RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Former players
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 01.12.2007 13:42    Post subject: Former players Reply with quote

Sometimes it is useful to know what is going on.

My first contribution to this thread:

Former Forest and Mansfield defender Jon-Olav Hjelde has announced his retirement after being unable to secure a club since leaving the Stags in the summer.

"Although I have kept myself fit, I have not received any contract offers and decided to move back to Norway permanently."

Read more: Hjelde to retire in homeland
Skotten
Rutinert

PostPosted: 02.12.2007 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met Orjan Berg on the day of the Chelsea game in a sports shop. I suppose there would have been a few at the game that night.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 25.06.2008 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel Braaten has signed a 3-year-deal with Toulouse

His year at Bolton was a fiasco, but his Rosenborg days were better - even though he was quite unstable in his performances.
Skotten
Rutinert

PostPosted: 25.06.2008 22:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

France might suit him better, Braaten and Elmander sounds like a good partnership although the latter is leaving I think.

I can see him returning to Norway though and signing for VIF for some reason eventually.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 25.06.2008 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think French football might suit Danny boy. The pressure on Toulouse should not be as heavy as last year, and hopefully Braaten will get a regular place in the team.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 26.06.2008 09:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braaten joined Bolton before the start of last season after performing well on YouTube, but has been a disappointment. The Norwegian was previously best known for performing the seal dribble, but at the Reebok, he has displayed another characteristic of that animal, namely lying on the floor and hoping that someone will throw him food.

Read more: Braaten to Leave Bolton. Whoopy do!
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 26.06.2008 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that is a Bolton FAN site? Confused OK, if a player is not doing well the fans can be critical, that's fine. But to just break down a player like that is a bit harsh.

I still think he has the talent to make it, hopefully he can do well at Toulouse. It isn't even a step down, Toulouse is in France a team usually doing better than Bolton has done in recent times in England (despite their one good European season they were always criticised for their defensive displays)

Skotten
Rutinert

PostPosted: 28.06.2008 12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/spo...478332.stm

BBC confirming deal for Elmander with Braaten going the other way.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 18.05.2009 11:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it was Heerenveen's first triumph, their coach Trond Sollied was revelling in his seventh final success.

"This is my seventh cup," said the 50-year-old.

As a player, Sollied won the Norwegian Cup twice with Rosenborg BK, and as a coach he has tasted domestic cup success with FK Bodø/Glimt, Belgium's Club Brugge KV (twice), Olympiacos CFP in Greece and now Heerenveen.

Read more: Heerenveen prevail in Dutch final shoot-out
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 25.05.2009 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moyes is reportedly targeting CFR Cluj striker Yssouf Kone to bolster his attacking options next season.

The £3million-rated striker is prepared to leave the Romanian league for a big club and is also attracting interest from Scottish giants Celtic.

The Ivorian-born Burkina Fasso forward has impressed for his club this season, with eight goals in 15 league games, and has welcomed the reported interest from Everton.

"I would love to go and play in a bigger league," he told Skysports.com.

"It is an ambition for any player, I believe in myself. I played in the Champions League for Rosenborg and Cluj and scored some goals.

"I want to be able to play in one of the biggest leagues. Everton? They are a great team and when they come for you, you have to listen. For me, if they really want me, I will ask my club to listen."

Read more: Moyes looks to leader Neville
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 18.08.2009 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexander Tettey will have to wait until next [this] week to make his French Ligue 1 debut for Rennes.

The 24-year-old has been left out of the team's trip to Nice on Sunday after missing the opening weekend last week at home to Boulogne.

"He could play," coach Frédéric Antonetti said on the club's website. "But with the medical unit it was decided to take all necessary precautions. He should be fit next week."

Read more: Injury halts Tettey French debut
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 27.08.2009 07:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stoor said:

"Things look pretty bad. I really want to leave but it is only a few days before the transfer window closes and the clubs that are interested haven't come to an agreement with Fulham.

"Fulham has put too high a price tag on me considering I haven't played for long. It is only a matter of a few days left, but things aren't that positive at the moment."

Read more: Stoor seeks Fulham move
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 15.09.2009 14:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the South African midfielder MacBeth Sibaya joined Rubin from Rosenborg in 2003, there was nothing to suggest he wouldn't just be another capricious bird of passage, there for a cheque and a couple of cameos before departing after a season or two complaining of how he'd been unable to settle in an alien culture, 450 miles east of Moscow. After all, he'd managed just one league start in his season in Norway after joining Rosenborg from Jomo Cosmos.

Sibaya, though, is still there, and enjoying himself immensely, even if he hints that it took him time to settle.

"I've been there seven years so everything is OK," he said.

"I'm used to the place. Kazan is a great city, not too big, has a small population [actually, a little over a million] and I like it very much there. I love it and the people love me over there."

Read more: MacBeth Sibaya sets scene for dramatic deeds with Rubin Kazan
Fireman451
Senior

PostPosted: 15.09.2009 16:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a cool story. We had a great young talent here at Chicago Fire back in 2001 & 2002 named Demani Ralph (Jamaican International) who was traded to Kazan and he loved it the first year or so, but then got injured and never recovered. Bad luck for a promising young talent.

It looks like Sibaya has settled in nicely over there, wish him the best.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 26.09.2009 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derby County Manager Nigel Clough has today increased the defensive options at his disposal by swooping to sign Swedish International defender Fredrik Stoor.

The 25-year-old right-back has joined the Rams on loan from Premier League Fulham for an initial month, taking him up to and including the home game with Queens Park Rangers on Saturday 24 October.

Read more: RAMS SIGN SWEDEN INTERNATIONAL
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 10.10.2009 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fredrik Stoor says it is too early for Derby County's fans to see what he can show at right-back.

The 25-year-old defender, on loan for a month from Fulham, was outstanding on his Pride Park debut a week ago as the Rams beat Sheffield Wednesday 3-0.

Stoor looks to be a good ballplaying full-back, but he says that it will take time for him to make a lasting impression.

Read more: STOOR HOPING FOR GOOD SHOW
Gabrielsings
Junior

PostPosted: 19.10.2009 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Fredrik Stoor, I hope he can show his true game.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 21.10.2009 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stoor has not ruled out the idea of extending his time at Derby, but the right-back insists nothing has been agreed between the two clubs yet.

"We haven't talked about it. It could be that they loan me until New Year but in that case the clubs need to agree and I haven't spoken to Fulham. And then I have to agree, but I enjoy it here today."

Read more: Rams gets Stoor approval
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 27.10.2009 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Six hours before Barcelona met the Russian champions Rubin Kazan last week, I received a message from a friend. “I’m with someone who you’d like to meet,” he texted, “come for a coffee.”

The person was an international footballer with a career path as unusual as his name. Macbeth Sibaya is a South African midfielder with 53 caps to his credit and fully expects to play in the 2010 World Cup. Born in Durban, his professional career started in Hungary, before he played for two years with Jomo Cosmos in South Africa. He signed for Rubin in 2003 after a spell with Rosenborg in Norway and has since played more than 150 times for the Russian title winners.

In 2007, he was banned for three games by Uefa. As Rubin did not play in European competition, that ban only became effective this season. The third and final game was against Barcelona away. What should have been a career highlight was laced with frustration and rather than prepare for a game, he was instead having a coffee with a journalist.

Read more: Half of the battle is won in the mind
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 27.01.2010 15:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazio have completed the signing of Villarreal midfielder Sebastian Eguren on loan until the end of the season with a view to a permanent deal.

Read more: Lazio complete Eguren loan
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 04.02.2010 12:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stoor did have offers on the table during the recent window, but admits none of the propositions put to Fulham or himself were suitable.

He added: "Two things could not be resolved: a club willing to pay the price Fulham were asking, as they don't want to let me leave on a free, and my own demands.

"I can live with a lower salary but it should still be a contract that I am happy with. None of the teams could meet those two things."

Read more: Stoor stuck at Fulham
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 23.03.2010 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapara impressed [coach Vladimír] Weiss despite Slovakia's 1-0 friendly loss at home to Norway three weeks ago.

"He played well; he knows how to play football," explained the coach.

"He is able to lead the team, but the combination with Marek Hamšík in the midfield didn't work so well this time."

That is something Slovakia will look to improve as they prepare for their first World Cup finals appearance as an independent nation, while Sapara is bidding to show his best form with his new club.

"Some good players have come here like Darius Vassell, Jérôme Rothen and Geremi, and Roger Lemerre is the coach," he said.

"It is tough to get into the starting XI."

Read more: Sapara's scenic route to South Africa
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 25.04.2010 12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sibaya has made the most of the wealth of the Russian league, where salaries are la-vish and the standard of football much higher than most South Africans imagine.

(...)

He has also become a celebrated citizen of Kazan, an ancient Tartar city in the south of Russia. But he misses South Africa badly, and travels home to Durban whenever possible to visit his wife and children, who still live there.

"It's not an easy life here for a child. I wouldn't make my kids grow up in an apartment," he told the Sunday Times recently.

"People love me in Kazan, although the racism is quite bad. But coming from South Africa, I'm used to it. They just have a different approach here."

The World Cup is likely to be Sibaya's last international tournament.

Read more: Don't mess with MacBeth

Sibaya has been in Kazan's books since 2003 and has won two League titles in the last two seasons, but he feels it is time to move on.

"I think now it is time for change! The club is willing to give me two more years and we have been negotiating since towards the end of last year, but because I want to move on, it has created some tension between me and the club," he says.

Read more: Is Sibaya heading to the PSL?
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 29.05.2010 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macbeth Sibaya is quite relaxed for someone whose place in the final squad is under threat. That’s because the Rubin Kazan midfielder believes it won’t be the end of the world should Parreira decide to leave him out.

Sibaya believes that whatever the coach does will be in the country’s best interests.

Sibaya was one of Bafana’s star players during the 2002 Korea/Japan World Cup. His performance there led Norwegian side Rosenborg to sign him from Cosmos, before he joined Rubin Kazan. Sibaya has revealed he will leave Rubin Kazan when his contract expires in December.

Read more: These guys will be in final squad
Skotten
Rutinert

PostPosted: 06.06.2010 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see Riseth got a good applause at the end of today's game against KIL.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb