) is that in NI every team is either catholic or protestant, so by choosing a favourite team I'd have been involved in the political debate there, while as a foreigner I prefered staying neutral (also because I had friends and colleagues on both sides of the devide)

So yeah, I love Irish football and Ireland in general. I have good memories of my 3 years in Ireland. Galway, Derry and Belfast are my favourite places in Ireland. I even fancied a girl on the west coast for a while Razz

Do you have a favourite team in Turkey? Since I lived in Istanbul I follow Turkish football from close range, but my favourite team is (oddly enough) Vanspor who are in 3rd division.

mrstpatsfc
Senior

PostPosted: 25.07.2008 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know what you mean i would rarely venture north for a game and have little or no interest in their league,altho if glentoran get rosenborg in the uefa cup il be there in a flash ha.

ah i remember the nil all with shels,was a bad nite see nthem winning the league on our patch but your right about the hoolignism.its mostly rovers,although bohs are catching up quickly.

as regards turkey,i absolutely depsise galatasary although they have made 2 good signings recently in kewell and meira,although the kewell one is tough,as leeds fans were murdered there in 2001.

my favourite team would probably be besiktas although i wouldnt be a keen follower.i dont mind fenerbahce either but with aragones at the helm i dont know what will happen,hes not my favourite manager for obvious reasons!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb