RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
RBK v. Arsenal

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RBKcanada
Senior

PostPosted: 15.09.2004 18:46    Post subject: RBK v. Arsenal Reply with quote

I pose the question to my fellow Rosenborg supporters.... Should we fear Arsenal? I really don't think we should and especially not in Trondheim. I recall last season Inter made them look very average on the opening match day and they weren't very impressive against PSV yesterday. I think we must go in with a positive attitude knowing that we should come away with all three points even if it is the mighty Arsenal.
Gaute
Senior

PostPosted: 15.09.2004 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm.. I think we might want to fear them... We should fear every team we play.. The ball is round.. But still, RBK on home ground is tough for every team we play.
If Rosenborg play like yesterday and start scoring goals on the 100% chances then we might be able to hold a draw - or even win...!!
ssjovold
Proff

PostPosted: 15.09.2004 19:52    Post subject: fear vs. respect Reply with quote

We shoud respect them, not fear them. Fear is not a motivation that works for rbk. Arsenal on paper has a rock solid team, and one of the best managers in the world. But they are still human. If we play the way we played against Panathinaikos, we should NOT fear them. We outplayed a good opponent on a difficult arena. They should fear us, because their expectations are so much higher than ours.

They will live with a greater fear of not living up to those then we will. and righteously so.
shevshenko
Junior

PostPosted: 17.09.2004 18:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck rbk from maccabi haifa fan
Erik87
Proff

PostPosted: 17.09.2004 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I think we'll need it....
haavarl
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 17.09.2004 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first step on the way to Defeat is called Fear.

RBK has stopped fearing "big foreign teams" many years ago. We have won over Real Madrid at home, and outplayed Borussia Dortmund away. We have no fear.

That doesn't mean we can't lose...
Czech rbk fan
Senior

PostPosted: 22.09.2004 15:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

Czech fans of Arsenal said (on www.arsenal.wz.cz) "I quite like Rosenborg. So we will win all matches except from the match at Lerkendal. There it will be 1:1..." Cool
I was so surprised by it!
Rosenborg has many little fans in the Czech Republic! And one big fan, me! Rolling Eyes
haavarl
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 23.09.2004 08:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

You must of course inform them of your web site.
trondh
Veteran

PostPosted: 23.09.2004 08:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

shevshenko wrote:
good luck rbk from maccabi haifa fan

Good luck to Maccabi Haifa too...
What about you against Dnipro. 1-0. Will you beat them away as well?
How was the match?
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 27.09.2004 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ørjan Berg is still not fully fit. The doctors says that it's a 80% chance that he plays against Arsenal.

As "haavarl" posted in another thread, Thierry Henry was impressed by Rosenborg's performance in Athens against two weeks ago:

"Rosenborg could have beaten Panathinaikos 8-1 in their opening Champions League match. How they didn't is beyond me," Henry says.

"It will be hard to beat them. They should have scored four in each half in Greece but lost 2-1. It’s unbelievable they lost."

Read more: Henry: It ain't Rosey

The Sun-reporter writes this too:

The Gunners striker lines up on Wednesday against the Norwegian champions — a part-time side which includes a carpenter, two doctors, a DJ and an ambassador against racism.

Rosenborg haven't had any "part-time players" the last ten years... But some of the players did have different occupations before they turned pro:

Ståle Stensaas: carpenter
Vidar Riseth: plumber
Roar Strand: chimney sweeper(!)
Harald Brattbakk: real estate agent
Frode Johnsen: police trainee

By the way, the two "doctors" are Espen Johnsen and Fredrik Winsnes, who study medicine at the University of Trondheim (NTNU), and the DJ is Jan Gunnar Solli, who had a part-time job as that when he played in Odd Grenland. The "ambassador against racism" is Erik Hoftun, who has a leading role in the MOT organisation.
Czech rbk fan
Senior

PostPosted: 28.09.2004 10:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

And your bets?
I think it could be 2:1 or 2:2!! Cool
I am going to the betting officce Very Happy
Zbegra
Rutinert

PostPosted: 28.09.2004 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

my heart says 2:1, but If I'm going to be realistic I have to say 1:2 or 1:3, unfortunately Confused
kms
Senior

PostPosted: 28.09.2004 11:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually pretty unsure about the outcome, it will be interesting to see. The local paper wrote today about how Arsenal is trying to be more cynical/reserved in European matches, something they did against PSV Eindhoven in the last round. This scares me a bit -- if they attack more or less like they usually do I think we would have good chances, blocking their game in the midfield and exploiting openings in the defense. But if they stay compact and keep to lightning fast (and with those players I mean lightning fast...) counter-attacks we could be in trouble.

I'm with Zbegra, realistically I expect 1:2 og 1:3 but of course believe the opposite is possible!
ssjovold
Proff

PostPosted: 30.09.2004 04:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Czech rbk fan wrote:
Czech fans of Arsenal said (on www.arsenal.wz.cz) "I quite like Rosenborg. So we will win all matches except from the match at Lerkendal. There it will be 1:1..." Cool
I was so surprised by it!
Rosenborg has many little fans in the Czech Republic! And one big fan, me! Rolling Eyes

You were right; and I also hope the rest of the prediction holds true. It will make our path easier, as we then need to win our two home games, and then either take a point from psv, or hope that psv loses to panathinaikos next time. We will have 7 points, the other guys 6...
Czech rbk fan
Senior

PostPosted: 01.10.2004 14:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is great result for RBK. I was able to see headlines of this match. The goal of Roar was BEAUTIFUL. If I ge to know the result I started jumping six metres high Laughing .
So we need beat the two other teams (PSV, PAO) and I think we will have good place. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb