RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
World Cup 2010
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skotten
Rutinert

PostPosted: 25.11.2007 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like Norge-Scotland again. Smile

I will try to get a ticket for this game at the Ullevaal but i can't see me getting one for the away end. Might be supporting Norge in this game!

Iceland should be interesting too for both teams.
Engelsk
Proff

PostPosted: 26.11.2007 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew Norge would get drawn against Skottland!
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 27.11.2007 00:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad draw for Norway though Sad Holland and Scotland are obviously tough, and Macedonia is the sort of team that always grabs some points from the big teams. Very difficult group.

Green Apes will be happy though, Israel got the best group they could possibly get and it looks like they have a great chance to qualify for the World Cup Tommel'n opp! Greece and Switzerland are not easy but Israel can definitely handle them as I don't see them get any points in Tel Aviv.

My native Belgium is in a group with Turkey, Spain and Bosnia: 3x a full stadium because those countries have lots of immigrants in Belgium, however I also fear Belgium has no chance against this opposition. Turkey and Spain are obviously too strong, and I don't see Belgium win in Sarajevo neither.

Remarkable fact are a few politically very tense games. The draw gave us :

Turkey - Armenia
Cuba - USA
North Korea - South Korea

It would be cool to see USA lose in Cuba, who have Che Guevara painted on the wall of the national stadium Smile

Kjello
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 27.11.2007 00:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad draw? This was one of the best draws for Norway.
Lloyd
Senior

PostPosted: 10.06.2008 05:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green Apes,

Forgive my laziness (I could have looked this up myself), but which countries are in your World Cup qualifying group ?

And as a Liverpool-fan I am always keen to keep an eye on how Benayoun is doing. He is about 27 or 28 years old I believe (?) and should be nearing his peak years the next couple of seasons.
Green Apes
Proff

PostPosted: 11.06.2008 17:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember all the teams but Israel Swiss and Greece are top

2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 11.06.2008 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

All nine groups
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 22.06.2008 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

some surprises may be happening in the other continents. In Asia for example China is virtually out of the race and it is still a question mark if Iran will make the final round. Meanwhile Uzbekistan shocked the world by qualifying for the final round, and Qatar and Bahrain are likely to qualify as well. Australia was in a very difficult group but managed to qualify in their first Asian WC campaign.

In Africa Burkina Faso is currently on top of their group, would be great to see them at a World Cup, I always liked their passionate fans who are even more colourful than the average African fans Tommel'n opp! Kone scored a vital goal against Tunesia for BF.

2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 22.06.2008 17:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two goals actually. Smile

He scored yesterday against Seychelles too. Tommel'n opp!
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 22.06.2008 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konan and Traore has been in the 23 man strong squad whole June, but neither was in the 18 man strong match squad, when CIV won 4-1 over Botswana.

Both CIV and BF should go through to the third stage, but there I think BF will get more trouble. I don't see them in the World Cup.
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 23.06.2008 00:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like to see Burkina Faso at the WC. I have watched the Africa Cup they hosted several years ago (on TV obviously) and was fascinated by the country and its team. The fans were very colourful (even for African standards) and a pleasure to watch, and the country has interested me ever since. I would love to see them qualify for the World Cup. It will be tough but if you can beat Tunesia away then why be afraid of other continental powerhouses?

However, if I would make a bet on one debutantes, I think I'd say Bahrain has the best chances. They came close last time as well and this time they'll make it I think.

2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 26.08.2008 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

The squad against Iceland 6/9:

Rune Almenning Jarstein - Rosenborg
Jon Knudsen - Stabæk
HÃ¥kon Opdal - Brann

Mohammed Abdellaoue - VÃ¥lerenga
Martin Andresen - VÃ¥lerenga
John Carew - Aston Villa
Christian Grindheim - Heerenveen
Brede Hangeland - Fulham
Thorstein Helstad - Le Mans
Daniel Fredheim Holm - VÃ¥lerenga
Kristofer Hæstad - Vålerenga
Tom Høgli - Tromsø
Atle Roar HÃ¥land - Odense
Steffen Iversen - Rosenborg
Erik Nevland - Fulham
Morten Gamst Pedersen - Blackburn
Tore Reginiussen - Tromsø
John Arne Riise - Roma
Morten Morisbak Skjønsberg - Stabæk
Fredrik Strømstad - Le Mans
Fredrik Winsnes - Strømsgodset

Skjelbred, Tettey, Demidov (and Nordvik) are instead in the U21 squad against Netherlands 5/9 and Macedonia 9/9.
Skotten
Rutinert

PostPosted: 27.08.2008 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe Skjelbred and Demidov particularly aren't involved with the full squad. Especially so when you see he's chosen the likes of Stromstad, Winsnes, Hogli and the over-rated Haestad ahead of them.

Hareide going for experience across the board then, not sure it'll pay off to be honest.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 27.08.2008 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a big debate on A vs. U21 national team today. NFF somewhat prioritize the U21 Euro qualifiers when placing Tarik, Skjelbred and Tettey there.

Demidov however shouldn't be included in the Norway A at the moment - he hasn't played great on a stable level since the beginning of June.
mrstpatsfc
Senior

PostPosted: 27.08.2008 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

was anybody in ullevaal for norway v ireland by any chance?
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 28.08.2008 13:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the team should consider leaving Ullevaal now and then. Especially with the climate a bit harsher, they should consider playing further north in Trondheim or even Tromsø. It would give Norway a massive home advantage. Also, I have the feeling Ullevaal lacks that nice football atmosphere, this is just my personal opinion but Lerkendal would be a better choice IMO for a combination of different factors.

Iceland in theory should be an easy victim, but that's just theory. I remember when I lived in Northern Ireland. Anyone thought Iceland would be an easy one as well. But Iceland came to Belfast and won 0-3 (I was at the stadium to see it live, and I never before saw Northern Ireland be totally outplayed like that). In the end, if Norway wants to have a chance to finish ahead of Holland and/or Scotland, it is important not to drop points against the minnows, otherwise the pressure against the Dutch and Scots will be huge. In theory this should be 2-0 or 3-0 for Norway.

PS: after N.Ireland - Iceland I met the Icelandic fans. They never travel in large numbers (about 100 to 150) but they're very cool guys who drink surprisingly much Neutral

Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 06.09.2008 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYRO Macedonia - Scotland 1-0 full time!

Huge surprise in Skopje, but could this be a good result for Norway? It does seem logical Holland wins the group and Norway and Scotland fighting for the 2nd position... So if a direct competitor drops points, this may be a good case for Norway? Although I would not be surprised if Macedonia takes more surprising points, they have been improving steadily over the years and the trip to Skopje will be hard for Norway and Holland as well. Still, this loss must put some pressure on the Scots which I believe could benefit Norway.

Skotten
Rutinert

PostPosted: 06.09.2008 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting results today, not least Austria and Lithuania's!

Would many have travelled down to Ullevaal today from Trondelag for match?

Are the public of Trondheim patriotic, in comparison to Oslo people for example, towards the Landslaget?

Does the passion for the national team vary across the country?
Bakklandia
Legende

PostPosted: 06.09.2008 22:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, no-one really cares!
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 07.09.2008 10:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting in Edinburgh. Me and my mates were the only people in the free house enjoying the Scotland loss yesterday, but Norway didn't make anything out of it.
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 09.09.2008 00:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the heck (I censored the F word right in time) is it possible to throw away points like that against Iceland?! I am very disappointed, only nice one is to see Steffen scored twice and is in great shape which is going to be great for us as well the coming weeks. But really, if Scotland loses and the players know they can make a huge leap towards at least 2nd spot, then how do you lose points against Iceland? Maybe knowing Scotland lost caused too much pressure to win this game and profit from the Scottish loss ; but then they are professionals and it was against Iceland for all sake.

I guess no disaster happened because Scotland also dropped points, but then that makes it quite bad: if Norway had won this in-theory-easy game then they were 3 points ahead of their direct rivals already. It would have been too good to be true...

Lithuania was the greatest upset. To win 0-3 away in Romania is incredible, and this is Lithuania who arent even a team you would expect to get anything in Romania.

Austria was great also, although I have the impression that France is going through a quite bad period generally. Therefor the Lithuanian result surprised me even more.

Next on is Turkey-Belgium. My country of birth against one of the countries where I also lived. I am a terrible patriot I guess, but I want Turkey to win this game and this group. I dont really mind what the Belgian team does, it somehow doesnt attract or emotionally move me. So I rather see Turkey win this.

And hopefully Holland drops points in Macedonia. In that case all three big teams (Scotland, Norway, NL) dropped points so it would be not such a disaster then to only draw against Iceland. If Holland wins in Macedonia, then Norway (and Scotland) did quite a bad case by not winning their opening game. I dont think Macedonia will battle for qualfication, even if they would get points against Holland as well, I expect them to finish 3rd or 4th without really coming close to qualification. Maybe I am wrong here but cant see them keeping up the results in this group.

Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 09.09.2008 00:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bæ to da Bone! wrote:
No, no-one really cares!

Has the Norwegian FA ever considered to move a few games now and then to venues across the country? It could get the people living outside of Oslo more involved with the national team. A home game against for example Estonia or Malta would not sell out Ullevaal anyway, so you could easily move such a game to Bergen or even Stavanger of Tromso. A bigger opponent could be hosted in Trondheim as easily as in Ullevaal. I understand the majority of games are held in the most populated city, that is happening in every country, but moving a game now and then could get people across the country more involved and interested in the national team. Belgium has been trying this for a few years already, playing all big games in Brussels but moving games against Estonia/San-Marino/Andorra to smaller stadiums in other cities across the country.

Kjello
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 09.09.2008 01:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have invested over 600 million NOK to renovate Ullevaal, so they want to use it as often as possible. It is also a question of sponsor rights.
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 09.09.2008 12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but games against for example Andorra or Armenia would never sell out Ullevaal, while they may sell out a smaller stadium in Stavanger or Tromso. For the locals it would be a nice gesture to bring the national team closer to them and get them more involved (compared to watching on TV only or facing long travels to Oslo)

PS: playing in Trondheim or Tromso outside of summer would give Norway another advantage, as the opponents are not used to the harsh winters. Especially against southern European teams this could benefit Norway.

Kjello
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 09.09.2008 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, the atmosphere have never been better than the times the national team has played outside of Oslo becouse Ullevaal was being renovated. But NFF doesn't think that way. They also wan't to build a new national stadium with a capacity of 52 000 if Norway and Sweden gets Euro 2016.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb