RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How did you become a Rosenborg supporter?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyle
Junior

PostPosted: 22.12.2005 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys. My name is Kyle and I'm new to this board. I'm from Alabama in the US. My older brother and I are huge soccer fans. I for a long time couldn't decide what team I wanted to support. My brother is a big fan of one of the smaller teams that is in the same league as Chelsea, and he always urged me to get into one of those teams, but my choice finally fell on Rosenborg.

In a funny way too. Last night (December 21st), I watched a special on PBS about the St. Olaf choir singing in Trondheim and it looked so interesting and beautiful I got online afterwards and researched this city for nearly three hours. Pictures, history, sights, I saw it all. Then I scoped out the myspace for Norwegian bands, then finally looked around for Norwegian soccer teams and I feel in love with Rosenborg.

So that is how I became a new user to this board and a new Rosenborg supporter. One last question. Is there anyway an American like me could get some Rosenborg merchandise? Thanks in advance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
erlendmf
Rutinert

PostPosted: 22.12.2005 16:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, and welcome to the forum. It's always nice with new people here.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 22.12.2005 16:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum!

cheapshotyouthanthem wrote:
Is there anyway an American like me could get some Rosenborg merchandise?

Take a look here: Rosenborg Shop
Jon Irenicus
Veteran

PostPosted: 22.12.2005 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to buy a player shirt do buy the Champions League version. Its much suaver than the regular kind.

Oh, and welcome!
Tommee Eevers1
Senior

PostPosted: 14.02.2006 00:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, how I became a RBK-supporter? Odd Iversen (the living legend) and the team of Mini, Kaare Ingebrigtsen, Goeran Soerloth, Roar Strand, Ola By Rise, Sverre Brandhaug, Sollied, Rambo Henriksen, and of course the RBK mentor Nils Arne Eggen.

RBK
kmccullagh
Junior

PostPosted: 17.02.2006 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i became a fan through my friend barton being called braton sometimes which sounds like ur forward called braaten
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 18.02.2006 15:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha-ha! That's far the best reason so far! Very Happy

Welcome!
Micha
Junior

PostPosted: 27.02.2006 12:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

new design

http://www.rosenborg.de

Ist noch nicht ganz fertig.
sorry, ich sprech kein englisch Razz
Veteran

PostPosted: 27.02.2006 13:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sehr, sehr gut!
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 27.02.2006 16:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommel'n opp!
pokes
Junior

PostPosted: 05.03.2006 12:22    Post subject: Re: US Rosenborg Fan! Reply with quote

hep710 wrote:
Hello everyone!

My name is Jeff and I am a Rosenborg fan writing from sunny California, USA. I went to school at the University of Wyoming where I met some of my closest friends, many of which are from Norway. Trying to be a football fan (without helmets and pads) in Wyoming is no easy task. To my delight, my Norwegian friends were more than happy to discuss and argue football with me. I had heard of RBK, but my friend Dag turned me into the biggest Rosenborg fan in the US. I have been to Lerkendal twice, I have three jerseys (2 Roar Strand and a Robbie Russell), and even know some of the players birthdays. I listen to the games on the radio when I can and manage to understand some of what is going on. Like our young friend whose story inspired this "subject," I too am learning your language a bit. So, here is to another great season! RBK!!!

Hey Jeff!

Didn't know you had posted this. Thanks for mentioning me Smile
Don't be a stranger to the forum, keep on posting your opinions, 'cause I know you have lots Very Happy
My season tickets are payed for, so I'll keep you updated throughout the season.
Talk to you soon düüüüde! RBK
Byasen
Junior

PostPosted: 13.03.2006 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

surge wrote:
Hi to Rossenborg fans.

I live in England and have followed Rossenborg since a friend sent me an RBK scarf and and shirt (about 4 years). The shirt is no 22 Brattbakk who is my favourite player of course. Watched them play Arsenal (on T.V.) in the Champions League where Brattbakk set up RBK's goal from a free kick.
Anyway, I run a junior football team......well 2 actually....and wear my RBK shirt all the time. Loads of people ask me about the shirt, I also wear it when I go to watch my favourite English (Crewe Alexandra) play, along with a Crewe shirt.
Our friend lives in Trondheim, well she did, but I'm not too sure now as we have not heard from her for quite a while. Maybe someone could help us to find her?
Anyway, I hope RBK have a great season and I will continue to look out for their results. RBK

what a co-incidence!
My mum and sisters live in Crewe, or Sandbach or thereabouts and my best friend lives in Trondheim!

When I was 15 I joined a penfriend club in school. I paid 30p (3nk) for an adress of a girl in Norway. That was in 1977. 29 years later I am stil in touch, though not by letter, theses days it's by text, email and mobile phone. I am coming to Norway for the third time in May, but it will be for the first time in 20 years! This time I won't be coming alone, but I'll be bringing my family with me, and we will be coming to see Rosenborg play Ham Kam. (Not quite as good as Liverpool v A.C. Milan, but never mind)

So that is how this Englishman from Liverpool became a supporter of Rosenborg. (oh, and Veggard Heggem was a great player!)

Take care.

Regards, Ron
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 14.03.2006 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great story, Ron! Welcome to Trondheim! Tommel'n opp!
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 19.04.2006 11:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started following Rosenborg back in 1994, when I was a young kid in my native Belgium. I was obsessed with Scandinavia and the far north since I was very young, and between ages 5 and 12 I spent most of my spare time reading travelguides and studying maps... When I started following football, I of course showed interest in Scandinavian football straight away. I liked Rosenborg from the very start, when they were still an amateur team without professional players, a true minnow in Europe (incredible how fast we professionalised and grown to become a respected side in Europe). I kept following RBK ever since.

Favourite players: Rushfeldt and Brattbakk

It's still my big dream in life to move to North Norway (Trondheim or Tromsø preferably, or even Kirkenes or Svalbard)

I also support the Norwegian national team.

PS: I live in Northern Ireland now, but I am 100% Belgian, though with the desire to settle in Norway. Northern Ireland is just a temporary home.

Jon Irenicus
Veteran

PostPosted: 19.04.2006 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Thanks for your post.

I guess we are very different - I myself find Norway to be extremely boring and continental Europe to be the greatest (Japan is very nice too).
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 19.04.2006 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shall we swap jobs then? Razz

Norway is such a diverse and fantastic country. I think you can have a lot worse. And the sea is always near, there's mountains, nice cities, ...

arnt
Veteran

PostPosted: 19.04.2006 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, that's almost exactly how I always pictured Ireland. Well, apart from the mountains, of course...
Nei, der skal Kugle til en Thrønder!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 21.04.2006 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ireland has a nice countryside and wonderful scenery, but the cities lack a bit. Belfast is beautiful but a bit small, so we don't have many events then. Dublin has more events (concerts etc) but also not much compared to England or Scotland. Football-wise Ireland's not the best either Embarassed

Jon Irenicus
Veteran

PostPosted: 21.04.2006 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy shit! Belfast is half the size of Oslo according to Wikipedia! That IS small.
arnt
Veteran

PostPosted: 21.04.2006 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerrit:

Fair enough. I've heard a lot of good things about Belfast as a party town, although still not recommendable to venture outside of the city centre.

This came from a lot of Celtic supporters, mind you, so I'm not entirely sure if they're completely unbiased. Wink
Nei, der skal Kugle til en Thrønder!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 21.04.2006 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do have approx 500000 inhabitants if we include the suburbs. But mainly, Ireland is being far away from everything. When I lived in Belgium, there were events every weekend and big concerts or festivals were a car drive away. Now it's taking the airplane for everything. I know, if I realise my dream of moving to North Norway it's the same, but then it's compensated by the arctic feeling which I love so much and which lacks here in Northern Ireland...

But then I must also say: I like it when you have to travel to events, the trip to it can be just as fun because of your expectations. So back in Belgium I disliked it that everything was so near Very Happy Guess you always long for what you DON't have...

But I'm not complaining: Belfast is a good place to live. I didn't like Dublin that much, but Belfast is a nice city. It's a historically very interesting city, friendly people, some nice architecture...

Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 21.04.2006 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

arnt wrote:
Gerrit:

Fair enough. I've heard a lot of good things about Belfast as a party town, although still not recommendable to venture outside of the city centre.

This came from a lot of Celtic supporters, mind you, so I'm not entirely sure if they're completely unbiased. Wink

I guess they were meaning "not recommendable in protestant areas" Very Happy

Must say the luck of being an immigrant here: I am neutral and can come in both catholic and protestant areas. I'd say: stick to the city centre though. I live central and in the nightlife area myself...

Jon Irenicus
Veteran

PostPosted: 21.04.2006 14:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still find it strange that somebody feels the same way about Trondheim and Tromsø the way I feel about Tokyo and Milan. But I am flattered in a way.

Get this while you wait. Prose from northern Norway from a Nobel Prize winning author who was born there. It will make you long even more Wink
HeiaVincent
Veteran

PostPosted: 21.04.2006 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belfast still has Calibre, the best drum & bass producer around. Tommel'n opp!
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 23.04.2006 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most famous temporary band we have must be Therapy? (you know, the lads who made "Diane") and Andy Cairns from Therapy? is doing a DJ set in the pub just around the corner of my street this week Very Happy

We also had Stiff Little Fingers, one of the seventies' most famous punk bands (and all members came from Belfast) and also The Undertones ("Teenage kicks" as most famous song) were from Northern Ireland...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb