RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
SL Benfica - Rosenborg
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 12.12.2003 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that the Benfica fans are happy: They could meet Barcelona, Marseille, Parma...or Rosenborg.
rekarde
Junior

PostPosted: 12.12.2003 18:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

you had bad luck... benfica was one of the best teams of the unseaded...
rekarde
Junior

PostPosted: 12.12.2003 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssjovold wrote:
So we have a 50-50 shot at least

10 years ago i would laugh... today i won´t... Laughing
Freeme
Junior

PostPosted: 12.12.2003 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about you, which team would you choose?
Merete88
Junior

PostPosted: 12.12.2003 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

the match in norway is march 5. It's cold.[/quote]
We have warm shirts, glouves and so on... Laughing[/quote]

Rolling Eyes yeah, but we have great players... Laughing
Merete88
Junior

PostPosted: 12.12.2003 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

the match in norway is march 5. It's cold.[/quote]
We have warm shirts, glouves and so on... Laughing[/quote]

Rolling Eyes yeah, but we have great players... Laughing
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 12.12.2003 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merete88 wrote:
the match in norway is march 5. It's cold.

The match is played Wednesday March 3, not Friday 5!
BENFICA!!!!!
Junior

PostPosted: 12.12.2003 22:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wat is Rosenborg style of play? what is there ussual formation that they play with?

Benfica will win this imo. Simao,Tiago,Gomes,Mantorras (should be back by then), Luisao.

Wat are some big players in Rosenborg?
ssjovold
Proff

PostPosted: 12.12.2003 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just happy we didn't get Spartak Moskva. Anybody else is ok.
ssjovold
Proff

PostPosted: 12.12.2003 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbk plays 4-3-3 with lots of flank attacking and a powerful midstriker, a flat, zone-oriented backline. We keep the ball on the ground (unlike the national team, which plays longballs), but we play it fast and forward in a counter-attack style. The star of the team is on the bench; our coach and our fundamentals. There is no one player (except our goalie) that shines. However; there are few teams out there with a more structured and agressive attack formation. Everybody works hard defensively, even the strikers, and we look for and recognize the counter attack situations.
BENFICA!!!!!
Junior

PostPosted: 12.12.2003 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case your interested here's Benfica's style of play.

Our formation is usually 4-2-2-1-1 With 2 def mids 2 wingers and one attacking midfielder.

Benfica's weakest spot is there defence but Benfica is definitely improving there D and it has gotten a lot better. We got Luisao a Brazilian internationl he's only 22 and is it is believed that he will become one of the best center def in the world and it already looks like that Real Madrid wanted him but he came to Benfica.

Benfica are also getting a few more defenders in the winter transfer market. Fissas from Panathinaikos is coming in during the winter break and we are looking for more defenders so u can bet that our weakest spot is improving.

We have a lot of great young players that play for the Portugal national team.

Simao, Nuno Gomes, Tiago i say will cause your team the most trouble.
ssjovold
Proff

PostPosted: 12.12.2003 23:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

so a lot of ball rolling from side to side in the midfield. Will suit us very well!
m@ds
Senior

PostPosted: 12.12.2003 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't these supporters who go along and try to scare us away from their stadium just annoy you horribly, quite frankly, it's getting really tiring! It's great that you guys have a nice stadium and a great athmosphere, but why should we not come to Portugal? Any portuguese are always welcome here, and always has. I can't think of anytime supporters of a foreign team ever had trouble with norwegians.

Good luck, personally I predict an equal game with Benfica winning 2-1 in Portugal, but when we get to Trondheim, Rosenborg will win 2-0 and control the game on most parts!
BENFICA!!!!!
Junior

PostPosted: 13.12.2003 01:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssjovold wrote:
so a lot of ball rolling from side to side in the midfield. Will suit us very well!

How does that suit u?

Simao on the left will deek all of your defenders pass it to nuno gomes and it's in.

Our def mids Petit and Tiago will slow u guys down a lot especially Petit. Tiago can defend and attack very well. One of the great young Portuguese players recently.
rekarde
Junior

PostPosted: 13.12.2003 01:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am proud of our home, is just it... i wasn´t trying to scare anyone Laughing
i also think that you should came to portugal and you will be well received. I´m sure that you gonna like it.
The stadio is very big and it will be not full for the game for sure. Wink By the way, the stadium is very new, it was opened at 25 October. A new and modern stadium for the final of euro2004. Smile
ssjovold
Proff

PostPosted: 13.12.2003 06:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbk is very well organized in defense, and ball rolling that slows down the attack means that our entire team has time to get behind the ball and set our formations. which will be exceptionally hard to penetrate. Also;a ball rolling with a high pressure will make our counter-attacks even more dangerous. That's how we won against belgrade; they had most of the posession, but weren't able to penetrate our defense, and we got a goal on a surgicly executed counter-attack

That's why ball-rolling will suit us quite well. An english or even french team with a more direct style will be harder for us.

But the brazilian-style explosiveness that comes with the ball rolling is also something we fear, because it allows individual players to shine (like zahovic, which is the only player the norwegian, zone-defense playing national team, has man-marked in a match the last 5 years, using the retired rbk captain, Bent Skammelsrud, I believe)
Calvermelho
Junior

PostPosted: 13.12.2003 07:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings "Rosonborg..-istas?".... from myself and us Benfiquistas Cool

I think this was a very good draw for us, considering we could have been pitted in a European supermatch against like Valencia or Barca. Anyways, if you guys are not at least 4x the skill as Molde, we'll thrash you.. because Molde really sucked. Also if we have our full healthy squad, I think we'll go through...

Oh yeah, Mantorras "the African Pele" should be fit to play these matches.

Cheers fellow Norwegians, may the better team win Razz
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 13.12.2003 10:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvermelho wrote:
I think this was a very good draw for us, considering we could have been pitted in a European supermatch against like Valencia or Barca.

I really understand that.

I think we're pretty satisfied too: I named it a "great draw" in an earlier post, because I think it's great to meet a big European club like you. It was also good to not meet any Turkish or French clubs (we got some very bad statistics against the French).

Nevertheless, we certainly could have met clubs like Groclin Grodzinsk, Debrecen and Dnjepr Dnjepropetrovsk. That would be a very good draw for us.

Calvermelho wrote:
Anyways, if you guys are not at least 4x the skill as Molde, we'll thrash you.. because Molde really sucked.

He-he, usually we is much stronger than our archrival Molde, but in a friendly game before the return match against Red Star in the UEFA Cup, we actually lost 2-3 against Molde. Evil That was our first lost against them in many years. You Benfica fans can just start to celebrate two wins against us! :P

...or maybe not!? :wink:

As you probably know, it is winter break in Norwegian football in the moment. After christmas we will just play some pre-season friendly games, before the game in Lisbon 26 February. Therefore every Rosenborg fan now really look forward to the two games against Benfica.

PS! Great to see many serious away fans in the forum. Usually the opponent's fans just write things like "We will thrash you", "Rosenborg ha-ha" etc.
duttend
Proff

PostPosted: 13.12.2003 23:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

2mas wrote:
Calvermelho wrote:
Anyways, if you guys are not at least 4x the skill as Molde, we'll thrash you.. because Molde really sucked.

He-he, usually we is much stronger than our archrival Molde, but in a friendly game before the return match against Red Star in the UEFA Cup, we actually lost 2-3 against Molde. Evil

Well, didn't we have 7 or 8 players out for that match? Anyways that was a friendly, and we've beaten Molde in both of the 2 top division games this year with 5 - 0 on home pitch and 2 - 0 on away pitch with one player getting a red card(Karadas), which was a wrong dicision by the referee. That's better than what Benfica did and on Molde's pitch, Molde had more chances than Benfica actually, and I think they were lucky to win 2 - 0.

I think it will be good for Rosenborg playing in Spain before the match(La Manga cup), so that we're prepered for the conditions in Portugal. I say it will be very tough and if we can prevent Benfica to score too many goals in Lisboa and score a goal or two I think we're pretty much through, coz I dont see Benfica getting any points at Lerkendal. Twisted Evil

My predictions:
Benfica - Rosenborg 2 - 1
Rosenborg - Benfica 2 - 0

Last edited by duttend on 13.12.2003 23:46; edited 1 time in total
duttend
Proff

PostPosted: 13.12.2003 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, we ARE 4 times better than Molde. Molde struggled against relegation last year(unfortunly, they didn't get relegated Sad Wink ) and had to pull off a victory in the last round to settle the place in the "Tippeliga". While we won the league confortable, with 14 points to go to the second placed team: Bodø/Glimt. We also won the cup this year, Against... Guess who? Right, Bodø/Glimt. Very Happy
Calvermelho
Junior

PostPosted: 14.12.2003 07:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

duttend:

First off, when Benfica played Molde in Norway, Molde had one official scoring chance. Saying that they had more chances than us is just sheer ignorance. They didn't attack, they didn't even touch the ball. They were one of the worst teams I have EVER seen play against Benfica.

Also, this is the team we played against Molde:

-------------------Moreira------------------
Miguel-----Argel--------Helder-----Rocha
---------------Tiago-----Aguiar------------
Pereira----------Zahovic-----------Simão
------------------Sokota--------------------

This is the team we will likely play against you:

-------------------Moreira-------------------
------------Luisão--------Rocha------------
Miguel--------------------------------Fyssas
---------------Tiago-----Petit----------------
Geovanni-----------------------------Simão
------------------Mantorras-----------------
----------------Nuno Gomes----------------

*For your information, every player in that formation has international profile for teams such as Portugal, Brazil, Angola and Greece.

If that team would have played Molde, I reckon their might have been some Barca x Puchov going down. I'm not trying to scare or convince you or anything, I'm just saying that a nearly second string team was playing. Also reports are saying reinforcements will arrive in the winter. Cleber, Jardel, Hugo Viana... just rumours though!
Calvermelho
Junior

PostPosted: 14.12.2003 08:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

2mas wrote:
PS! Great to see many serious away fans in the forum. Usually the opponent's fans just write things like "We will thrash you", "Rosenborg ha-ha" etc.

Yeah, thanks. Us Benfiquistas aren't really the ones to go around spamming talking smack. We respect all of our opponents, from the fans to players to the board of directors.

I also think this has to do with Benfica's abnormal years from around 1995 to last season. We suffered so much, our direction was corrupt, and was taking money for themselves. Our team consisted of overrated foreigners that had big names, but did not live up to them on the field. We have not won a Liga title in 9 years mostly due to this, and before last year, we finished 6th and 4th in our league, which is a disgrace for a club with Benfica's stature. However last season, we made some good signings and brought in young Portuguese and other players, that play with lots of "Força". However our coach ran us into a ditch early last season, and he was fired after we lost to a THIRD DIVISION side 1-0 in the Portuguese Cup (although it was the oddest game I've ever seen). After that, we signed former Spain head coach Jose Antonio Camacho. The man became a God here, as he instantly made an impact and in one of his first games we walked into Sporting's home and dominated them, coming away with a 2-0 victory which was awesome. We then continued on, and kept on winning and winning, playing spectacular football. Honestly, I do believe that of we were in the Champions League or UEFA Cup we would have done MAJOR damage. The team was so strong, even without Mantorras (injury) who was considered our best player! Although we weren't Portuguese champions, I think we only had like 2 less points than Porto since Camacho came in charge, however nobody recognized this and hailed FC Porto.

This season started off very badly. We had so many injuries, it was unbelievable (and still is!). We fielded MANY bench players against Lazio, and we didn't even have a stadum to play in at that time, and like you know we were eliminated and are now in the UEFA Cup. So after some early bad season performances (notably our defence), we found consistency, and are now on a roll. We are unbeaten in 8 games and have remarkably outscored our opponents 18-3. Also we have not conceded a goal in four games with a goal differential of 10-0.

Anyways, sorry to bore the hell out of you, I just got on a roll and didn't realize how much I typed! Shocked Razz

Cheers!
RBKcanada
Senior

PostPosted: 14.12.2003 08:44    Post subject: No Worries! Reply with quote

Fellow RBK supporters no need to worry we are playing Benfica not Porto. Benfica will be more like Portugal's National Team! Expected to do well but like Portugal does all the time they FAIL! Rosenborg will win... maybe not in Lisbon but back in icy Trondheim, Benfica will fold and provide little fight

Benfica 1 RBK 1
RBK 3 Benfica 0
m@ds
Senior

PostPosted: 14.12.2003 11:30    Post subject: Re: No Worries! Reply with quote

RBKcanada wrote:
Rosenborg will win... maybe not in Lisbon but back in icy Trondheim, Benfica will fold and provide little fight

Uhm... I don't really think that Trondheim is icy at all! hehe.. PS. If you thought we kept polarbears as pets, you were wrong. We don't have one polar bear on the mainland, they only are at Svalbard!! Razz hehe..
duttend
Proff

PostPosted: 14.12.2003 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvermelho wrote:
duttend:

First off, when Benfica played Molde in Norway, Molde had one official scoring chance. Saying that they had more chances than us is just sheer ignorance. They didn't attack, they didn't even touch the ball. They were one of the worst teams I have EVER seen play against Benfica.

I know you almost had a B-team against Molde, but still, Molde had alot more than 1 chance. I saw clips of the match and I cud count atleast 5. Molde was almost relegated in the Norwegian league, so I dont think its a big achivement to beat them. But I don't think we can measure the power of the teams with the results against Molde, we just have to wait for the match and see! Wink
Anyways, if you've got a huge injury problem this early in the season I doubt you'll have all your players ready for the matches in the UEFA cup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb