RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Alex Gersbach
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 23.09.2016 20:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gersbach in Australia squad
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 27.09.2016 17:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

“My mind is definitely set on staying at Rosenborg next season and I’m really looking forward to it.”

After Rosenborg clinched the title with a 3-1 win over fierce rival Molde, Gersbach and his team-mates were greeted by a rapturous reception when the team bus arrived back in Trondheim.

“It was nice to have our fans travel down to Molde, and the atmosphere after the game in the dressing room after the game was really cool and everyone in the club is buzzing.

“It was just really nice and extra special to win the league playing our main rivals Molde.”

Read more: Grounded Gersbach focused on job at hand
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 29.09.2016 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

While locked in a Socceroos fight with Smith, two-cap Gersbach has at the same time forged a close relationship with the former Liverpool youngster, with both committed to a common cause.

"I have to make sure that I am always ready and when I do get the chance then I take it," he said.

"Brad's doing a good job with the national team. He played well against UAE and set up our winning goal for Tim Cahill."

(...)

Gersbach is also aiming to get a mini monkey off his back during the remainder of the campaign as he hunts his first goal for the club.

"I am actually the only player in the squad who hasn’t scored a goal this season," he said.

"I have been a bit selfish lately by shooting when I probably should have passed the ball.

"I am pretty keen to score and avoid the end of season nudie run!"

Read more: Gersbach hunts for historic double in Norway
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 07.10.2016 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

“It’s been a really good year for me. Moving over [to Norway] in February, I would have never thought we were would have won the league by this much.

“I had high hopes and thought we were a chance to win the league but to win it with five games to go is a really good feeling.

“Every day in training playing against some talented players helps you improve. It’s helped me improve a lot and I’m looking forward to staying there next year and improving even more and getting a spot in the Europa League or even the Champions League. Who knows?,” the 19-year-old added.

Read more: Gersbach on his breakthrough 2016
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 10.11.2016 21:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following next week’s qualifier in Bangkok, Gersbach will head back to Norway for the Norwegian Cup Final against Kongsvinger

Rosenborg could secure the double for the second straight season.

“We’ve got some history in the making hopefully,” an upbeat Gersbach told FFA TV.

“If we do win the double again this year…it will be the first time in Norwegian history a team has won the double two years in a row.

“It’s been a really exciting season for me. Coming into the [Rosenborg] team in February, having [a] short little [pre-]season and then getting straight into it,” he added.

Read more: Young Caltex Socceroo boosted by Norwegian success

“It’s been a really good year even though I’ve lost my spot in the team lately,” Gersbach said from Bangkok, where the Socceroos meet Thailand in a World Cup qualifier next Tuesday night (EDT).

“The coach (Kare Ingebrigsten) was rotating players a fair bit, especially during the middle of the season.

“I would have like to have played every game. I got plenty of game time but I really want to cement my spot and make sure I’m the No.1 left-back next season.”

It’s a similar case in terms of Socceroos selection. Capped twice, Gersbach is behind Bournemouth’s Brad Smith in the battle for the left back spot.

“Brad’s been doing really well for the Socceroos lately. He’s not playing so much at Bournemouth but when he’s playing for the Socceroos he’s doing the job,” Gersbach said.

“I can’t complain about that. I’ve just got to be ready all the time.”

Read more: Alex Gersbach content with reduced dual roles

"I was in the Under-17s and then the Under-20s, jumped quickly to the Under-23s and then quickly to the Socceroos again. I didn't really have much time to settle down with the Olyroos really.

"So I guess that's sort of helped me as I've jumped quickly. It's a big change I guess but in the end all the systems we play and things like that are similiar. That helps being in the system from a young age."

Read more: Gersbach after Norwegian history
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 24.11.2016 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Juve’s continuing search to find some of the world’s best young talent, latest reports suggest that CEO Marotta and Sporting Director Paratici are keeping a watchful eye on 19-year-old Rosenborg left-back Alex Gersbach.

Read more: Scouting Report: Introducing Juve target Alex Gersbach
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 27.11.2016 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Socceroos left-back, still only 19, has been tracked by Juventus CEO Giuseppe Marotta and sporting director Fabio Paratici, according to the Italian website calciomercato.com.

But the reports, are “news" to Gersbach, and while welcome, the former Sydney FC flier said: “Of course I’ll take it as a compliment but I'll just keep working hard and you never know what can happen in football.

“It’s nice to have people writing articles like that about you and I am in a good spot.

"I just need to keep my head down now and keep working hard. My mind is set on Rosenborg and playing here next year and winning more trophies.

“I am aiming to have a good pre-season and to keep improving and processing … beyond that it’s all out of my control.”

(...)

While racking up many match minutes, Gersbach has been locked in a tussle with Jergen Skjelvik for the left-back role, and it’s a duel he aims to win.

“I just want to cement that spot: I want to play every game and every minute. I will work hard in pre-season and make sure that happens next year," he said.

Read more: Gersbach flattered by Juventus interest
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 11.04.2017 20:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Gersbach was a notable absentee from Australia's 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers against Iraq and UAE, but the young gun is planning a swift return to the Socceroos fold.

(...)

Having spent the week with Josep Gombau's Olyroos, while the senior team faced Iraq and UAE, Gersbach said: "I understood being left out".

"I hadn't been in competition for a few months while Aziz Behich has been doing well in Turkey, playing every week.

"That's fair enough and I can't really complain about that too much.

"I just need to work hard and play my way back in there.

"It's a big goal of mine to go to the Confederations Cup and hopefully I will play well and impress Ange to get that call-up."

Read more: Gersbach hungry for rapid Socceroos return
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 15.06.2017 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gersbach will meet up with the rest of the squad in Russia after flying out of Norway on Thursday and is determined to take full advantage of his time in the national fold.

"This call-up has come at a really good time for me," he said. "I'm going to give it my all and hopefully do well in the tournament and come back to my club and see how things go then.

"It's unfortunate Brad got injured, but I've got to take this chance with both hands. I'm really looking forward to meeting up with the boys and if I get to play I'll give it a real crack.

"Even though I haven't played much recently I'm happy with my fitness and I'll just keep working hard in camp."

Read more: Gersbach happy to leave club frustrations behind to join Socceroos

Australia meet Germany, Cameroon and Chile in the group stage in Russia.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 22.06.2017 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was awarded a penalty kick which secured 1-1 against Cameroon today.

Before the match:

"I'll be confident if I get my chance to come in and do my job."

Having fallen out of favour in recent weeks at his club, Gersbach added:

"If I get a chance I really need to do well to I guess make a statement back to my club that I am ready to play and do my job."

Read more: Gersbach pushing for surprise Socceroos start as Ange tinkers team
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 26.06.2017 19:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nominally a fullback, Gersbach was thrust in to the pivotal role down the left flank in Australia’s 3-2-4-1 formation. And took to it as comfortably as a holiday-maker to a sun lounger, solid in defence and getting in to the box to win the penalty that led to the Socceroos’ leveller from the spot.

“I was a bit nervous before the game in terms of doing my job and knowing exactly what to do,” he admits. It didn’t show.

“We’d gone over it 100 times, but you still have that little bit of doubt in your mind. But once I got out on to the pitch I really enjoyed it. It seemed pretty simple in the end in terms of what I had to do in both defence and attack — pretty much just run all day.

“I really like the role and the formation and the way we’re trying to play.”

Read more: Alex Gersbach’s ability to adapt a big plus for Socceroos

Only in the squad because of injury to Brad Smith, Gersbach was Postecoglou's wildcard and he looked at ease on the big stage.

The performance earned praise from both coach and captain.

"Alex was excellent," Postecoglou said.

"He's got great technique. He's got great composure and did well for the penalty. He put a couple of balls in ... one in the first half went just over Tomi Juric's head that would have been a great goal.

"We've got some good young players coming through. These guys will be together for the next four to six years.

"We'll keep exposing them at this level."

Read more: Gersbach glows as Socceroos flicker
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 30.08.2017 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I want to stay with Rosenberg and do well with the club.

"We have just qualified for the Europa League, and it's going to be a big few months before the end of the season.

"Hopefully that means more game time for myself with all the matches coming up."

Gersbach is in regular touch with Smith by text, and whoever gets the nod against Japan will have the full backing of the one who misses out.

"I guess it's probably between me and Brad for a starting spot, that looks like the logical thing. But you never know," he added.

Read more: Gersbach on tenterhooks as Postecoglou shuffles his Japan plans
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 05.11.2017 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the Australia squad against Honduras.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 28.12.2017 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing for Norway’s most dominant club has certainly helped aid Gersbach’s development, as the free-flowing, attacking style utilised at Rosenborg has allowed him to flourish in a more offense-minded role. However, he has dropped slightly behind fellow impressive youngster Birger Meling in the pecking order and was limited to fifteen league appearances this season, with six of those coming from the substitutes’ bench. Whilst he has indicated a desire to fight for his place in the team, it may soon be time for Gersbach to continue his development elsewhere. There’s no doubt several clubs would love to have the youngster bursting up and down their left wing on a weekly basis, and further playing time would help him make the case for a more regular place in the Australia national team heading into next year’s World Cup.

Read more: 100 Best Young Players to Watch in 2018
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 31.12.2017 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosenborg bought another left-back, a Norwegian, early in the season and it’s hard for an Aussie in Europe when there’s a local in your position and he’s a good alternative.

I still played more than 20 games in all competitions, but there was a period for a month before Australia’s play-off games against Syria that I wasn’t getting picked at all and I got left out of the Socceroos squad.

That was a crushing reminder that you’ve got to be playing regularly. Fortunately, I got back in the squad for the final play-off games against Honduras. I didn’t get to play that time, but at least I was a part of it.

Now I’ve got to see where my immediate club future lies.

I’m contracted to Rosenborg for another 18 months, but the January transfer window is coming up. Ideally, I’d like to stay at Rosenborg because it’s a terrific club, but I need to be on the field week in, week out or I won’t be in the squad for the World Cup.

I’m not sure what Rosenborg’s plans are, but if it means playing regular football – and they want to sell me or even send me out on loan – I’m happy to do that.

The club realises my situation. They know they can’t keep me there sitting on the bench. It’s no use to them or me, so I think they’re going to be quite understanding about it.

They’re probably going to want to earn a decent transfer fee out of me if I am to go, but I can’t really worry about that because it’s out of my hands. I’ve just got to let my agent deal with the club, so we’ll see what happens.

I know if I did leave there would be no guarantees wherever I went, but at least you can weigh up offers and get a good idea if you’re a chance of playing regularly. After that, I’d be ready to fight for a place and show them I deserve to play.

(...)

After starting in that Confederations Cup game, I stayed in the next squad for the qualifiers and playing against Thailand was such a big breakthrough moment for me.

I thought I did quite well, too. I’d started to feel like I was really a part of it, but then I went back to Norway and had that barren period there and got left out for the Syrian games. That was hard to take, but you’ve got to accept those things and just try harder.

It’s inevitable you’re going to experience some turbulence from time to time as a professional footballer. It can be smooth sailing and next it’s like being on a roller-coaster.

This year has been up and down, but I’ve got no regrets. I’ve represented my country and I’ve taken the number of games I’ve played for Rosenborg to over 50 in my two years at the club. I’ve learned a lot and I know I’ve become a better footballer.

Now I’ve just got to make sure I get this next part of my career right, because there’s so much riding on it.

Read more Life on the borderline
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 11.01.2018 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALEX Gersbach could become the second Australian after Robbie Slater to play at French club Lens. We hear Slater was contacted by the president and coach of Lens and asked for his opinion on Gersbach. It’s a move the 20-year-old left back would surely be open to after being afforded limited game time with Rosenborg. And with the World Cup this year, Gersbach will need as many games as possible to cement his spot in the squad for Russia.

Read more: Football Confidential
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 16.01.2018 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourFourTwo understands Barnsley are after a left back to replace departing defender Andy Yiadom.

The Tykes are cashed up after being bought by an overseas consortium in December.

Read more: Gersbach linked with Barnsley

Barnsley are running the rule over Australian international left-back Alex Gersbach, who is at top-flight Norwegian club Rosenborg BK.

Read more: Barnsley look to Norway
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 22.01.2018 19:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Australia defender Alex Gersbach will join French Ligue 2 club RC Lens on a six-month loan deal, with a view to signing permanently at the end of the season.

(...)

The French club has first option to buy the defender at the completion of the deal.

"Lens are a big club that want to get back into Ligue 1," Gersbach said.

"They have fantastic fans and a world class stadium.

Gersbach completed his medical on Monday and it is understood the club is keen to pursue a more permanent arrangement at the completion of the loan.

Read more: Gersbach joins Lens on loan
SydneyFC Fan
Junior

PostPosted: 28.01.2018 04:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just read a few days that Gersbach has gone on loan. What is the general opinion of this decision? It seemed like he had a really promising first season, started poorly early last year and according to the stats, played less in 2017 than in 2016.
OrionPax
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 28.01.2018 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like the agreed-upon narrative is that Gersbach is extremely promising, but when we bought Meling before last season, Alex didn't manage to compete for first team minutes and he wanted to play more first team football in order to increase his chances of making the Australia squad.

I think this is a loss for RBK, I am almost sure he'll move on to great things, but I understand it from the perspective of the player. He has a good talent with lots of promise and I understand that he does not want to spend these crucial development years warming a bench in Trondheim.

Too bad, but some times these things happen. Neutral
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 27.02.2018 21:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the eve of Lens's French Cup quarter-final clash with third division club Les Herbiers, the club's Australian defender, Alex Gersbach, shed some light on the tough reality of trying to forge a career in a foreign country, where learning a language from scratch is as important as learning how to play with your new team-mates.

Shortly after securing a move to the high-profile Ligue 2 club on a six-month loan deal in January, Gersbach was fast-tracked into the first team - an opportunity created by an ankle injury to Egyptian left back Karim Hafez, also at the club on loan.

(...)

"I think they're relatively happy with me," he said.

"There are a few things I need to work on to gel with my winger a bit more, so far it's pretty good. The coach speaks French and not much English so one of the other coaches will translate a bit. There are also a couple of Serbian guys, one Croatian and a Spanish player so the foreign guys help out with the language barrier."

Gersbach is relishing the opportunity to play Cup football this week, a kind draw providing Lens invaluable exposure on the national stage, not that the match will be easy.

"We're in the quarter-final against a third division team so it's a really good opportunity to make the semi-finals of the French Cup, which would be massive," he said.

"I'm not sure what to expect from them. i t is a cup game so anything can happen and they'll be up for it.

"It's a third division team in the quarter-finals of French Cup so they'll be playing the game of their lives. It will be tough."

Read more: Gersbach relishing chance to shine on national stage

Still 0-0 in the match.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 28.02.2018 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

With neither side able to reak the deadlock after extra time, the Australian stepped up to convert his side's second penalty. But the effort was in vain, Saint Herbiers completing a stunning victory 4-2 to advance to the semi-finals.

Read more: Lens crashes out of French Cup on penalties
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 09.03.2018 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Socceroos left-back Alex Gersbach is looking forward to working with one-time mentor Graham Arnold when the Sydney FC manager takes charge of the Socceroos following the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

(...)

“When I first came to Sydney FC, I was 16, 17 years old and then Arnie took over as coach,” he added.

“That first season he gave me an opportunity and was playing me every week when I was 17 years old, showed massive faith in me and gave me the confidence to play well for Sydney.

“I can’t thank him enough for that faith he gave me and as a young player, it’s really important to have a coach that believes in you, even when you’re so young.

“That’s really helped my career so far.”

Read more: “I can’t thank him enough” – Alex Gersbach looks forward to Graham Arnold reunion
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 14.05.2018 21:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week in Sydney van Marwijk announced a 32-player preliminary squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™, and stated that his squad would need to be reduced twice prior to FIFA’s 23-player final squad submission deadline on June 4.

Six players – Alex Gersbach, Apostolos Giannou, Mitchell Langerak, Jamie Maclaren, Aleksandar Susnjar, and Bailey Wright – have been informed that they have not advanced to the next phase of the selection process.

Read more: 26-man Caltex Socceroos squad named ahead of Turkey training camp
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 15.05.2018 21:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former Socceroo Craig Foster told the Leader he believed Gersbach should have been in the squad.

“I would have thought so. The fullback areas we’ve found quite difficult,” he said.

“You see with the [preliminary] squad [Fran] Karacic is a completely new player being chosen in a fullback position and is in a World Cup squad. That shows if nothing else how problematic those positions are.

“I think Alex is outstanding. He’s a fabulous example to us of the level of talent that exists in the region. I would have thought he was a very high chance [of selection] because he’s done well in the A-League and since with his move to Europe.”

Read more: Alex Gersbach suffers 2018 Russia World Cup selection heartbreak after being left out of Socceroos squad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb