RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Group E
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RBKcanada
Senior

PostPosted: 26.08.2004 15:34    Post subject: Group E Reply with quote

Arsenal, Panathanaikos, PSV, Rosenborg

not bad for us at all!
TomH
Veteran

PostPosted: 26.08.2004 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed a very good draw! Two teams it should be possible to match, and maybe we can surprise Arsenal at home as well!
RBKcanada
Senior

PostPosted: 26.08.2004 19:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

no reason why we can't defeat both PAO and PSV and I think we could surprise Arsenal at home we can definately finish in the top 2 in this group.
Joker
Junior

PostPosted: 26.08.2004 23:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the PSV forum the general opinion is about the same as yours here, Arsenal the clear no 1 and then Rosenborg, PAO and PSV fighting for the 2nd place.
Generally a good draw with chances for everybody although I don't know a lot about PAO and your team seems the same as a couple of years ago.
Well good luck to you and hopefully we'll see al lot of you in Eindhoven!!
pinkerton
Junior

PostPosted: 26.08.2004 23:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joker wrote:
On the PSV forum the general opinion is about the same as yours here, Arsenal the clear no 1 and then Rosenborg, PAO and PSV fighting for the 2nd place.
Generally a good draw with chances for everybody although I don't know a lot about PAO and your team seems the same as a couple of years ago.
Well good luck to you and hopefully we'll see al lot of you in Eindhoven!!

Wow, a supporter of an opponent who knows how to behave himself AND writes in English. Haven't seen any of those in years. I agree with your sentiments; Arsenal will ace the group and the second place is up for grabs.

PS! Is there an English PSV-forum anywhere?
Joker
Junior

PostPosted: 27.08.2004 08:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all thanks for the compliments (I think), but you'll find that most of us here are pretty well behaved (apart from the occasional idiot) and we all think we can speak english.

To answer your question, yes there is an English PSV forum:

http://psv.netwerk.to/for...hp?forum=6

it's not very busy but hopefully that will change in the next couple of days/weeks.

PS.
Does anybody happen to know a PAO message board in English, Greek just doesn't make any sense to me
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 27.08.2004 13:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joker wrote:
Does anybody happen to know a PAO message board in English, Greek just doesn't make any sense to me

Soccercaffe.com is a nice football search engine. They seem to sort the links after relevance - the best sites on the top of the "results" page.

This seems to be the best Panathinaikos forums:

Arrow Panatha.gr
Arrow Green Web Fans
Arrow PAO CyBeR FANS

More links to group E fan sites here: Champions League - links

By the way, Joker: Are the PSV fan sites listed "best of the rest", or am I missing any good ones?
Ziggy
Junior

PostPosted: 28.08.2004 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://psv.netwerk.to/lin.../index.php
are about all of them. You can find pictures and movies by fans under the header "PSV Multimedia".
ssjovold
Proff

PostPosted: 28.08.2004 22:59    Post subject: dutch football Reply with quote

Norwegians have a great deal of respect for dutch football, some of the finest players in the game have been dutch (Van Basten, Gullit, Cruyff, Overmars, etc. etc. etc.) And we have great admiration for several of your coaches too (in fact, our former coach, Nils Arne, will gladly admit that he studied Ajax in the 70's/80's to form his football style)

I always route for the Netherlands in the european and world championships (except when they play Norway) and wouldn't have minded seing them win the big one.

Still; we do believe PSV Eindhoven is probably the weakest team in the group, and a team we should definitely beat at home and tie away to go on. But I also know you will be well prepared, and your coach is fantastic. (At some point discussed as a Noregian national team coach, although he probably wouldn't have fit in here)
espen
Junior

PostPosted: 30.08.2004 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Still; we do believe PSV Eindhoven is probably the weakest team in the group, and a team we should definitely beat at home and tie away to go on."

I most certainly don't share your thoughts about PSV.
They are favourites to become #2 in the group behind Arsenal.

Paok and Rosenborg will most likely be 3 and 4.

I know Rosenborg can surprise in this tounament, but we are far from favourites, heck we have the lowest UEFA ranking of all the teams in our group.
ssjovold
Proff

PostPosted: 30.08.2004 14:59    Post subject: ranking Reply with quote

The ranking is based on merits long past. It may not be a true picture of the current strength. I would have loved to meet Anderlecht, who had trouble with Stabaek last year, but they're above us in the ranking.
pinkerton
Junior

PostPosted: 30.08.2004 15:12    Post subject: Re: dutch football Reply with quote

ssjovold wrote:
Still; we do believe PSV Eindhoven is probably the weakest team in the group, and a team we should definitely beat at home and tie away to go on. But I also know you will be well prepared, and your coach is fantastic. (At some point discussed as a Noregian national team coach, although he probably wouldn't have fit in here)

This certainly isn't my opinion, I'd take PAO over PSV any day. The 5-0 victory over Red Star proves that they are in shape and a force to be recogned with. Arsenal and PSV will probably take the two top spots, but I hope that RBK can join the fight, leaving PAO at the last place..
Ziggy
Junior

PostPosted: 30.08.2004 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

The opinion here in Eindhoven is, that we should be able to make it to the next round. But that has been the opinion for all the eight years in a row we played CL. It looks as if we are doomed to not survive the first round. Crying or Very sad Most of the time we were very unlucky in one or two games so we didn't manage to go to the second round. The only time we were second in our group (Kiev, Barcelona, Newcastle and PSV), only the two BEST numbers two went into the next group... We weren't ammong them ('cause our group was one of the strongest). Last year we finally managed to get 10 points in the first round, but our goaldifference was insufficient and Monaco (11 pts) and Deportivo (10 pts) went on in the next round. Both teams made it into the semi-final (Monaco even in the final). By the way: it was only the 2nd time in CL-history a team with 10 points didn't make it into the next round Crying or Very sad
THIS COULD BE OUR YEAR!!!
General opinion is that Panatinaikos is the weakest team in group E, they've lost a few of their star players, but still have enough national players who've won last European Championship.
Arsenal will be number one, and Rosenborg and PSV are about the same in strength, with a light advantage for PSV (international cup-experience and a team with only internationals, young and old). If we are able to beat Pana twice and win the home match against RBK, everything is possible...

Important PSV players are:
Arrow Phillip Cocu, midfield: former Barcelona-player and captain of the Dutch team
Arrow Mark van Bommel, midfield: one of the most valuable players of the Dutch team and about to be the new Holland captain.
Arrow Andre Ooijer, defender/midfield: Dutch national team
Arrow Wilfred Bouma, defender: Dutch national team
Arrow Ji Sung Park, attacker: Korean national team
Arrow Young Pyo Lee, defender: Korean national team
Arrow Alex, defender: Brazilian Olympic team. Has been bought with financial support of Chelsea, wo have the first option to buy him in two years.
Arrow Leandro, attacker: Brazilian Olympic team. One of the upcomming youngsters in the PSV-team. We expect a lot from him in the coming years.
Arrow DaMarcus Beasley, attacker: USA national team. Quick and dangerous winger.
Arrow Jefferson Farfan, attacker: Peru national team. One of the exeptional South-American talents and voted best Peruvian player last year.
Arrow Johann Vogel, midfield: captain of the Swiss national team.
Arrow Johan Vonlanthen, attacker: Swiss national team.
Arrow Kasper Bogelund, defence: Denmark national team.

As it stands now, Mark van Bommel could possibly sign for Borrussia Dortmund today or tomorrow and in return PSV is about to contract one extra striker before tomorrow (Tevez, Boca Juniors / Dindane, Anderlecht / McCarthey, Porto).

For more info about the players in our team, check: http://www.psv.nl/show?id=747

Greetings from Eindhoven. Good luck, and may the best team win!!!
ssjovold
Proff

PostPosted: 30.08.2004 19:53    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

I enjoy seing that I get a reaction out of you guys...

Rosenborg is quite happy getting into Champion's league. We've managed to squeak by into the 2nd round of play twice, once winning the group (and then finishing last in the 2nd group round...), the other time being eliminated by Juventus.

We also did not get into the CL last year by tying Deportivo at home (a match we should have won) and narrowly losing to them 0-1 in Spain. Our karma, as well as yours, went a long way that year...

I.E there will be two evenly matched, well organized teams with plenty of CL experience on both sides when Rosenborg and PSV plays.We have two foreigners, Michael Dorsin, who plays for Sweden's national team, and Robbie Russel, who have been mentioned on the US national team. Neither in the starting lineup right now. We have 7 players in the Norwegian troop that will meet Italy in world cup qualifying, and a youngster with Zlatan-qualities (and none of the attitude) that has played with us for one month (and scored 4 goals in 3 matches, among others the qualifying goal against Maccabi Haifa) named Daniel Braathen. He has impressed a lot of people with his cool and technique, and the players praise him for still being a true team player.

The overall philosophy in Rosenborg is that you walk onto the field to make the players around you better. We're quite proud of that. I would also suspect that the dutch total-football concept fits quite well within that philosophy.
pinkerton
Junior

PostPosted: 31.08.2004 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziggy wrote:
By the way: it was only the 2nd time in CL-history a team with 10 points didn't make it into the next round Crying or Very sad

Guess who the first team was...

1997/1998 season
Group D

Real Madrid 6 4 1 1 15 4 13
Rosenborg 6 3 2 1 13 8 11
Olympiacos 6 1 2 3 6 14 5
Porto 6 1 1 4 3 11 4

We were two minutes away from the quarterfinals in the last game Crying or Very sad

Last edited by pinkerton on 31.08.2004 16:57; edited 1 time in total
ssjovold
Proff

PostPosted: 31.08.2004 15:17    Post subject: And guess who scored in a different group? Reply with quote

JUVENTUS (in a different group this time) scored also to become a better 2nd place finishing team!

Thus; they have trounced us more than once, and in more than one way!
haavarl
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 31.08.2004 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ziggy wrote:
General opinion is that Panatinaikos is the weakest team in group E, they've lost a few of their star players, but still have enough national players who've won last European Championship.

Hehe, yep, the chances of Pana getting #2 in the group is as big as.... um... Hellas winning the Euro 2004. Or something. Let's both be ware Surprised

Quote:
Arsenal will be number one, and Rosenborg and PSV are about the same in strength, with a light advantage for PSV (international cup-experience and a team with only internationals, young and old).

Hmmm... I don't think you have any advantage when it comes to international cup experience. This is our 10th year in a row in European cup football; 9 of them in Champions League. And what more is, our six most experienced players have played a total of 400 Champions League matches. You, more experienced? I think not.

Most of our guys are internationals, too - tough only 7 are in the squad for the next game (vs Italy next saturday).

Apart from this - I agree with everyone: Arsenal wins, and it'll be a race for the second spot! (I'd say we're more experienced, but it doesn't neccessarily mean too much.)

Quote:
Greetings from Eindhoven. Good luck, and may the best team win!!!

Thank you and likewise! Let's hope some of us steals points off of Arsenal, eh?
haavarl
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 31.08.2004 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joker wrote:
First of all thanks for the compliments (I think), but you'll find that most of us here are pretty well behaved (apart from the occasional idiot) and we all think we can speak english.

Hehe good, these international matches tend to bring forth "Internet hools" of all kinds, often younger boys with little sense of courtesy and somewhat lacking English skills...

Oh well, every club has these. Glad you're here!
shevshenko
Junior

PostPosted: 31.08.2004 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

goo luck rbk i wish you the best
haavarl
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 31.08.2004 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Good luck in the UEFA cup. You have a great team.
Czech rbk fan
Senior

PostPosted: 01.09.2004 11:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bet:
1. Arsenal
2. PSV
3. Rosenborg
4. Panathinaikos

I think it would be good!! We´ll see!! I am looking forward to the CHampions LG.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 01.09.2004 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Czech rbk fan wrote:
My bet:
1. Arsenal
2. PSV
3. Rosenborg
4. Panathinaikos

The nice thing with finishing on the 3rd spot this season, is that our European cup season will last until 24.02.2005 - at least, since the 3rd round of the UEFA Cup is moved till after Christmas because of the new UEFA Cup group phase.
Panathinaikos 13
Junior

PostPosted: 04.09.2004 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can ensure you that PAO (not paok please) fans share the same opinion with you and PSV as well. we all agree that arsenal are the best team and our teams will finish second. we say that the draw is good for us well.

WE SING LOUD... WE SING PROUD... GATE 13
dejan13
Junior

PostPosted: 13.09.2004 12:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Czech rbk fan wrote:
My bet:
1. Arsenal
2. PSV
3. Rosenborg
4. Panathinaikos

I think it would be good!! We´ll see!! I am looking forward to the CHampions LG.

i hope Rudolf Scacel has a different opinion about that Laughing

and i think Panathinaikos can finish up second behind Arsenal. but we' ll see all about that on the field Wink

www.greenwebfans.gr/phpBB2/
tosh
Junior

PostPosted: 14.09.2004 02:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i'm shure Panathinaikos can finish second ( as the other teams in the group Smile ).

For the moment my nerves are a bit tense, and i fear a tough evening for Rosenborg.

I will have to wish myself good luck for tomorrow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb