RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How did you become a Rosenborg supporter?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 28.07.2008 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been at Besiktas a few times, the stadium is simply beyond amazing. It is right at the banks of the Bosphorus, from the stand you see the sea and the Asian city part in the distance + you can see the Dolmabahce Palace and a beautiful mosque as well from the stands. Most beautifully located stadium in the world probably.

Galatasaray fans are insane, the atmosphere there is impressive. I have been at Fener a few times but never for a game, just for a stadium visit. To watch a game of them soon is on my "to do" list Smile

Oh, after the Shels league victory in Richmond Park the league trophy was brought to Tolka's social club. In there, we took a bottle of every drink available and mixed it all in that cup. There were a lot of drinks in it that normally never get mixed, so you can hardly imagine the brew inside. Then we passed around the cup, first the players and then the fans, and everyone swallowed a bit. Me as well, I never drank anything more weird than that thing, although surprisingly enough it wasn't even that bad Razz

mrstpatsfc
Senior

PostPosted: 29.07.2008 00:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats ireland for you!Very Happy

besiktas stadium sounds amazing by all means.

cant wait for the draw this friday,will be cheering on my beloved pats(of course) cork and glentoran this thurs in the hope rosenborg will draw one of them.hopefully rosenborg will draw cork so then i can avoid belfast,avoid having divided loyalties when they play pats (although id have to favorthe irish team in the end) and id get to go in with the away fans and sing rosenborg songs!
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 30.07.2008 03:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belfast is a nice place though. I lived there for over 1,5 years (and lived some time in Dublin as well) and I liked Belfast. Of course the "stay out of politics and never discuss it in public" is something I disliked because I am very interested in politics and the history of a country, in the end I just kept my mouth shut though to avoid choosing a side and getting involved in the whole thing. But for me as an immigrant, Belfast was nice ; it has some lovely architecture (eg City Hall, Opera House, university buildings, ...) and a vibrant arts scene. The artistic scene in Belfast is big, even if the better artists happen to be underground. But I went to open mike nights and poetry readings often, and always had a blast. Those arts meetings in small venues were also the only places where you could discuss politics at any time, because everyone involved was very openminded and anti-sectarian.

It would be cool to see Rosenborg beat Cork though, I don't like them at all Razz Many Cork fans seem to dislike Shelbourne, and Turners Cross is one of those places where Shels never got away with victory easily. Great away trip with a long bus drive along the east coast, and some great women down there though.

You should go up north and visit Glentoran. The Oval is quite a special stadium. It does lay in a very weird area with many empty old houses, and a lot of murals. It is not the place where you want to be alone at night on the streets. But it is a quite special stadium to visit. Just avoid being on the streets at night, it can be quite intimidating (I speak from experience - even though nothing happened to me in the end, but I did feel relief when approaching the city center again ... what a fool I was anyway to walk around after dark through the Belfast suburbs? Neutral )

PolishFan
Junior

PostPosted: 17.08.2008 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will tell my history.

Rosenborg is my favourite club away from Poland, since I remmember. Always it was the original - all of my colleagues loved Real Madrid, FC Barcelona, Manchester and so on. And I humbly always Rosenborg. Rosenborg started to be really interesting, as I learned that my family comes from the Slavic Vikings. I felt that Norway is my second homeland. I managed to visit your country last year. I - from Poland, so little has been for us dearly Very Happy I used to tell the whole story. Smile

When I was in Norway last year, Rosenborg was playing witf Tampere United in Qualification to Champions League. Unfortunately, there was no time to buy a ticket. But in a game I watched in pub near the railway station. Beer in the pub was to me property! But we were so good and drunk Very Happy RBK won, and fascinated me the song of supporters - Pippi. In Poland it is used in stadiums for a long time, but decided to introduce it to my stadium. People are incredibly play with her! (La, la la la la Rooosenborg Trondhjem:)) I look results RBK, and I hope that I come to your game ever. For sure as ever you will play in Poland!
RBKalle
Rutinert

PostPosted: 02.10.2008 14:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been fascinated with Scandinavia and Norway in particular since I was a kid, I don't even know why...

My first memory of Norwegian football was the huge 6-0 away win against Italy in a U21 qualifier match back in 1990 (or 91?), and the 2-1 win of the senior team the following day.

Then I supported the team during USA 94, but the turning point was the 1995-96 Champions League, where Rosenborg hold their own against some bigger teams.

The awesome and unforgettable 1996-97 campaign pretty much sealed the deal between me and RBK, with the San Siro "miracle". I still remember the ironic smiles of many friends when AC Milan drew Rosenborg, something like "ohh Norwegian champions, that's gotta be a reeeeeally difficult task for us", and they had to eat their words back, when they got kicked out of the competition.

So from there it snowballed, and I kept following the National team, with the glorious 4-2 and 2-1 wins over Brasil and the 1-0 over Italy, while RBK was making me proud to be a fan every Champions League they competed in (well, almost every CL Wink)

And when I finally managed to be in Norway, I just had to see RBK playing. First match was a 3-2 win at Odd [incidentally, my "second" team], and then what IIRC was the turning point for the unbelievable comeback for the gold in 2006, the 3-1 home win against LSK.

So, that's pretty much my (long) story about my fandom...

Love for Norway and love for football, could it end in a different way then becoming a RBK fan? Wink
mrstpatsfc
Senior

PostPosted: 02.10.2008 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome loki.

good story you have there.when did you manage to head to norway?where are you from yourself?
RBKalle
Rutinert

PostPosted: 02.10.2008 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first went to Norway as exchange student back in 2002-03, then I came back as tourist to visit some friends in 2004 and 2006. But I consider the visits more like some sort of homecoming than an actual holiday.

The 9 months I spent there were among the best times of my life, and I do have plans to relocate there in the (hopefully near-ish) future.

Me, I'm Italian...
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 06.10.2008 09:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

whereabouts in Italy are you from? I have toured northeast Italy myself, visited a few stadiums as well although only one was Seria A (I have been at Udinese stadium)

I may be wrong, but wasnt the big AC Milan shocker in 1995? My memory may be blurred as it is many years ago and I am too lazy to check it on wikipedia Razz Those early CL exposures, even the season before when RBK did not survive the first round, was what got me into RBK as well. It was the first Norwegian team I was exposed to, and that they come from a town further north than the usual teams increased the fascination (I am quite obsessed with the far north rather than Scandinavia in general - Copenhagen and Malmo for example are too southern for me, while cities such as Tromso, Trondheim, Rovaniemi, Kiruna etc fascinate me and have been fascinating me since I was very young)

I still have the old VHS tape (pre DVD era) of the Milan game... Sebastiano Rossi making that huge mistake on the second goal, the Belgian TV reporter going crazy in astonishment when realising AC Milan were going out of Europe... Sweet sweet memories...

RBKalle
Rutinert

PostPosted: 11.10.2008 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from Northwest Italy, on the coast near Genoa.

Oddly enough, I've never been to a Serie A match, and the one and only time I went to a match there was Roberto Baggio's farewell match for Italy. Not just "any" game Wink

About RBK, I'm pretty sure it was 1996. I still have vivid memories of the match, as I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat the whole time, until the final whistle...

The first European "miracle" [but I don't like the word... it makes it look like a total fluke, and that's just a partial truth], I witnessed, and the only one I managed to watch from kick-off to the final whistle.

All the others were just the 4 mins highlights late at night, and it was even more "dramatic" finding out the resulta.

I wanted to attend the return match in Florence last year, but what I watched in leg 1 convinced me it wasn't really the case...

I'm pulling for Sampdoria-RBK in UEFA Cup's next round Smile
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 11.10.2008 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont support any particular Italian team?

I never got into the Seria A myself but purely because I loved the city so much, I sort of have a bit of sympathies for Venezia Calcio. Who have been terrible the last couple of years unfortunately...

RBKalle
Rutinert

PostPosted: 12.10.2008 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't cared about a particular team for the longest time. As a kid I had a thing for Baggio's Fiorentina and Signori's Lazio, but it was more about the player(s) and the playing style than about the team as a team.

I hate how football is a matter of life and death here, too much drama, too much fuss...

Grown people acting like a bunch of kids every sunday and monday, unhealthy atmosphere in the stadiums, supporters clubs becoming political organizations...

No way I'm gonna be part of that crap.

I just watch the highlights, and I follow the players in my Fantasy Team, but that's it.
mrstpatsfc
Senior

PostPosted: 19.10.2008 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

del piero would be a hero of mine,but i wouldnt be too mad into any italian team.if i had to pick though it would be fiorentina although i do have a soft spot for sampdoria
alphacento
Junior

PostPosted: 12.01.2009 07:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

my story is not as interesting as most of the others. I started supporting sympathising for rosenborg a few years ago. it was the end of the 90´s and, almost every season, rosenborg would play champions league matches against italian teams so, because i´m italian and still living iin italy back than, i started supporting them. What I liked about them is their passion and determination and the fact that the players love the club to the point that they turn down huge economicaal offers from foreing leagues because they love the club so much!
Troilonge
Veteran

PostPosted: 12.01.2009 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the was the sweet, old spirit in Rosenborg. I guess you're looking for players like Erik Hoftun and Roar Strand. Unfortunatly, it's not like that anymore. We have too many foreigners who, after a set of good games, suddenly is wanted by big clubs in England, but ends up in West Bromwich or Crystal Palace.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 12.01.2009 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should not "dishonour" any of those players, but there is a fact that family matters stopped both Hoftun and Strand joining foreign clubs, while Skammelsrud returned from Leverkusen already after six months because of his daughter. In the case of Strand neither a really big club ever was real close to sign him.
Braga
Junior

PostPosted: 25.06.2009 06:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not forget Orjan Berg, Jorn Jatmfall or Mini Jakobson Those are 3 of the great players who never left RBK, and were part of the 90s-00s RBK's golden age. Other times. Maybe they had family affairs who made them stay in Norway, but nowadays the players still have families, and still have the same problems. The mentallity is the most important thing that have changed.

Anyway... i still haven't introduced myself to the forum. I'm Jose (Braga is my surname), Portuguese fan of Rosenborg BallKlub (also FC Porto's Embarassed ) . I'm one of the few Portuguese fans. And the only one from Portugal i know.

I Started noticing RBK in '96, i think. When Rosenborg played Porto for the first time in the 90s. Porto won both games, but still i liked that "new" Norwegian team i just had known.
As the years passed, i got to know Rosenborg and liked to see that, like Porto, they gained a lot of national titles in a row (much more, actually, but still the Portuguese Champs won 5 times in a row Wink ). I Started knowing more and more about Norway, Throndheim and the Norwegian football because of RBK, and as i approached graduation from high school, also considerd for a while Norway for my college years, since i didn't want much to stay in Portugal.

Well... i didn't go to Norway. Maybe if there is a Masters Degree in Astronomy, i might consider the move again, tough Laughing

PS: I apologise for my (kind of) rusty English. i just realized it has been a long time. Embarassed
Veteran

PostPosted: 25.06.2009 07:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braga wrote:
Well... i didn't go to Norway. Maybe if there is a Masters Degree in Astronomy, i might consider the move again, tough Laughing

Actually, I do think there is.
attach
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 25.06.2009 08:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.uio.no/studier...ro-master/
http://www.realfag.uio.no...onomi.html
Braga
Junior

PostPosted: 25.06.2009 12:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see that i would really have to improve a lot my norwegian Embarassed
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 25.06.2009 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.uio.no/english...sters.html
Fireman451
Senior

PostPosted: 02.07.2009 05:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a newbie and have been interested in Tippeligaen off and on for a few years. I chose to follow RBK b/c a Canadian friend of mine who used to live in Oslo pass along his passion for RBK to me.

I've also been known to post in the "Scandinavia" forum of Bigsoccer.com.

My primary club I follow is the Chicago Fire, followed by Queensland Roar of the A-League and RBK.

Glad to be here and look forward to getting to know more about Rosenborg.

Cheers fro Chicago!
- Mike
attach
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 03.07.2009 00:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Braga and Fireman451. Interesting with such additions to the forum. Tommel'n opp!
italiAner
Junior

PostPosted: 08.04.2010 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sannheten ae heier paa Milan,men om ae maa velge et norsk lag , da det laget er jo RBK.hvorfor aa heie paa RBK? det er lett aa si, fordi ae liker Norge , fordi ae liker norsk spraak , fordi ae liker det adelige tronderske dialekten :D.Med et ord ae elsker dere.Ae vet itj som ae har skrev noe feil, men jeg bryr itj meg om,ae haaper bare som du har forstod hva ae mente.
FORZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
RBKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 08.04.2010 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Du skrev godt norsk - med trøndersk æ. Welcome to this forum! Smile
Blue
Junior

PostPosted: 16.02.2011 23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello guys :]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb