RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Alex Gersbach
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 31.01.2016 13:03    Post subject: Alex Gersbach Reply with quote

Sydney FC have confirmed rising star Alex Gersbach is headed to Europe with the defender set to join Norwegian club Rosenborg BK.

The Sky Blues issued a release on Sunday night confirming the Olyroo left back was leaving Moore Park to pursue his dream of playing in Europe.

The 18-year-old will depart on Monday and is expected to undergo a medical on Tuesday before signing for the Tippeligaen club for an undisclosed fee.

Read more: Sydney FC's Gersbach exits for Europe

"The chances I've been given at Sydney FC have undoubtedly helped me improve as a player and presented me with this wonderful opportunity which lies ahead. I am very grateful for that.

"I've had a great two years with an exceptional group of players and coaching and medical staff, and it has been an honour to represent this club and its fantastic supporters.

"I am hugely excited about the next stage in my career and i wish the club every success in the future. I will always be a Sydney FC supporter at heart."

Read more: Sydney FC Youngster Alex Gersbach Transfers To Europe

The deal is thought to have netted the Sky Blues a sizeable transfer fee, as well as a significant sell-on clause should he move to a bigger club in Europe. Although a significant blow to the club's championship aspirations this season, the deal ensures Sydney won't lose their most promising young player for nothing when his contract expires in June.

(...)

Gersbach was expected to make the move to Danish club Aarhus during this window, with a $500,000 fee speculated in some reports.

The fee agreed with the Norwegian club is much lower than that but Gersbach will head to Norway's Tippeligaen, a well-regarded league for the development of young players. It is noted for being somewhat more physical than other leagues in Scandinavia.

Read more: Sydney FC sell star left-back Alex Gersbach to Norwegian club

Alex is a left full back who joined Sydney FC’s Foxtel National Youth League squad in the 2014/15 season from the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS). He began his career playing junior football with the Miranda Magpies and the Sutherland Sharks at ages under 11 to under 14. From there he went to the New South Wales Institute of Sport (NSWIS) or a year where he worked under the eye of former Sydney FC Head Coach Ian Crook.

He spent two years at the AIS, won the Players’ Player of the Year in season 2013/14 and made his Hyundai A-League debut in round one of the 2014/15 season. Gersbach made a total of 21 Hyundai A-League apperances in his debut season and will be looking to impress again in season 2015/16.

Read more: Alex Gersbach

The transfer fee is said to be 300,000 AUD or 1.8M NOK.

Gersbach by the way replaced trialist Brad Smith at the U23 national team. Australia however failed at the AFC U23 Championship this January and did not qualify for the Olympics in Rio.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 02.02.2016 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Champions League football perhaps beckons for Gersbach after Rosenberg won the Norwegian league by 12 points and the Sutherland Sharks junior expects it will take some time to get used to his new life in Scandinavia.

“Yeah of course it will take a bit of time to adjust to life over there,” he said.

“The weather, the people, the language all those things like that. There is plenty of things to think about and it’s going to take a while to adjust but hopefully football will help me to do that as quickly as possible.

“They are a massive club, they are a big European club, I’ve done a fair bit of research and obviously I’ll get to know more about them once I get there and do my medical.

“But I’m really looking forward to it.”

Read more: Gersbach: I can't wait to get stuck in

He will be presented tomorrow.
RedshirtWilly
Junior

PostPosted: 03.02.2016 01:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has been one of the more impressive young kids in the A-League this season, albeit in a very boring team with a defensive mindset. Not many in Aus know the Scandanavian leagues that much so it's not clear how he'll go. Our success stories have played regularly for Club Brugge, Roda JC, Ingolstadt etc. so not top flight clubs but decent enough.

Really hope he does well for Rosenborg and hope you guys enjoy his contribution
Fusion
Veteran

PostPosted: 03.02.2016 01:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really excited for this kid. Think he'll do great stuff.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 03.02.2016 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first video interviews: RBK, NRK and Adressa.

Seems like a good lad. Well-spoken and polite, as we viking bastards are used to. If he delievers as good on the pitch as off, this will be great. Tommel'n opp!
Zorac
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 11.02.2016 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedshirtWilly wrote:
Not many in Aus know the Scandanavian leagues that much so it's not clear how he'll go.

Not much to build on, but my impression is that aussie players in general have done well at least in Norway. Stefanutto, Wehrman and especially Zane all made their mark in the norwegian Tippeliga.
Draghaug
Junior

PostPosted: 25.02.2016 10:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't it MFK who used Zane as a right winger- without too much success? Smile His career didn't really hit off before he moved to LSK, where they used him as a striker.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 26.02.2016 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

The feedback from coach Kare Hedley Ingebrigtsen has been positive for Gersbach, who has been given the freedom to make his trademark slalom runs forward and whip over his tantalising crosses.

“The style is the very similar to way most A-League teams play … a lot of emphasis on going forward and attacking teams, so it’s pretty familiar,” Gersbach said. “The aim is to be involved with the first team and hit the ground running when the season starts. I’d love to be involved, get some experience and make an immediate impact.

“The coach has said he’s really happy with how I’ve been going and he’s even more sure about me now that I’ve arrived and he just wants me to keep going, keep working hard and keep improving.”

Read more: Gersbach relishing Rosenborg challenge
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 10.03.2016 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time at the national team:

Postecoglou admitted he has made the effort to find a way to watch Gersbach in Rosenborg’s pre-season fixtures and has been impressed.

“Going to Rosenborg, he’s played a few friendly games and I’ve watched him,” Postecoglou said.

“He’s adjusting well to life there. I think he could be an exciting addition for us.

“He’s one we can fast-track and hopefully he blossoms for us.”

Gersbach is the latest player who could be trialled at left back, following the likes of Jason Davidson, Aziz Behich, James Meredith and Brad Smith.

Postecoglou openly admits he wants to create depth at left back, signifying the fact it is a problem position for Australia.

“I rate him very highly. He plays an area of the park where he need to create some more depth," he said.

“He’s a very talented young player. I thought for such a young guy who showed a great deal of maturity and composure at Sydney FC.”

Read more: New roo Gersbach eyes Rosenborg debut
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 11.03.2016 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

“I am grateful for the chance … I aim to make the most if it and not look back. Of course, I would love to make my debut. If not, it will be no dramas and a great experience either way.”

The Olyroos defender is embracing a career which has been fast tracked as the future becomes the present.

“Everything so far in my career has happened so quickly. I have been given opportunities and I have been lucky enough to do well and take them," he added.

“This is another one – but it doesn’t mean anything yet until I play and do well and I will be working hard to make sure that happens.

“I have won my spot and I think I deserve to be there ... I am going to be confident and do my thing while respecting all those around me.”

(...)

Gersbach has featured in a clutch Rosenborg's pre-season friendlies and will be competing with established left back Jorgen Skjelvik for a start when the season kicks off this weekend with an away clash against Odd.

“Hopefully I will get a few minutes; we’ll just wait and see. I am just here to train, keep focused and prove myself. The aim is to get a lot of minutes during the season.

“I want to continue and be a part of an other successful season for the club. It’s just like with the Socceroos … I'll have to take my chances when they come.”

Read more: Roos rookie Gersbach gunning to grab his big chance
SydneyFC Fan
Junior

PostPosted: 29.05.2016 05:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching the forums every so often to see how Alex Gersbach is going and its great to see him already get plenty of games for Rosenborg. It also seems like he did really well against Molde.

Hopefully I can watch some Rosenborg games from now on! Very Happy
Fusion
Veteran

PostPosted: 29.05.2016 05:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

We've been overwhelmed by Alex already! Great kid and a huge talent. Had a nice little assist against Molde yesterday too.

Don't think he'll stay here for very much longer if he keeps playing like he's done lately. (Unfortunately....)
SydneyFC Fan
Junior

PostPosted: 29.05.2016 08:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a huge talent, although from my memories of him at Sydney FC, he still had a lot of work to do on his defending. He has always been very good at attacking, but hopefully his defending is improving a lot at Rosenborg. I think he played as a left winger in his youth, which explains why his defending was not good for the first season at Sydney FC.

I think Alex should serve as a great example for young Australian players. When he left Sydney, some people said the Norwegian league is a poor league and he can play in a better league, but I think Norway (and similar leagues like Denmark) can be a place where the best young Australians should go to and prove themselves. We're not like Brazil or Spain so its never certain that any of our players will do well in Europe. Too many young Australian players leave after a good season in the A-League to go to England or Germany, but nearly all of them fail to even play more than a few games, so they go home a few years later and their career is never the same.

Alex has gone on a different path, though. He seems to be very smart and has good people advising his career.
Mustrum Ridcully
Legende

PostPosted: 29.05.2016 08:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully he´ll stay here for a couple of years and improve his game even more and then move on to a bigger league. Preferably for a hefty sum.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 01.06.2016 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

“It’s really good living with one of the other boys in the team and experiencing a lot of new things in a different country. I live in an apartment not far from the ground. The city of Trondheim, where we are, is relatively small, so there’s nothing too far away.”

(...)

“I’m in a bit of a battle for the left-back position. I’m not quite a regular in the starting XI at the moment, but I’ve been getting a bit of game-time recently and once we get back from the break I’ll be aiming to get into the starting XI on a regular basis.

“We don’t have any games in the whole of June, but we’re back to training in two weeks so I’ll have about a week off after the Socceroos game. I’m going to stay in Sydney during that time.

(...)

Gersbach was named in a Socceroo squad for the first time in March, for two World Cup qualifiers in Adelaide and Sydney. He wasn’t used in either game, but indications are that coach Ange Postecoglou is planning to use his entire squad across the two games against Greece.

Still, Gersbach isn’t taking anything for granted and said he was trying to make it impossible for Posteoglou to not pick him by performing strongly at training.

“We don’t have any indication at this stage of what the line-up for Saturday will be,” he said. “We trained today (Wednesday) and we’ve got training again on Thursday and Friday and everyone will be on their toes.

Read more: Gersbach living the dream

"You've got to adapt because it's a different game to the A-League. There's many things that are different and I've had to adapt my game a little bit and each time I play I've been more comfortable and the more game time I get, the better I feel."

Asked to explain the difference, Gersbach said the Tippeligaen – a league known for fusing physicality with technical ability – was "a bit more full-on".

"There's different styles you have to adapt to and the way we play over in Norway, it's a bit different to the way we played in Sydney," he said. "I've noticed in the Norwegian league it's very much end-to-end, and every time you get the ball, you're trying to score. I've got to be aware on the counter-attack and also going forward and getting used to how we attack."

Read more: New Socceroos left-back Alex Gersbach loving his Arctic adventure

"It takes time to accustom to that but each game I play and every time I get out on the field I feel more comfortable.

"When I get back after the break I'll be working really hard to get into the starting XI and try to cement a spot. Until I do that I won't be fully comfortable."

Read more: Ex-Sydney FC defender hoping for home Socceroos debut

"The highest point will be playing for the Socceroos. That's every kid's dream, and I'm no different," said 19-year-old Gersbach on Wednesday.

"It'll be great to make my debut this week for the Socceroos, but if not I'll keep working hard and make sure it happens."

Read more: Sydney Socceroos debut a Gersbach dream

Liverpool star Brad Smith has been Ange Postecoglou’s first-choice left-back for the last few games but Gersbach’s pace and excellent crossing for a teenager means there is genuine depth in that area.

“I love to get forward from deep and join the attack but I’ve been working on the defensive side of things as well,” Gersbach said.

“Hopefully I can improve that part of my game too which is important.”

Read more: Norway-based Gersbach's Sydney debut hopes
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 05.06.2016 12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a meteoric rise for Gersbach who moved from Sydney FC to Norwegian giants Rosenborg in January and has gradually become a first team player in the Tippeligaen. His first cap for Australia continued his impressive form where he created the assists for Matthew Leckie's 90th-minute winner and was unfortunate not to have another assist when Tim Cahill's goal was ruled out.

"It was a really good feeling and it was nice to contribute, come off the bench and make a difference," he said.

"It feels really special, obviously to represent my country, especially here in Sydney in front of my family and friends. Everything has happened so quickly since two years ago but I'm enjoying it."

Read more: Socceroo Alex Gersbach's dream debut against grandparents' home country
SydneyFC Fan
Junior

PostPosted: 07.06.2016 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gersbach had a great handful of minutes from the bench in Sydney on Saturday. He would've had two assists, but his corner for Cahill's disallowed goal just went out before it curled back in.

Tonight is a different story. He started the game, but our whole team has been a disaster and we're 2-0 down against Greece at half-time. It could have been more than that, too. He also wiped a Greek attacker out in a wild challenge and got a yellow card. He is still only 19 years old and I'm sure he'll learn very quickly regardless of whether he stays on for the second half.
Fusion
Veteran

PostPosted: 07.06.2016 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for your updates! Greatly appreciated RBK
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 08.06.2016 21:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

The teenager came off the bench and assisted Mathew Leckie as he scored the winner in Sydney last Saturday. It got better for the 19-year-old, making his starting debut in Melbourne on Tuesday night.

“It was disappointing we didn’t get the result, the performance wasn’t great as well, but it was a great feeling walking out in front of all the fans representing our country,” Gersbach said.

“It was a great feeling when I saw that I was starting, from that moment I was just really looking forward to it, after tonight I’m a bit disappointed to be honest, I’ll work hard and make sure there’s another chance.

“It’s crazy everything now for the last year has happened so quickly, I just have to take it in my stride and try and learn from things as well, I’ll be okay and try to keep on improving along the way.

“It was a really good experience being in camp with the boys, was there last time in March with the boys but I didn’t get to play, to get a bit of game time this time around was really special.”

Read more: Gersbach revelling in roo wonderland
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 10.06.2016 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Now I've come in and have a bit of game time, so I'm really happy about that.

"I'm just not as happy with how I played.

"Everyone has made me feel really welcome and a part of it, and I'm starting to understand how everything works and how we want to play.

"Obviously there are going to be ups and downs, and this was a bit of a down."

Read more: Gersbach hopes to bounce back from tough Socceroos debut
SydneyFC Fan
Junior

PostPosted: 18.06.2016 11:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I promise I will definitely post in this forum from now on.

How is Gersbach's playing style at Rosenborg? I have not seen him play for Rosenborg yet. Does he still attack a lot? Or is he more careful now (because he is playing in a better league)?
Bruttern
Proff

PostPosted: 18.06.2016 12:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

His still attacking Wink

Rosenborg is the best team in the league, and usually find themselves in the kind of situation you've seen Germany and Spain in during the European Championships; facing opponents that attempt to deny them space and that try to secure a draw or a 'lucky' win after effective counter-attacks. Only 3 or 4 clubs really try to attack and take advantage of Rosenborg's ambitious style.

The attacking wing-backs are part of the 'brand' in Rosenborg, and a key element in the attacking system. I guess you could say that Gersbach's attacking qualities is the reason why Rosenborg signed him in the first place.

Playing a 4-3-3 system, in attack I think the Rosenborg's opponents sometimes feel the style is more 2-3-5 Wink
SydneyFC Fan
Junior

PostPosted: 18.06.2016 12:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would reasonably expect Rosenborg to attack, as they are the biggest club in Norway, have won the most league championships and so on. Again it is good to know Gersbach picked a good club to go to that suits his style of play, instead of choosing somewhere like England where he may not have played many games.

At the moment, the Australian national team do not have the talent that they did when we went to the World Cup in 2006 (for example, one of our best players, Aaron Mooy, still plays in the A-League, which would never have happened in 2006). So it is not realistic for us to expect to have a lot of Australians being a star player in the top three or four leagues anymore. But in the last 10 years, we also made a lot of changes to the way we teach our kids how to play. I am hoping Gersbach is the first of many young players who benefit from the new structures we use. It will also help the A-League a lot.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 19.06.2016 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you refering to FFA Centre of Excellence, called Australian Institute of Sport when Gersbach was there?
SydneyFC Fan
Junior

PostPosted: 21.06.2016 12:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I'm referring to is not the Australian Institute of Sport (to cut a long story short, the FFA uses the AIS facilities but so do other sports) but a general shift in Australian football that began in the mid-2000s when the old Soccer Australia was disbanded and the FFA was formed. The FFA released a curriculum in an attempt to attempt to improve Australian football as a whole.

As one part of that, they started to put a lot more focus into small-sided games and smaller team sizes for the kids, up to about 12 years of age if my memory is right. Instead of having full teams (or close to full teams) of 6 year olds running after the ball all day and learning nothing, we have smaller team sizes, so kids get more time on the ball and have a much better chance to improve their skills, especially their technique.

Gersbach would have probably started playing weekend football at the same time as all of those changes started to happen. I guess in the next 5 to 10 years, we will start seeing how much of a difference it makes for us.

There are a number of kids that are said to be very promising but until I see them play regularly in (and preferably dominating) the A-League, it is hard to say what will happen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb