RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
European Club Association

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 15.01.2008 22:24    Post subject: European Club Association Reply with quote

European Club Forum will be replaced by European Club Association (ECA).

Quote:
At a meeting of the European Club Forum on 21 January, UEFA will propose to the European clubs the intention to create a new body that will represent their interests at European level. This new club body – to be known as the European Club Association – will consist of more than 100 clubs across Europe, including representatives from each one of the 53 national associations of UEFA. The new body will be independent but recognised by UEFA through the above-mentioned memorandum of understanding.

Read more: Historic football agreement in Zurich

RBK and Viking are the Norwegian members in the moment, and I guess UEFA keep the present system:

Quote:
The number of clubs per country is established on the basis of the ranking position of the member associations according to the following principle:
• associations ranked from first to third have five clubs represented,
• associations ranked between fourth and sixth have four clubs represented,
• associations ranked between seventh and fifteenth have three clubs represented,
• associations ranked between sixteenth and twenty-sixth have two clubs represented,
• and associations ranked between twenty-seventh and fifty-second have one club represented.

European Club Forum 2006-2009

FC Barcelona, ESP
Real Madrid CF, ESP
Valencia CF, ESP
Villarreal CF, ESP
RC Deportivo La Coruña, ESP
Liverpool FC, ENG
Arsenal FC, ENG
Manchester United FC, ENG
Chelsea FC, ENG
Newcastle United FC, ENG
AC Milan, ITA
FC Internazionale, ITA
Juventus, ITA
AS Roma, ITA
Parma FC, ITA
Olympique Lyonnais, FRA
AS Monaco FC, FRA
LOSC Lille Métropole, FRA
AJ Auxerre, FRA
FC Bayern München, GER
FC Schalke 04, GER
VfB Stuttgart, GER
Bayer 04 Leverkusen, GER
FC Porto, POR
Sporting Clube de Portugal, POR
SL Benfica, POR
Boavista FC, POR
PSV Eindhoven, NED
AFC Ajax, NED
Feyenoord, NED
Panathinaikos FC, GRE
Olympiacos CFP , GRE
AEK Athens FC, GRE
Club Brugge KV, BEL
RSC Anderlecht, BEL
R. Standard de Liège, BEL
Celtic FC, SCO
Rangers FC, SCO
Heart of Midlothian FC, SCO
Besiktas JK, TUR
Galatasaray SK, TUR
Fenerbahçe SK, TUR
AC Sparta Praha, CZE
SK Slavia Praha, CZE
FC Slovan Liberec, CZE
PFC CSKA Moskva, RUS
FC Lokomotiv Moskva, RUS
FC Zenit St. Petersburg, RUS
FK Austria Wien, AUT
Grazer AK, AUT
SK Rapid Wien, AUT
FC Dynamo Kyiv, UKR
FC Shakhtar Donetsk, UKR
FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk, UKR
Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC, ISR
Maccabi Haifa FC, ISR
FK Partizan, SCG
FK Crvena Zvezda, SCG
Wisla Kraków, POL
Legia Warszawa, POL
FC Basel 1893, SUI
Grasshopper-Club, SUI
Rosenborg BK, NOR
Viking FK, NOR
PFC Levski Sofia, BUL
PFC Litex Lovech, BUL
NK Dinamo Zagreb, CRO
NK Varteks, CRO
Brøndby IF, DEN
FC København, DEN
Debreceni VSC, HUN
MTK Hungária FC, HUN
FC Steaua Bucuresti, ROM
AFC Rapid Bucuresti, ROU
Helsingborgs IF, SWE
Djurgårdens IF FF, SWE
FC Artmedia, SVK
NK Domžale, SVN
APOEL FC, CYP
NK Željeznicar, BIH
FK Ventspils, LVA
Myllykosken Pallo-47, FIN
CSF Zimbru Chisinau, MDA
FC Dinamo Tbilisi, GEO
FK Ekranas, LTU
FH Hafnarfjördur, ISL
FK Vardar, MKD
Shelbourne FC, IRL
FC Shakhtyor Soligorsk, BLR
FC Vaduz, LIE
FC Pyunik, ARM
Birkirkara FC, MLT
KS Elbasani, ALB
FC TVMK Tallinn, EST
Linfield FC, NIR
The New Saints FC, WAL
F91 Dudelange, LUX
FK Baku, AZE
B36 Tórshavn, FRO
FK Aktobe, KAZ
FC Rànger’s, AND
S.S. Murata, SMR
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 16.01.2008 13:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some strange names there. Deportivo and Newcastle for example have slipped away badly, Shelbourne FC isn't even in Ireland's top division anymore. Also I am surprised to see Viking as nr 2 team from Norway instead of Brann or Valerenga.

In theory the new project does sound promising though. I have the impression UEFA is heading in the right direction since Platini took over. I am not sure if he has anything to do with this new association of clubs, but things are changing for the better step by step Tommel'n opp!

Engelsk
Proff

PostPosted: 16.01.2008 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Gerrit. Viking as Norway's second representative?
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 16.01.2008 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were the second best Norwegian club on the UEFA team ranking in 2006. Idea

To me it by the way seems like the national associations are free to pick their own participants. NFF seemingly used the team ranking, while the Swedes picked Helsingborg together with Djurgården even Halmstad were ranked in front of Helsingborg.
Engelsk
Proff

PostPosted: 16.01.2008 20:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

2006? Why are they not using the 2008, or at least the 2007 lists?
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 16.01.2008 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't want to change the members all the time; meetings just twice a year. Right now we're midway through the 20006-09 period.
Engelsk
Proff

PostPosted: 16.01.2008 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, OK. Fair enough.
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 19.01.2008 00:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is weird though to see second-division teams like Shelbourne and almost-second-division teams like Deportivo in the list. Well, as long as we're in the club I won't complain RBK

I think it is another big step forward. The G14 was an elitist thing representing only the happy few rich and success clubs, with the only purpose of further establishing their power. The new organisation is not perfect but at least every country has a vote, and clubs from Luxembourg and San Marino are having the same status as clubs like AC Milan and Bayern Munich. Big step forward!

I must say UEFA is heading in the right direction with Platini. It was a question mark if he just made those reform promises to get the votes from the smaller countries' FAs, but it seems he really has the intention to stick to his promises. Reforming European football takes time of course, but I have the impression that step by step he is trying to realise his plans. He anyway showed more good intentions already than Johansson did in 10 years. The CL qualifiers reforms were a first step in the right direction, and this new organisation replacing G14 is another good step. I think for now we have to say Platini deserves a lot of credit for his work.

2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 19.01.2008 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Platini has been a positive surprise!

Johansson claimed he worked on behalf of the smaller countries, but never helped us. Platini makes his words come true.
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 19.01.2008 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johansson and Bletter = Twisted Evil

They are no football fans, they are businessmen. Their constant aid to the rich clubs was ruining football. If it depended on Johansson, the nr 10 of England would play Champions League sooner than the actual champions of Iceland or Finland... It was a good move to appoint Platini who has been a player himself and knows what football is all about and what football fans care for. You can clearly see Platini approaches the game in a totally different way. Of course completely restructuring football in Europe does not happen overnight, but I hope we will see the original European cups format again with only 1 club per country in the Champions League, and with a Cup Winners' Cup. It may be too much to ask but on the other hand I think if there is anyone out there who can do it, it may very well be Platini.

Engelsk
Proff

PostPosted: 21.01.2008 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerrit wrote:
It is weird though to see second-division teams like Shelbourne and almost-second-division teams like Deportivo in the list.

Exactly Neutral
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 27.01.2008 19:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I follow the Irish league of course since I lived there for 3 years. Shels won 3 out of 4 titles between 2003 and 2006. They also had a very good run in Europe. The relegation came not because of bad results (they won the league prior to relegation) but because of growing debts. So the FA of Ireland relegated them because of financial troubles. Shelbourne won the championship of Ireland and one month later was relegated because of debts.

Would it have been the first ever time in history that a club was crowned champions of their country and then was sent back to second division immediately afterwards?

(PS: Shels also did not play in the Champions League qualifiers even though they had won the league. But the debts were so big that they were not only relegated but also denied a license to play in Europe. They also did not protest against the decision, because they figured a team playing in second division could not properly represent Ireland in Europe)

By the way, when I lived in Dublin I went to a lot of Shelbourne games. What happened is quite sad really. Shelbourne won trophy after trophy but the club wanted too much and started paying player salaries they could not afford. The supporters did not know what was going on, so when the story about the debts came in the press, it was a shock to anyone. Now they're in second division and there isn't even enough money left to do small works on the stadium. That is how bad the situation is. There was no light in the toilets for several months, and even buying a new light bulb was considered too expensive given the situation of the club. Several players were not paid at all and played for the team purely to help the club survive so that they wouldn't need to search players that would ask money.

2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 07.07.2008 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skutle elected for the board - congratulations!
Green Apes
Proff

PostPosted: 08.07.2008 21:40    Post subject: Re: European Club Association Reply with quote

Hapoel Tel-Aviv FC, ISR
Maccabi Haifa FC, ISR

Not going to stay there too long tho Razz

mrstpatsfc
Senior

PostPosted: 16.07.2008 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah now what happened shels was a long time coming and well deserved gerrit
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 21.07.2008 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't deny that... The board badly messed up, guess we're lucky the club is still alive. Currently leading the first division though and on the way back to the Eircom Premier League Cool But with a bit less luck the club was dead and buried by now, hopefully the new board will never make the mistake again by spending ridiculous amounts of money like the previous board did.

mrstpatsfc
Senior

PostPosted: 23.07.2008 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

true shels are on their way back to the top but it wont be plain sailing with dundalk and waterford fighting hard.
bohs,who rosenborg beat years ago i mite add Very Happy are perhaps turning into the new shels with fenlon bringing in his former allies.
sick of joey ndo,hes outstayed his welcome.

pats v shels again next year Tommel'n opp!
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 23.07.2008 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Met quite a few Bohs supporters in Riga two weeks ago when we both played away matches in the Intertoto Cup. They were in good mood Saturday night, but we couldn't find them when we wanted to celebrate our 3-1 win at Ekranas the day after. Cool

(FK Riga won 1-0.)
mrstpatsfc
Senior

PostPosted: 23.07.2008 15:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah bohs didnt get the best of welcomes in riga from their latvian counterparts,this led to them spiting drogheda by not letting them use their training facilities for champions league.

was their a good atmosphere with them 2mas?we were in riga ourselves last thurs,beat jfk olimps 1nil in the uefa cup.any ideas as to the whereabouts of glenn atle larsen?i no he played for valerenga so he wouldnt be a rosenborg favourite but he is the 1st norwegian we have had on our books
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 24.07.2008 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrstpatsfc wrote:
true shels are on their way back to the top but it wont be plain sailing with dundalk and waterford fighting hard.
bohs,who rosenborg beat years ago i mite add Very Happy are perhaps turning into the new shels with fenlon bringing in his former allies.
sick of joey ndo,hes outstayed his welcome.

pats v shels again next year Tommel'n opp!

Fenlon is a great coach but not the most loyal guy it seems. Swapping to Bohs was the second time he leaves a club to a fierce rival and takes some players with him. But during his reign with Shels, some former Bohs players came to Tolka Park so I guess I better not complain too much Razz

I do think Shels is bound to return to the premier division but I don't expect to compete for Europe the first 2 or 3 years. Just surviving the first season after promotion would be good enough. It already would be nice to be back in the premier division without serious debts so shortly after the club nearly ceased to exist. I am not expecting Shels to compete for the trophies again soon, but at this point I am quite happy the club survived the disaster so I don't mind that it will take several years to be one of the better sides in the country again. To just exist feels fulfilling, to play in the premier division would be awesome even if it means finishing only 8th position or so.

2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 15.07.2009 13:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils Skutle joins UEFA's Club Competitions Committee Tommel'n opp!
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 13.09.2010 19:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils Skutle lost with around 10 votes on the annual meeting: Executive Board Elections
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb