RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RBK Canada

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenny
Junior

PostPosted: 06.05.2004 22:20    Post subject: RBK Canada Reply with quote

Greets all, i'm a englishman working in portugal and was searching the web for the history on benfica presidents ( some research) and bumped onto this site.

Firstly let me say that i'm disgusted by the insults that went on here, back and forth, both you and the rabbid portuguese fans should be ashamed of yourselves, but you mr RBK Canada, went a step further, you insulted not only their supporters, players but the entire race of people, you are either very young, ignorant or a racist, so pick one please. People like should keep your petty ignorant opinions to yourself and you ilk, i have only had pleasant encounters with norwegians and the same can be said for the portuguese that i have met and deal with, but you sir are an abomination, you fortunate this type of garbage was not posted on english football forums insulting the entire english race because you didnt like how the game went on the day........ someone better than me would have given you the lesson you need to learn.

I trust you are the exception to norwegians rather than the rule, and most norwegians will see your kind for what it is. pathetic

As for the Portuguese benfica fans that went over the top, remember one simple phrase, insults is the lowest form of wit, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves, its one thing to defend the honour of your team, quite another to insult the other team, learn the difference, lowering yourselves to that degree puts you into the same catagory as rbkcanada.

Seriously guys, everyone gets heated up when supporting their team, but remember you all supposed to be intelligent human beings behind your monitors, not some caged raging ape shouting profanities all around.

Lastly Well done Rosenborg, you guys will be back i'm sure, and the same to Benfica.

"Can't we all just get along"
RBKcanada
Senior

PostPosted: 07.05.2004 03:51    Post subject: Kenny? Reply with quote

Hello Kenny,

Can you please quote what I wrote and where I wrote it? I'm sorry I don't recall... It couldn't have been that bad seeing as I'm half Portuguese myself (my dad) and half Norwegian (my mother) so I really doubt I would have dissed the Portuguese that badly. Please get your facts straight next time.

All the best to you!
RBKcanada
Senior

PostPosted: 07.05.2004 03:56    Post subject: and again Reply with quote

Hi Kenny,

reread a few of my posts and don't see where you are coming from. sorry if I offended you but I was only following up on what I've seen watching years of Portuguese football.

take care!
RBKcanada
Senior

PostPosted: 07.05.2004 03:58    Post subject: one final note Reply with quote

Being an Englishman which makes you neither Portuguese nor Norwegian should preclude that you not partake in any conversation regarding both races.

cheers!
Kenny
Junior

PostPosted: 07.05.2004 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear RbkCanada,

I posted what i did as statement based on what i read and have no intention on debating the issues, i will however quote you, but it was more the culmination of all your messages and the final tone that set the scene, being of portuguese origin as you claim should have put you into a better position to have been the bridge of common sense, i sincerely hope you do see the error of your posts as it casts a bad light to any neutral observer such as myself, furthermore these are my opinions as i have seen far too often an entire nation being judged on the actions of a few far too often.

I have watched football for a great many years and every country has their style, i happen to enjoy the skillfull displays of portuguese, italian,french and italian football, being an english fan i am however biased to english football and enjoy seeing games based on pace and energy, but who am i to judge any other style ? i certainly won't make blanket references to attack an entire countrie's style, perhaps a team, but doing so with an objective mindset is the right way to go.

I must confess i was rather surprised by your messages, perhaps you do understand that you went over the top and are trully apologetic for it, if that is the case then i leave this message board in better spirits then when i first arrived here, hoping that in the future care will be taken not to add fuel to an already heated debate and degrading into a slugfest of insults.

quotes

"I know your type and the Portuguese all to well you see only one side of things" - here you attack the entire race

"I have watched a lot of Portuguese football in my life so what Moreira and the rest of the team was doing was not new to me as I sat there watching the match" - you not pulling any punches here either

"The diving the time wasting is all a part of their culture it starts at an early age and until divers and time wasters like Nuno Gomes and ex-Benfica Joao Pinto stop their tactics and worry about scoring then Portuguese football will continue to suffer both domestically and internationally" - here, tied into the first quote you insult the portuguese by saying that "play acting" is a culture thing.

I have watched enough european football to understand the every team have a different mentality and approach based on the coaching methods, having watched the last euro championships held in holland and belgium one can see clearly that portugal played some very attractive football with a very different style than you are suggesting, it was an attacking brand that enventually sunk england, a sad day for us but one when countries such as portugal gained a great many fans, this not only goes contrary to your statements but proves that coaching staff have a direct influence on what players do on any given day.

Finally living in portugal has been a very positive experience for me, not only is the climate superb but i find the portuguese to be warm and hospitable people, the same can be said for most countries i'm sure with no exception to norway, my next trip will probably take me to sweden at which point i will travel throughout the scandanavian countries where i'm sure i will find the same i have found in portugal and most other european countries.

PS My first post was aimed at both RBKcanada and the benfica fans that took to insults, i want it to be clear that you RBK was not the only guilty part here in my eyes, however i have made my post, its water under the bridge at this point, my message has been delivered.
RBKcanada
Senior

PostPosted: 07.05.2004 16:25    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

All your points were well taken. It was also nice to get an objective point of you. My comments may have been said in haste as I was a bit caught up in the uproar of the second match and I guess I was baited a bit by the Benfica fans. I admit Portuguese people are very nice and will give you the shirts off their backs. I will though not back down on the play acting comment as I guess I prefer a more direct style of play it appears at times that most Portuguese players who could be clear in on goal but then get nudged prefer to fall down as opposed to going for goal. This is very frustrating to watch! It is a part of their football culture.
haavarl
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 10.05.2004 08:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will back RBK Canada on the "culture" thingie. The Benfica supporters also confirmed this at their own forum - that portuguese football lately has had quite a touch of acting and lack of sportsmanship; possibly something shared with Brasil (and Portuguese football do of course have many Brasilians). The Porto players (semi finals vs Deportivo), ok, they didn't act that much, but there were definitely some foul play to be seen.

Still, I can only judge from those two Benfica games and the last Porto game. While it might not tell the whole truth, it gives hints of something smelly.
Gaute
Senior

PostPosted: 17.05.2004 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree on the culture thing with the acting - it wasn't for no reason Gomes (I think it was him) got a red card for exactly that - acting!
And after it was actually confirmed that Benfica wasted 15 min laying on the ground on Lerkendal (a newspaper checked, took the time), then you realize that's something out of the ordinary!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb