RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hi from Saint-Etienne :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
larsarus
Legende

PostPosted: 11.02.2016 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galcian wrote:
When it comes to Selnaes, we saw a very impressive pass acuracy, a good vision with a few brilliant forward passes and a good anticipation that allowed him nice interceptions. On the other hand, and maybe because of the opposition, he nearly walked all game and wasn't doing a great pressing, giving an impression of "taking it easy". But it might just be an impression given by his ability to pass and anticipate. No need to run when you can just intercept.

I watched the game for a while, and from what I saw, Selnæs was himself. What you saw is his style. He's not the one doing sprints to get the ball passed to him, he is the one passing the ball, and without much fuzz keeps himself in a position to get the ball passed his way if another midfielder or defender with the ball gets into trouble. When the other team is attacking, he'll be positioning himself, not running much before he gets directly involved himself. It might look a bit lazy, but his style works...
ellestin
Junior

PostPosted: 12.02.2016 06:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megafritz wrote:
I've seen 6 of your last 7 games (including the one on sunday) so I know roughly where you're at. The Bordeaux-game was fun, and you were really "on" in that game, but I cant really see any consistancy in your performances (excluding the cup game with reserves).

That is the (sad) truth of Ligue 1 as a whole, excluding PSG of course. French football has been marred for decades by its inbred tactical conservatism, perpetuated by a restrictive generation of coaches who hop from team to team and spead their putrid philosophy that winning a solid 1-0 is basically preferable to a fireworks of goals. Accordingly, since at least the 1998 World Cup title, youth development has been focused on big athletic players instead of skilled and creative ones, often deemed too whimsical and prone to deviate from the basic playing plans.

We do love coach Galtier and we see and rejoice that he is trying to break free from that mold, but it's not easy when 80% of other teams are still doing the all-defensive "iron curtain" thing, and sometimes, when the team is runnin bad, he tends to fall back on primitive strategies too, as a way to regain cohesiveness and "reassure" the executives with points.

I am thrilled by the promises born of the Bordeaux win, the performance of our recruits (Tannane looks like a great bargain too!), but remain cautious, as I know that the road is still long and treacherous.

Beric's injury was a (too?) harsh blow on the team, as his integration was swift and he showed the traits of a top player (for a team like ours that is). That broke our early season momentum, sort of. I'm sad that his season with us ended so soon, but in a twisted way I'm "grateful" for it, since otherwise we would never have set eyes on Alex, and probably not on Ole either Wink .
ellestin
Junior

PostPosted: 26.02.2016 23:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basel showed us in the exit in the most frustrating way possible after a courageous fight from the guys, but hell, did we have fun!

can't wait for next campaign, hopefully next year...
Flaav
Veteran

PostPosted: 19.03.2016 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you starting to get frustrated with Søderlund? I've noticed that he has played less and less and didn't score in quite a while. And how is Selnæs' developing so far?
ellestin
Junior

PostPosted: 31.03.2016 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Søderlund has been a bit of ghost in some fixtures, but in all fairness the team as a whole is a plodding bunch 8 out of 10 games this season, and it's difficult for him to make the most of the maybe 2-3 worthwhile balls he receives per game... Some people criticize his slowness but I think it's unfair when everyone knew in the first place that he wasn't born with a rocket in each leg. His partners need to feed his good passes, is all, I don't see how that couldn't happen.

I say with some deserved rest and a proper pre-season training, he'll be a good contender for Beric in the attack next year.

And the same goes for Selnæs. He has shown some nice skills as an anchor midfielder, especially with forward passes he seems to be able to find great passing angles that none other thinks of. But he needs to adapt to the Ligue 1 routine and definitely work a fair bit on his defense. He's played great in the second half against Qatar Saint-Germain in the cup game, where he was playing more like a number 8 and was able to stabilize the team higher afield and even try a couple breakthroughs in the penalty area. All in all he's not yet a first-choice starter in the coach's system, but I'm confident he'll grow into a key player next year.

Hope that helped Wink
haavarl
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 01.04.2016 08:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

More or less as expected, then.

Søderlund can be utter hopeless in many situations, and he's not a technically brilliant player. His forces are that he has a high capacity; he's very good at stressing the opponent defense. And he's quite good as "target player" - send the ball up in the field to him, and he can hold it and pass it to others, thus moving the game up.

But he'll miss so many easy shots ...

... and score on some difficult ones.

As for Selnæs, he has a very high technical capacity. A rare type of a central midfielder. Can grow to be outstanding. We're really looking forward to how he will do next season.
ellestin
Junior

PostPosted: 04.08.2016 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

haavarl wrote:
We're really looking forward to how he will do next season.

doing good so far Wink

True to what was said at the end of last season and Ole's "learning" period, the coach now trusts him to be our deep-field technical leader into the new season, and it looks like he might just be one of the big revelations in Ligue 1. Fingers crossed.

Alexander has been injured throughout the pre-season, so we haven't seen much of him so far.
Mustrum Ridcully
Legende

PostPosted: 04.08.2016 21:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did he do in todays match? Congrats on making it through to the next stage btw!
ellestin
Junior

PostPosted: 05.08.2016 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mustrum Ridcully wrote:
How did he do in todays match? Congrats on making it through to the next stage btw!

He is one of the main satisfaction of the double fixture against AEK. In the home game he played a little bit too far back on the field for my taste, but that was coach tactics mostly to cut the passing lines between their fast technical forwards. In Athens he was much more active in midfield.

He's able to move the game forward and has the skill to make every ball touch look easy. All he now lacks is more defensive impact. I have faith in him and the team this year, I'm sure we'll see better football than was the case for most of last season Rolling Eyes

See you guys in the group stage! (truth be told I'd rather have new teams, but RBK would be cool too! Razz )
ellestin
Junior

PostPosted: 23.08.2016 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our victory cry got a small revamp thanks to you guys

http://www.20minutes.fr/l...le-selnaes Very Happy
Fusion
Veteran

PostPosted: 23.08.2016 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

ellestin wrote:
Our victory cry got a small revamp thanks to you guys

http://www.20minutes.fr/l...le-selnaes Very Happy

Haha, amazing! Very Happy
kentosd
Rutinert

PostPosted: 23.08.2016 22:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

My condolences...

Innehaver av innlegg nummer 1 000 000 på rbkweb.
http://www.rbkweb.no/vis/13776

Si ifra når det trengs mer - www.facebook.com/forfylla
Knowrud
Veteran

PostPosted: 23.08.2016 22:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
robbie
Veteran

PostPosted: 23.08.2016 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody brilliant.
Brødsmula
Veteran

PostPosted: 24.08.2016 16:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
See you guys in the group stage! (truth be told I'd rather have new teams, but RBK would be cool too! Razz )

Agree, honestly I'm afraid Ole would completely destroy our current midfield.

Also the video Tommel'n opp! Tommel'n opp!
Lomaxx
Veteran

PostPosted: 24.08.2016 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to that video Ole has done his job. Now you can send him back home to Rosenborg

Ratatosk wrote:

Det hjelper lite å legge seg flat, dersom man ikke evner å reise seg. Da får man heller begynne med svømming!
Galcian
Junior

PostPosted: 21.09.2016 09:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys !

Here are some news of our beloved Norwegians !

Soderlund is doing what we expect from him. Now that we've got back our Slovenian stricker from its knee injury, he mainly plays as a substitute. However, he is doing it pretty honestly has he as gave an assist and scored a goal so far. Our coach is trying a 4-4-2 with both of them upfront when we need more offensive power at the end of matchs, and it is working pretty well.
In one word, not a genius, but does what he has to do, an average team player. We do see however, that with a proper break and a proper preparation, he as much more stamina & physical aptitude than last year.

A bit the same with Selanes regarding physical aptitude. He really is on another level on that topic. And he is now a regular starting player, maybe the most regular in the midfield. The coach changed it, replacing the older less technical players and made him his base man on the field.
At first, it bewildered us as he really is not like our other 6 (not very technical, but a bulldog on the ball) and we thaught he was lazy.
But with his instinct in placement, he picks up a very good number of ball, and moreover, he is bloody brillant when it comes to passes. His forward passes, my god, that's something. We haven't seen something like that in years.

Lomaxx wrote:
According to that video Ole has done his job. Now you can send him back home to Rosenborg

Some PL club tried to buy him ~10M€ this summer, the club refused as he is a very important player for the team now, both on the pitch and outside.

But maybe he'll come back, he really seems to love Rosenborg. We have the same hope with Aubameyang. Brillant player that loves the club and the we couldn't keep. Hope he'll come back at some point in his 30's.
ellestin
Junior

PostPosted: 10.11.2018 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you remember that dude Ole Selnaes?

Well he's good Smile

Like reeeeeaaaalllly good

A move to a top Premiere League side next year wouldn't surprise me
OrionPax
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 10.11.2018 22:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me, we miss him.

Every. Single. Game.
Kjello
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 10.11.2018 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

ellestin wrote:
do you remember that dude Ole Selnaes?

Well he's good Smile

Like reeeeeaaaalllly good

A move to a top Premiere League side next year wouldn't surprise me

I think you're joking. Obviously way to slow to play for better than top Scandinavian teams. I'm sure this cost you a lot of points. So we'll take him off your hands for free.
Montana
Veteran

PostPosted: 11.11.2018 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand we do have some top class players in todays team. Even Hovland is a beast in the center-back, I would compare him to Van Djik. We also have wonderkid Jonathan Levi who is like a young Ronaldo and Vegard Hedenstad on rightback who would simply dominate Ligue 1. We also have 2 powerhouse strikers in Bendtner and Soderlund.

Please be kind and dont buy any of the players mentioned above.
Bjarnes
Veteran

PostPosted: 11.11.2018 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Bendtner is like the Danish Zlatan, in his prime. Hopefully St. Etienne won't come in with a bid we can't afford to refuse, that'd be a great shame.
ellestin
Junior

PostPosted: 06.12.2018 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montana wrote:
On the other hand we do have some top class players in todays team. Even Hovland is a beast in the center-back, I would compare him to Van Djik. We also have wonderkid Jonathan Levi who is like a young Ronaldo and Vegard Hedenstad on rightback who would simply dominate Ligue 1. We also have 2 powerhouse strikers in Bendtner and Soderlund.

I'll be sure to mention those players to our scouting staff Very Happy Very Happy
haavarl
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 06.12.2018 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss Selnæs Sad - but happy to see him do well over at your place.
JohnTiger
Veteran

PostPosted: 06.12.2018 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

ellestin wrote:
Montana wrote:

I'll be sure to mention those players to our scouting staff Very Happy Very Happy

It's irony 👍😂😊 We just want them to leave 😊

Twitter : @JohnTiger67
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb