RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Kwarasey

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimberGuy
Junior

PostPosted: 18.07.2016 17:28    Post subject: Kwarasey Reply with quote

Hello from America! It looks like you will be getting our former starting goalkeeper. Strange how things work out, we thought he was our future but a finger injury gave our backup goalkeeper a chance to play and he played incredibly well so far. He also has much lower wages than Adam!

Kwarasey has helped us win the cup and was a good media and field presence so we will miss him.

Required viewing:
https://www.youtube.com/w...qL7LIu7qEI
http://www.mlssoccer.com/...-year/2015
Harceïde
Veteran

PostPosted: 18.07.2016 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a former Vålerenga and Strømsgodset-player (not to mention, he is Norwegian), so most of us are familiar with his goalkeeping abilities. He is brought in to cover up for Andre Hansen (our number one goalie) which is currently injured. So he may end up on the bench here as well when Hansen returns.

But thanks for the input, and good luck with your season! And please buy Christian Gytkjær. He is in many ways the Danish equivalent of Lionel Messi. Spread the word.
Pokie
Veteran

PostPosted: 18.07.2016 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum!

First of all, I Just have to put it out there: Your Tifo game is absolutely incredible. I also watched you guys in Vancouver last year, and the support was great, even though the MLS does not seem to allow too many away fans in the stadium.

Anyways. How would you describe his abilities as a goalie? And do you think he has improved as a goalie during his time at the timbers? I bet trying to stop Diego Valeri in training really makes you work Wink

- George Best
TimberGuy
Junior

PostPosted: 18.07.2016 18:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dew, with that beard Christian belongs in Portland! Our striker may be sold this winter so who knows what will happen. Our general manager has a tendency to sign players that are unknown in the US.

Pokie, I am glad that the Army was able to entertain. Though I can take no credit for the tifos as I don't live in Portland the organization certainly make it easy to be a proud member.

Adam's qualities...
Great: Distribution, reflexes, on field attitude
Good: Communication, aerial ability
Average: Penalty stopping, corners, 1v1, positioning in general

Positioning isn't bad but probably his weakest area. You can see sometimes he doesn't commit to one strategy when the defense gets sliced open.
See https://www.youtube.com/w...7ytUZpmKdk and https://www.youtube.com/w...&t=135

He was behind a strong defensive line for 2015 so wasn't terribly busy. 13 clean sheets, tied for best in the league and won save of the year thanks to his reflexes. That said he improved most on communicating with other players. You could see at the start that he wasn't always on the same page as the CBs but that improved immensely as the season went on. Maybe because he comes across as a reserved individual in general it takes time to warm up to his teammates. Though he had a rep as a locker room cancer with Ghana the opposite is true with Portland. In spite of the occasional boneheaded play he always stepped up when it counted and for that I will always be grateful.
robbie
Veteran

PostPosted: 18.07.2016 22:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimberGuy wrote:
Maybe because he comes across as a reserved individual in general it takes time to warm up to his teammates..

That shouldn't really be a problem, Norwegians are known to be quite reserved people. Just like Americans are known to struggle with sarcasm.

But, Christian Gytkjær is an absolute beast. Having teared the league to shreads at previous club Haugesund, he is now our very own Ronaldo. He shoots as hard as a horse kicks, and runs like a Tornado. He would set the MLS literally on fire.
Vegard2711
Legende

PostPosted: 19.07.2016 00:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hence why we're so eager to get rid of him. We gotta share such a talented player with the world Wink
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 02.09.2016 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghana goalkeeper Adam Kwarasey is expected to play his first game for Ghana since Brazil 2014 on Saturday when Ghana host Rwanda in a 2017 Afcon qualifier at the Accra Stadium.

Kwarasey who has joined the squad after missing the last game against Mozambique due to injury is tipped to start ahead of Razak Brimah.

Read more: Adam Kwarasey set to start ahead of Razak Brimah in Rwanda clash
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 02.01.2017 17:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Included in the squad for the African Cup of Nations:

Razak Braimah (Cordoba, Spain)
Adam Larsen Kwarasey (Rosenborg, Norway)
Richard Ofori (Wa All Stars, Ghana)

Harrison Afful (Columbus Crew, USA)
Andy Yiadom (Barnsley, England)
Baba Rahman (Schalke, Germany)
Frank Acheampong (Anderlecht, Belgium)
(John Boye (Sivasspor, Turkey)
Jonathan Mensah (Anzhi, Russia)
Daniel Amartey (Leicester City, England)
Edwin Gyimah (Orlando Pirates, South Africa)

Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu (Udinese, Italy)
Afriyie Acquah (Torino, Italy)
Thomas Partey (Atletico Madrid, Spain)
Mubarak Wakaso (Panathinaikos, Greece)
Christian Atsu (Newcastle, England)
Ebenezer Ofori (AIK Stockholm, Sweden)
Samuel Tetteh (Leifering, Austria)
Joseph Larweh Attamah (Istanbul, Turkey)

Asamoah Gyan (Al Ahli, UAE)
Jordan Ayew (Aston Villa, England)
Abdul-Majeed Waris (Lorient, France)
Andre Ayew (West Ham, England)
Ebenezer Assifuah (Sion, Switzerland)
Bernard Tekpetey (Schalke, Germany)
Rahpael Dwamena (Austria Lustenau, Austria)

Read more: Coach Avram Grant names 26-man squad

The squad will be reduced to 23 players, but I can't see any of the three goalkeepers being left out.

Ghana will play Uganda, Mali and Egypt 17, 20 og 25 January.

An open question whether Kwarasey will return to Trondheim after the tournament: Before christmas he visited Minnesota United, and he was not pleased with being benched in September.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 05.01.2017 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grant also handed a late-call up to Enyimba Stars goalkeeper Fatau Dauda to replace injured Adam Kwarasey.

Read more: Coach Avram Grant names final 23-man squad for AFCON

GHANASoccernet.com understands the Norway-born will have to go under the knife to solve the problem.

Read more: Adam Kwarasey must undergo surgery to fix back injury problems
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 06.01.2017 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghana goalkeeper Adam Larsen Kwarasey has denied reports he will undergo surgery for the injury that ruled him out of Ghana's AFCON participation in Gabon in January.

(...)

"It's a minor injury," he said."There is no surgery required; just treatment for lower back pains.

The former Portland Timbers goalie also explained why despite it being a minor injury, he still decided not to risk staying in camp.

"The reason I am not going [Gabon] is because I decided that it will not be fair to go if I am not sure I can contribute from day one. I was the one that said it's better to have three available goalkeepers for a tournament as difficult as the AFCON."

The 29-year-old however admitted that he "could be fit during the tournament or right before it starts."

Read more: Adam Kwarasey explains Ghana absence
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 10.01.2017 21:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Larsen Kwarasey has joined Danish side Brondby from Norway's Rosenborg.

The 29-year-old, who withdrew from Ghana's 2017 Africa Cup of Nations squad with a back injury, has signed a four-year deal until December 2020.

"We have signed a very experienced player who is keen to win," Brondby sports director Troels Bech told the club's website.

Read more: Ghana goalkeeper Adam Kwarasey joins Danish side Brondby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb