RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Anthony Annan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fireman451
Senior

PostPosted: 26.06.2010 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, two big mistakes defensively and Ghana took advantage. I actually thought as bad as the US started the match, we owned the second half and had our chances to win it in regulation.

The first goal given up was pure shit, a horrible give away by Clark and a weak effort by Tim Howard. The second Ghana goal was a world class shot off balance.

The US played from behind 3 of its 4 games and the nail-biting, majic finally ran out for my US team.

I will now look to support Uruguay to and Brazil in one bracket and Argentina in the other bracket. A Brazil-Argentina final would be awesome!
Macha
Veteran

PostPosted: 26.06.2010 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second Ghana-goal was not world-class, a shot just over Howard who should have taken that one.
Ballahl
Veteran

PostPosted: 26.06.2010 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the balance Gyan showed was world class. Smile

Sorry for you, btw.
Better luck next time, then with a more experienced team.

- Rune var forut for sin tid.
Macha
Veteran

PostPosted: 26.06.2010 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed Smile
Bakklandia
Legende

PostPosted: 27.06.2010 00:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

This US team wil achive great things in international football, I'm sure of it!
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 27.06.2010 21:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daily Monitor of Uganda:

Anthony Annan has been the best in the holding role in the entire tournament so far, and has no business playing for Rosenborg.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 28.06.2010 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Daily Telegraph:

Every football fan should enjoy Ghana's campaign as long Peter Drury's melodramatic histrionics of how a goal for Ghana is a goal for Africa are ignored. The modern game of rolling yellow tickers and YouTube means the average football fan knows too much about the 736 players gracing the world stage.

How refreshing it is to see 23-year-old Anthony Annan of Rosenborg, 20-year-old Andre Ayew of Arles-Avingnon and 24-year old Asamoah Gyan of Rennes star for a young team reminiscent of Roger Milla's Cameroon. A goal for Ghana is a goal for nostalgia.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 29.06.2010 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sports Illustrated:

He gets plenty of praise for the work he does for Ghana and, to a slightly lesser degree, Rosenborg too but, for whatever reason, the powers that be don't believe he can go to the next level. Or, more accurately, they don't believe in Annan enough to put up the kind of money required to move him from Norway (Rosenberg values him in the $7-million range). Not yet anyway.

The knock on Annan is that -- as one scout put it -- he's "one-dimensional". He's one-paced and at just 5-foot-9, doesn't dominate the middle of the park physically. He's an adequate passer who can keep the ball, but comes up short in terms of both the creativity to spot a pass and the technique to pull it off. And while he's gutsy, plays with gusto and reads the game well, he's not really going to progress.

Read more: Midfielder Annan is Ghana's key

Ghana's real strength, though, is probably the midfield, or at least the defensive aspect of the midfield. Anthony Annan sits very deep, operating almost as an auxiliary center back, and he will pick up a deep-lying forward should Bob Bradley opt not to start with two center forwards. Annan is an odd player, forever being linked with major European clubs, but seemingly doomed -- perhaps by his relative lack of height -- to play forever in Norway (although he is still only 23). He is, though, a disciplined and aggressive figure and, as Australia discovered, he has a pragmatic, cynical streak.

Read more: Ghana a hard team to open up

Genoa are interested in signing Ghana duo Anthony Annan and Kevin-Prince Boateng, according to publication La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Read more: Genoa target Portsmouth's Ghana star Kevin-Prince Boateng
Kurt Cobainer
Junior

PostPosted: 30.06.2010 15:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

We Love You .Very Happy
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 01.07.2010 23:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sun:

STEPPED into the midfield anchor role of crocked Michael Essien with great assurance. The £10m-rated Rosenborg star, 23, looks certain to clinch a move to one of Europe's big leagues.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 02.07.2010 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleacher Report:

Anthony Annan was the subject of mockery by European journalists when it was suggested he could replace Michael Essien on the Ghana team for the World Cup. The Rosenborg man has not replaced the Chelsea star, but instead has supplanted him with tireless defensive midfield coverage, which managed to stop Serbia and Germany. His incisive passing, superb sense of tempo and his tremendous work is inglorious. It almost goes unnoticed, but Annan has been a significant part of Ghana’s success.

Mid Day, India:

Another unexpected star for Ghana here has been their midfield anchorman Anthony Annan. The 24-year-old nephew of former UN Secretary General Kofi Annan, has more than filled the big boots of Ghana's injured superstar Michael Essien.

Annan, who plays for Norwegian club Rosenborg, is a diminutive player but he has hardly put a foot wrong all tournament, once again demonstrating the power of the World Cup to throw unheralded talent into the limelight.

...Tony's father is Kofi's cousin, so "nephew" is incorrect.
Skotten
Rutinert

PostPosted: 02.07.2010 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annan doing great again, think he'll be sold after the WC. If Ghana reach the final, I guess all their players will be looked at.

The thing is though, should we get a good fee, how much will go to Stabaek?
Fireman451
Senior

PostPosted: 02.07.2010 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I don't think Annan has played a great WC to be honest. He's been very serviceable and played a good defensive role; however, he did give up a free kick that led to a goal in the group stage.

Don't get me wrong, he's not playing badly, just not special either. It's been a good cup for Annan.
Macha
Veteran

PostPosted: 02.07.2010 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe to the untrained eye..

Everyone has seen that Annan is one of this WC's best DM and the biggest surprise. Even the norwegian media, who have hated annan several years due to his many fouls and unfair involvements, do now praise him.

Annan is the second biggest surprise during this WC, the biggest surprise came from u fireman with that last comment
Fireman451
Senior

PostPosted: 03.07.2010 00:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it seems we either have a big-time homer here . . . or a teenager. Hello Macha!!!

I can understand you looking at the world through RBK-colored glasses, but that's not my fault nor my burden. I said Annan played a good cup, that's a fair statement especially after the Australia game.

Additionally, I belong to everyone and I clearly see it differently. I love when people use universal language to make illogical statements - thank you Macha. Cool

Finally, tell Anthony hello for me when he gets back to Trondheim.
Ballahl
Veteran

PostPosted: 03.07.2010 02:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skotten wrote:
The thing is though, should we get a good fee, how much will go to Stabaek?

Annan was (only) on loan from "Start" to Stabaek, so Stabaek won't get anything.

Macha
Veteran

PostPosted: 03.07.2010 02:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not hard to understand why europeans think of americans as uncivilized.

When I wrote everyone I thought u would understand that I meant the overwhelming majority. No need to get unfriendly.

Look, I won't bother too much with this, but if u would please just visit the norwegian-version of the Anthony Annan-thread, and then just click on all of the links to newspapers there, u get my point.

Stating that Annan has not been special in this WC is not only wrong. It's insane! I mean come on, have you even looked at him in the championship? Every media from India! to our swedish neighbours and in the USA have been in awe of his skills. Again I referr to countless articles and forum-discussions. Go to the norwegian version of this thread and you'll find it.

I understand that you have a hard time dealing with the fact that Annan and Ghana made you go out of the cup, but claiming Annan's perfomance is not special, but average... well, that's a statement wich everyone
except you think of as ridicolous.

btw, love the way your irony just flows in your last comment.. classy Cool
Fireman451
Senior

PostPosted: 03.07.2010 06:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I'll play along Macha . . . I like games!

Did the USNT/Ghana match affect my opinion? Well, let's all check what I wrote just today about the Ghana/Uruguay match right here in the RBK English Forums shall we?

Fireman451 wrote:
Great goal for Ghana in extra time against Uruguay.

Come on Ghana!!!

Oh, and this one too.

Fireman451 wrote:
Uruguay has played better than Ghana in the second half and should've won it a couple times.

Ghana needs to do what they did against the USNT and use this small break to regroup and regain their composure.

Yeah, it's pretty clear that my judgment has been negatively affected by the USNT loss. Wait, was that me cheering for Ghana?!

Maybe it's the American in me . . . but I honestly don't give a damn about what's being written by biased fans over the internet or about articles from soccer hotbeds like India. Maybe when India can actually qualify for a WC and maybe if those biased fans in the Norge forums have their own country return to the WC is when I'll start caring.

Until then . . .

You get that Macha? It's not actually irony you read in this post or my previous one. . . it's called sarcasm.

Since we're friends now, I won't even charge you for the English lesson.

Cheers!

RBK
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 04.07.2010 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nelson Mandela was introduced to members of the Black Stars football team and their manager, coach and technical team at his house in Houghton this afternoon:

Read more: Nelson Mandela meets the Black Stars

Annan in background. Bigger version at fifa.com.
Skotten
Rutinert

PostPosted: 04.07.2010 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Annan was (only) on loan from "Start" to Stabaek, so Stabaek won't get anything.

So I guess if anyone were due money it would be Start. I suppose regardless, I disagree with Fireman and would suggest his price has been enlarged as a result of the WC.
Macha
Veteran

PostPosted: 04.07.2010 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, fireman, one could still be angry for getting cut out by Ghana, but praise their play.

Yes, India, nor Norway is a great football-nation, but the fact that he is noticed so far away, is quite remarkable. That was my point! England went out at the same round as u, but in England they praise Annan too...

As to the sarcasm/irony, I concurr.

Games?

I am just as biased in the Annan-matter as any other human that has watched the WC, except u offcourse...

And I must say, putting in that "give-a-dam-processing" thing was really mature, where did u learn that, elementary school?
Fireman451
Senior

PostPosted: 04.07.2010 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad we have some common ground Macha.

I'm happy to see you liked the *.gif image. Truth is the internet wasn't around when I was in elementary school; however, I see "maturity" is a big issue with you so I won't push your buttons anymore.

I'll go ahead and enact a cease and desist order on ruffling your feathers further . . . it's also a good way to avoid reading your terrible spelling.

Cool

Annan is a very good DM and I can't wait to see him back in a RBK jersey.

Vamos blanco y negro!!!
Ballahl
Veteran

PostPosted: 05.07.2010 00:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skotten wrote:
So I guess if anyone were due money it would be Start.

Yes, that's correct. Smile
And it's said that "Start" will get as much as 20% of the total fee..

Macha
Veteran

PostPosted: 05.07.2010 01:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing well enough on the spelling, you clearly understand what I'm writing, but why don't you just point out the flaws for me? Always nice to correct it.

I'm sure you write norwegian like a norwegian does Smile
Fireman451
Senior

PostPosted: 05.07.2010 05:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Norwegian is awful, pero hablo espanol. Puedo escribir y leer la idioma tambien.

Too bad that won't get me too far when I visit Trondheim.

Takk! Or is it, Takk du?

Anyhoo, Annan is a still a very solid player. I hope we can keep him but given the press he's getting in India, he may be on his way to a bigger Euro club for bigger bucks.

RBK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb