RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The future of Rosenborg
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MBK-Qoo
Junior

PostPosted: 15.05.2003 22:02    Post subject: The future of Rosenborg Reply with quote

(sry but my english is not very good)

hi,

im from germany and im a relative great fan of rosenborg bk trondheim. in germany we can not show the league games of the norwegian league in the tv (only france, nederlands, uk,spain etc.).

i have´a question to the "league insiders" of the norwegian league:

is Rosenborg BK Trondheim to good for the Norwegian League?

we have a newspaper in germany who calls "Sport-Bild"(Sport-Picture) with the tables of norway. only lilleström and molde can follow trondheim and this with ~10points reference.

do you know in the next years rosenborg bk trondheim winning the laddership again? and what is with the other clubs? and why is rosenborg bk trondheim on international games "outsider"?

greetz
Qoo
MBK-Qoo
Junior

PostPosted: 15.05.2003 22:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the way is norwegian a bad language Shocked
haavarl
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 16.05.2003 10:43    Post subject: Re: Rosenborg to good for Norwegian League? Reply with quote

Quote:
(sry but my english is not very good)

Agreed

Quote:

is Rosenborg BK Trondheim to good for the Norwegian League?

Well, you know, Norway is a small country, a mere 4 million inhabitants, this doesn't produce enough quality players to provide a top league. What more is, the sponsor market is hence quite small, which provides only small money for the clubs that thus cannot afford top international names. Another side effect by having a large country with few inhabitants is that there are few spectators to the games. During a year of matches, few games can provide arenas packed with spectators. This constitutes another negative factor when it comes to signing good international players, or even keeping the best Norwegian ones. Playing for a couple of hundred spectators in some wind-swept stadium isn't that fun, never mind it being the "top league" of the country. Most of the leagues in Europe, even quite few of the lower divisions, have more spectators, more cheers at the arenas etc.

All in all, the quality of the Norwegian league is..., well I saw UEFA ranking us 20th in Europe, probably deserved. A handful teams seems to be strong from season to season, but when playing against other good European teams, most fail in the long run.

As for Rosenborg, well, skills and luck has made us good. To good for the Norwegian league? Hmm... where else should we play? And indeed, why would we want to play somewhere else?

Quote:
do you know in the next years rosenborg bk trondheim winning the laddership again?

Laddership? Snakker vi selveste stigemesterskapet her?
Certainly we AIM to win. Every year. To eternity. Past two seasons were not so good, and we could in fact easily have lost Shocked But we took home the gold in those "bad years", and I think we look stronger now than for ages... Cool

Quote:
and what is with the other clubs?

Hmm... We're in the process of recovering from the economical collapse of player sales. For some time, clubs gained from selling players, that marked has all but dried out now. This has led to some negative effects to the budgets... Not in the grande scale of Leeds, but along the same lines.
When clubs start producing own young skilled players, and let them play more, the other clubs will be more stable. Indeed, the most successful team behind Rosenborg so far this year has a remarkable skill of producing own players.

But then again, whenever someone gets very good in Norway, he wants out to a better league, to play with better players, meet better teams, play for bigger crowds... and earn bigger bucks...

Quote:
and why is rosenborg bk trondheim on international games "outsider"?

Although not at all a bad team, few of the oppositing teams in Europe can be called weaker. We have done quite a few excellent matches, produced some smashing results versus top European teams, but still - our combined results the past 8 seasons in Champions League DO place us somewhere very near the bottom. And hence, even if our adversaries no longer think they can sweep us away with a yawn, they can somewhat rightfully be happy to meet Rosenborg instead of, well, most other teams, actually.

And, final note, we'll be happy to kick their asses for that.
MBK-Qoo
Junior

PostPosted: 16.05.2003 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

thank u for youre answers

rosenborg have good players and produced a great talent: John Carew.

and i think rosenborg , brann etc. have good money (see the new stadiums) - but they dont buy good players for a international tourney. allone in germany plays good player from unknow teams and search a new club. the contracts of the players are cheap and rosenborg have chances to get him (Dimitar Berbatov, Thorsten Fink, Thomas Häßler, Bernd Schneider, Achim Pfuderer, Robson Ponte)

greets
Kienast
Junior

PostPosted: 18.05.2003 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosenborg will rather produce their own norwegian players than buying old german, expensive players. Rosenborg are the best team in Scandinavia, eventhough both Sweden and Denmark have more inhabitants than us. Im sure we are better than many of the German teams except from maybe Bayern, Dortmund and Leverkusen.

Norway may be a small country and Trondheim may be a small city, but we now how to play football.
(litt arroganse der kanskje...)
duttend
Proff

PostPosted: 18.05.2003 18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

but dortmund shouldnt exactly be considered to be better than rosenborg if u look at the results...

remember 99 when we crushed them with 3-0 on the westfalen stadion in CL? Very Happy
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 18.05.2003 18:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

duttend wrote:
but dortmund shouldnt exactly be considered to be better than rosenborg if u look at the results...

Jan Derek & Co. won the Bundesliga last season and was runners up in the UEFA Cup.

No doubt that Borussia Dortmund is a bigger club than Rosenborg, duttend!
duttend
Proff

PostPosted: 25.05.2003 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

we're talking about better, and not bigger. I'm not saying rbk is better, but they've not met eachother the past years and u can never say that borissa dortmund is better than rosenborg when they've only met eachother 2 times and rosenborg have won 1 and the other was a draw. Rolling Eyes
MBK-Qoo
Junior

PostPosted: 26.05.2003 20:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

in germany plys rosenborg maybe under the top10. scandinavia have some good clubs: Bröndby, IFK Goteborg (good old time Wink ) , AIK Solna, FC Kopenhagen.
duttend
Proff

PostPosted: 27.05.2003 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

AIK and IFK Goteborg is most certainly not one of the best in Sweden. IFK was almost relegated last year and got to play play-off match to stay in the Allsvenskan. AIK is placed somwhere in the middle and the best in sweden is Djurgården and Malmö.

I didnt really get what u said there but I think u said that rosenborg would be under the top-10 in scandinavia? then u have underestimated rosenborg way too much. they r scandinavias BEST team without doubt.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 27.05.2003 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

duttend wrote:
AIK is placed somwhere in the middle and the best in sweden is Djurgården and Malmö.

In the moment AIK is leading the Allsvenskan, while Malmö FF is the middle...

Allsvenskan standings
duttend
Proff

PostPosted: 28.05.2003 00:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course, but I'm talking about the last season. the last season was ending up with a second place for malmo and a 5th place for AIK. the season now is far from over and malmo had a great finish of thei'r season last year and I think they can this year too.
MBK-Qoo
Junior

PostPosted: 31.05.2003 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

nana

in the german "bundesliga" was rosenborg under the top10 teams. but rosenborg can not play on international stage with this skill.

djurgarden is a one-day-wonder and malmö was 2years ago in league2.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 04.08.2006 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We want to be ranked in the top 30 among European clubs on said ranking. If we achieve this, the chances of being seeded in the Champions League qualifiers are good. This objective might seem to be lacking in ambition, but at the end of the 2005/06 season we were ranked 65th. I 2007 we wil have dropped 74th or 75th," president Svendsen maintains.

Read more: Contemplating the road ahead
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 09.12.2007 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

To sum things up:

Three times, 1996 (especially), 1997 and 2000, we lost big parts of the starting line-up because mainly English clubs bought our players after good perfomances in the Champions League. Strand, Hoftun (rejected AC Milan) and Skammelsrud (6 months in Leverkusen) however were loyal to the club, and therefore the three are considered the greatest heros of our glorious period in the 90s.

Legendary coach Eggen seemed somehow to give up after losing key players Carew, Bragstad and Bergdølmo after Euro 2000, and began signing expensive and quite old players, which could give (him) immediate success; new league titles in 2001 and 2002.

This was the beginning of the end, and since then we have been struggling.

Our prize money from the Champions League were used on the before mentined "stars" and renewing our stadium. Today clubs like Brann (Bergen) and VÃ¥lerenga (Oslo) are backed by rich investors, paying big transfer fees and wages. Rosenborg are still the richest when it comes to assets, but our cash flow is not as it used to be, and we have serious problems trying to sign the greatest players of our domestic league.

Rosenborg therefore have begun prioritizing developing own, local players (as in the 80s and 90s). Skjelbred and Tettey are the two big stars of our young midfield, and they will soon be followed; we have 15 players in the Norwegian U21 - U15 national teams.

Mixing these with clever, inexpensive signings from abroad (e.g. Sapara, Traore, Konan) we hopefully will be competitive again.
Skotten
Rutinert

PostPosted: 28.12.2007 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with this.

Last edited by Skotten on 28.12.2007 14:55; edited 1 time in total
Skotten
Rutinert

PostPosted: 28.12.2007 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

RBK is a stable club, we have done well to diversify our revenue streams.

We could never compete with Fredriksen's VIF, If he stepped up his investment their they could be a force to be reckoned with. And offcourse Molde would be nothing without Rokke and he's probably going to continue backing them for the foreseeable future.

I believe we are going about things the correct way and If we can add foreign players like Sappy to the local players we will do ok.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 28.12.2007 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

The clue is that Rosenborg now have to do things better than the other even off the pitch.

We need to increase our revenue maybe two or three-fold, and a professional management is essential. Even though many of the my fellow debaters in the Norwegian forum disagree, I think the staff at the club house do many correct moves.

The biggest problem is that the board seems to be quite weak. Hopefully some of the members are replaced after the annual meeting in February.
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 29.12.2007 05:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

About VIF and Brann and their rich investors... I personally think this is extremely risky. I have seen several clubs in Europe go bankrupt or relegate out of the top division once their rich investor decided to quit investing money in the club. To depend on one person financially can be deadly for a club. I rather don't win a trophy than to win trophies but knowing it is all over once that chairman resigns. Rosenborg is a stable club and we know for sure our club will still be there in several seasons time. I think this feeling of comfort is worth a lot, and I would not want to depend on 1 investor, because the moment VIF/Brann's rich sponsor decides to quit the clubs will drop from top to bottom in a few weeks time... Overall I think we cannot complain about the way Rosenborg is managed. Plus, we had several incoming transfers who proved to be a success (Sapara, Kone, ...) so I don't think we have big reasons to worry.

2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 06.07.2010 23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have tried to sum up:

The modern, golden times of Rosenborg started in 1988. With help from the club's head sponsor Fokus Bank, a more professional management was introduced, allowing the club to gain bigger commercial revenues. There were still just 3-4 employees, but the chief executive Arne Dokken and his colleagues did get useful help from experienced people of the bank.

Read more: The success of Rosenborg
Ballahl
Veteran

PostPosted: 07.07.2010 03:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut and paste to wikipedia.. Razz

- Rune var forut for sin tid.
Zbegra
Rutinert

PostPosted: 08.07.2010 19:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

submitted your story to digg
http://digg.com/soccer/Th..._Rosenborg
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 08.07.2010 19:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spread the gospel! Wink
Skotten
Rutinert

PostPosted: 14.07.2010 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice article. I started following RBK from the Milan game, so already in this short space of time lots of ups and downs. It will be hard to reach the quarter final of the CL again but not impossible.
Skotten
Rutinert

PostPosted: 14.07.2010 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted to add earlier, I used to work for Aker and know the impact that the owner (Rokke) has had on Molde e.g Molde stadion, Akerhallen etc. RBK don't appear to have a home-town Rokke or a Fredriksen, a wealthy backer. until I remembered Odd Reitan is from Trondheim.

Has he, apart from sponsoring RBK jerseys at various times, had any other financial contribution? Will we need someone like this if we fail to qualify for the Champions League or increase revenues?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb