RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
World Cup 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 10.09.2008 00:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Lerkendal may also be expanded in that case so that Trondheim would get to host games? Could be good for RBK as well, bigger stadium (30000 capacity is minimum for a Euro tournament) would also mean more tickets to sell during European games for Rosenborg.

Apart from obvious choices like Oslo, Trondheim, Stockholm, Malmo and Goteborg, which other cities would be hosting games?
Maybe Bergen or Stavanger for Norway? And a second stadium in Stockholm?

Would be great that Norway would be directly qualified.

As for the World Cup: Iceland-Scotland and Macedonia-Holland coming up.

Ideally Holland would not win, in that case all 3 big teams lost points in their opening game so the 2-2 against Iceland would not be a disaster. If Scotland would also drop points against Iceland it would also benefit Norway for sure.
The ideal results tomorrow would be a draw or Icelandic victory against Scotland, and a draw or Macedonian victory against Holland.

Kjello
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 10.09.2008 01:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gothenburg (43/60 000), Stockholm (50 000), Oslo (50-52 000), Trondheim (40 000), Bergen, Stavanger, Malmö and Norrköping are the planned hostcities. The current demand for hosting the Euro is 1 venue with atleast 50 000 seats(minimum for final and opening match), 2 venues with atleast 40 000 seats(minimum for semifinals) and 5 venues with atleast 30 000 seats. UEFA is considering upgrading the demands to 35 000 as minimum and unknown numbers for the other three venues.

Norway and Sweden wants to atleast have two 50 000 and two 40 000 to make their bid competitive. In adition they are discussing weither Ullevi in Gothenburg should be expanded to 60 000 seats to make it even more competitive and host the final there. Being closer to Norway is also a good point along with the fact that it was the city hall in Guthenburg who suggested to bid for the Euro.

The big question is if UEFA expands the tournament to 24 teams or not. Hosting a tournament with 24 teams will be difficult for Norway and Sweden as that will probably demand 12 venues. It will also probably lead to higher capacity demands to the venues that host important matches like the final, opening match, semifinals and maybe even quarterfinals. I would think 70 000 for the final would become the new demand.
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 10.09.2008 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case there would be 24 teams you could include Denmark in the bid and make it an all-Scandinavian organisation. Because you already got 8 venues in Sweden and Norway. Add Parkenstadion in Kopenhagen to that, and the stadium of Aalborg and/or Aarhus (after expansion) and you would have enough venues even for the 24 teams concept. Of course the one problem is then: which of the three countries does not get opening ceremony nor final Neutral

Bakklandia
Legende

PostPosted: 10.09.2008 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really, really doubt that UEFA would even consider a three-spilt hosted cahmpionship.
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 12.09.2008 23:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know AFC and UEFA are two different animals alltogether, but the Asian Cup was a co-organisation of 4 countries! But guess UEFA may be more picky... But nothing is decided about the upgrade to 24 teams yet, and in the current concept Norway-Sweden would be an ideal host: infrastructure and hotels are all on high level, connections to rest of Europe + domestic transport are easy, ...

IF it would indeed happen, would both Norway and Sweden be automatically qualified? I fear after the disaster of Austria and Switzerland UEFA are capable of no longer let all host countries qualify immediately.

Kjello
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 13.09.2008 00:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Host countries will of course always be automatically qualified. However, It may happen that they arn't top seeded like Austria and Switzerland was. Norway is way behind when it come to infrastructure. Our road network is catastrophic. Our railroads are even worse, the places where it actually is railroads. I think Norway will be pushed to do major invesments in infrastructure if we want to host the Euro. As an example, Austria has 1631 km of motorway, Switzerland has 1673 km. Norway has only 181 km wich is actually the lowest amount in Europe if you rule out Luxembourg.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 08.10.2008 10:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Age Hareide has said Scotland will be tough opponents when the sides meet in their Group Nine World Cup qualifier on Saturday.

"They are strong at home and Hampden is always a difficult place to pick up points," said Hareide.

Read more: Scots will be strong - Hareide

“However, if we lose to Scotland then I think that we would be out of contention after only two fixtures. It would be almost impossible for us to qualify then.”

Riseth had been informed by Hareide that he would be involved this weekend before fate, in the shape of a ruptured Achilles tendon, intervened but he has still managed to profit from his disappointment.

“At least I will still be able to experience the atmosphere at Hampden because I have been asked to provide analysis for the French TV station, Canal Plus,” he said.

Read more: Norway are ’struggling’ admits Vidar Riseth

Ghana's Anthony Annan says the Black Stars have been guilty of underestimating their opponents in World Cup and Africa Cup of Nations qualifying.

However, the Rosenborg midfielder claims they will not repeat the mistake in their decisive qualifier against Lesotho on Saturday.

Read more: Ghana face serious test against Lesotho
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 11.10.2008 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched Scotland-Norway live. Irish Pubs are handy when Norway is in the group with any UK team, this means watching it on quality TV rather than some dodgy illegal live stream...

I thought Norway was the better team most of the game, especially the first half every bit of dangerous attempts on goal were from Norway. After the break Scotland pressed a bit but apart from one shot saved by Knudsen and that huge miss from the black guy (what a way to make your debut for your country Razz ) they never really were that dangerous, while Carew and Iversen both had some great chances on the counter. I must say that Carew was not that good today in finishing, especially that last shot when he was face to face with the goalie should have been between the posts and not over the bar.

I guess the result is more or less fair, we cannot really complain because 99 times out of 100 that one huge chance from the Scottish newbie would have been a goal. But overall Norway left a well organised impression, which is hopegiving.
Still, we need to keep our fingers crossed for an Icelandic stunt tonight or Holland is running away from the others in this group. So afram Island ... (afram is Icelandic for "heia" or "forza", right? Rolling Eyes )

Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 14.10.2008 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow is a "make or break" game I guess which will be crucial despite being in the early stages of the qualifiers. The Netherlands started off with a 6 out of 6 while Norway and Scotland are already behind despite the Scots having already had one game more. If the Netherlands win in Oslo, they make a gap with Norway just as well and may be on an early cruise to direct qualification. I guess Holland winning the group was somewhat expected, and even if Norway would lose then the second spot is still very much within reach as Scotland already dropped 5 points. But still, if Norway could win this game tomorrow, then maybe it is possible to dream of more than a 2nd spot.

What are the expectations for tomorrow? I thought Norway left a well organised impression in Glasgow and maybe the game against Holland comes at the right time. It will be needed to score the few opportunities that will come though. The Dutch may be overconfident and underestimate Norway though.

Is there any live stream of the game?

2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 14.10.2008 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

myp2p.eu may be helpful.
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 15.10.2008 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

0-1 Sad I guess Holland are on their way to win this group, for Norway it will be quite hard to make the World Cup although luckily Scotland has also dropped points already so the second spot is still possible.

2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 15.10.2008 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

But just the 8 best of 9 runner ups go to playoff. Norway will struggle manage that now.
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 15.10.2008 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

But there are some other groups where 1 team seems to be running away. Second spot and playoffs should be possible, but still... In those playoffs teams like Turkey, Portugal, Ireland, Czech Republic or France could be waiting. It will not be easy and it is a shame today was a loss. Imagine Norway had won, then direct qualification would even be very possible. Holland seems to have a walk in the park however, with Norway and Scotland both dropping points against weaker opposition like Macedonia and Iceland.

PS Iceland won and is ahead of Norway now Neutral Sad

Bakklandia
Legende

PostPosted: 15.10.2008 23:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody is ahead of Norway. We're last in the group!
mrstpatsfc
Senior

PostPosted: 16.10.2008 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

suprised no one has yet to mention iwelumos miss last week ,shocking stuff.

real pity norway lost last night.still hoping that ireland and norway will meet in south africa in 2010.we will see how it goes,fingers crossed
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 16.10.2008 21:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrstpatsfc wrote:
suprised no one has yet to mention iwelumos miss last week ,shocking stuff.

And that was in his first game ever for Scotland. What a way to make your debut unforgettable, shooting over an empty open goal Razz

Iceland is ahead of Norway now, that is depressing. Iceland for gods sake... Sad But I still believe Norway can finish 2nd, because Scotland is also not consistend. Beating the Scots in Oslo could make things a lot brighter again.

My native Belgium had a great display against Spain but eventually lost. A Belgian goal was wrongly disallowed and Spain scored the winning goal 2 minutes from time. Must say it does not make me emotional, I dont support Belgium. I would much rather see Norway qualify, and in Belgiums group I support Turkey (I lived there before and like the country better than my country of birth)

mrstpatsfc
Senior

PostPosted: 16.10.2008 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

i noticed the belgium result alrite,unlucky.

how come you dont follow belgium anymore?if u dont mind me asking.

caleb folan mad his ireland debut last night,hes 25 and it was his first time in dublin Surprised .i always wonder what the irish team would be like without these kind of players (that we get via the ``granny rule``).

anyone got any thoughts on the stephen ireland matter?foolish man but a cracking player! does the job for city week in week out but afraid to represent his country
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 17.10.2008 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never supported Belgium in the first place. Just like I never felt at home there. I was born there and grew up there, but to me it has never felt like "my country". Since being emigrated, I just feel the desire to stay abroad. Belgium is not a bad place, it never felt like "my place" however, the other countries attracted me much more, always has been like that. So supporting other countries is only logical when you have no patriottic feelings whatsoever.

If Belgium plays Norway I will support Norway without any bit of mixed feelings. I actually have attended Belgium-Norway in 1998 and supported Norway vocally as if the opponent was totally unimportant to me. I keep an eye out for Belgiums results though but secretly like it when they lose against one of the countries that attract me Razz Now that they are in the same group with Turkey, I wish Belgium to drop as many points as possible, Spain will win the group anyway now so I want Turkey to stay ahead of Belgium. I lived in Istanbul and had such a great time there, so I much rather see Turkey advance than Belgium.

Engelsk
Proff

PostPosted: 18.10.2008 00:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Granny rule", mrstpatsfc?
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 18.10.2008 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your parent or grandparent is from country X, you can claim citizenship of this country in some cases. This allows you to also play for that country, even if you never resided there. Ireland and Northern Ireland have been using this rule for many decades, the Ireland team that impressed in the early nineties (the era of Steve Staunton, Tony Cascarino, etc) had like 50 percent of players born and bred in England but with an Irish grandparent. Some of Northern Irelands best players like Maik Taylor or Keith Gillespie have never lived long term in NI and grew up elsewhere, but still could represent "the wee north" because of a parent or grandparent born in Belfast.

It is happening everywhere though. Chris Birchall (the one white player for Trinidad and Tobago on the world cup 2006) had never been in TT before his first appearance for the island nation. He qualified to play for them because his mother was born in Port of Spain, even though she moved to England at an early age. Christian Vieri grew up in Australia but was able to play for Italy because of his Italian heritage. Croatia had a few players born in Australia as well, only Viduka chose to represent Australia while many other Australians with Croat roots chose to play for Croatia.

Bakklandia
Legende

PostPosted: 18.10.2008 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vieri-case is particullary interesting as Christian little brother, Massimilliano, has caps for Australia.
mrstpatsfc
Senior

PostPosted: 19.10.2008 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

max vieri would never have made it for italy so was a wise decision on his part.

im sure they may be one or two norwegian players who have opted to use this rule down the years.

we have used it more so than any other country i can think of.we managed to lure aidan mcgeady from the clutches of scotland and have done the same with james mc carthy off hamilton academical.although that case looks like it will really drag on.

iv no problem with getting players like this really,but i do get annoyed when i see only a handful of the irish players singing the national anthem.the english born players tend not to bother
Bakklandia
Legende

PostPosted: 19.10.2008 18:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrstpatsfc wrote:
im sure they may be one or two norwegian players who have opted to use this rule down the years.

Kongsvingers 17 year old Lars Kristian Krogh Gerson plays for Luxembourgs A-team.
Søring
Senior

PostPosted: 19.10.2008 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marocco wanted to get Tarik Elyonoussi, but he plays for Norway instead.
mrstpatsfc
Senior

PostPosted: 21.10.2008 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats right about elyounoussi.

just looking up some stuff about gerson.no bad reports going about him,all seems positive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb