RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
John Pelu

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 27.12.2007 17:36    Post subject: John Pelu Reply with quote

"Player of the year" in 1st division has signed for Rosenborg.

The transfer fee is undisclosed, but Pelu was valued at 3 million NOK earlier on.

Read more: Rosenborg sign Pelu

He played at the right flank at Kongsvinger, but maybe he can be used on the left side too. This will be good when/if Traore is placed on the left back.

Here is by the way some of his goals in 2007. Tommel'n opp!
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 27.12.2007 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a good transfer! The only question is: will he easily adapt to Rosenborg, because from the second division to one of the best clubs in the country is a big step. However, we had young local players breaking through so often before, and I am fully confident he can be the next one in the row.

I assume there is no problem in him being able to play vs Fiorentina?

Christian
Senior

PostPosted: 27.12.2007 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think he´d be able to play the UEFA-matches. Except we would sign two other players - so one has to stay out.
As I have written in Norwegian Forum, I think Pelu could be a good choice, but have not heard anything about him yet, except the usual commentarys on the net. But to be honest; show me a place where the worst sides of a players are shown, it is normal to name his strengths.
I wish Pelu good luck to succeed in Trondheim and hope Erik Hoftun is right about his opinion. I just trust him...

But I still miss a big name for the team, such as Bjørkøy could have been. Open your wallet! John Carew was expensive, but he was very good! And we sold him for even more!! Smile
Ballahl
Veteran

PostPosted: 28.12.2007 00:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bjørkøy is Not a "big name" an far too exspensive..
bolgebah
Veteran

PostPosted: 28.12.2007 00:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian wrote:
But I still miss a big name for the team, such as Bjørkøy could have been. Open your wallet! John Carew was expensive, but he was very good! And we sold him for even more!! Smile

Those were different times. Once we could pay 23 million NOK for a player like Carew, confident that the club we bought him from (VÃ¥lerenga, in this case) would lose the money right away due to their terrible economical handling. Nowadays, such a transfer would leave the other club with financial abilities to further challenge our position as the figurehead of Norwegian football, becoming a stronger opponent. Furthermore, we already know that any player considering a transfer becomes twice as expensive once Rosenborg show interest in him.

Arguably, we are still the only Norwegian club with the best possibilities of signing the best players in the business. However, we should be aware that all the other Norwegian clubs show a reluctant attitude regarding selling their players to us, unless they are paid two- or threefold the amount of money they demand from other clubs. I think the glory days of signing the best Norwegian players are over. We should focus on signing and developing the up-and-coming Norwegian youth players, experienced Norwegian players on free transfers and foreign top players at lower prices.
Christian
Senior

PostPosted: 28.12.2007 01:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Bjørkøy is not a big name as Iversen, Riseth or Nannskog. But he is established in Tippeligaen and could help RBK more than Pelu. That is my humble opinion, but as mentioned, I know Bjørkøy better than Pelu.
The other argument of signing expensive players:
Rosenborg is a football-club, not a bank. Of course, we should be careful and watch after the money. But at first we should focus on success in football and not economy! To name it, RBK has financial muscles by CL the last years, I guess, and has an advantage by that to other norwegian clubs. Bayern München bought good players for a lot of money, and it was not a fault. We are not FCB, but to buy a good player would not be the most stupid thing.
The other point to give away money to opponents. That is a brick of the system. But as long as the player helps us more than the money the other club... Well, I can have a different point of view than you, but therefore it is a forum, to discuss the different views.
You don´t have to join my opinion, but I think that could be the best way.

But it is a thread about Pelu. So let the new John be as the old John was... Wink
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 28.12.2007 01:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today clubs like Brann (Bergen) and VÃ¥lerenga (Oslo) are backed by rich investors, paying big transfer fees and wages. Rosenborg are still the richest when it comes to assets, but our cash flow is not as it used to be, and we have serious problems trying to sign the greatest players of our domestic league.

Continue the discussion here: The future of Rosenborg
Skotten
Rutinert

PostPosted: 28.12.2007 14:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time will tell with Pelu although I would rather have bought Norwegian.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 16.03.2009 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

On trial at Real Salt Lake

Guess a loan is preferable for RBK.
Skotten
Rutinert

PostPosted: 16.03.2009 20:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting move for him, not so good for us but then again we've brought in quite a few players of late.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 17.03.2009 13:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swedish Striker Won't Trial at RSL

Guess some other, more interesting club have shown up.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 18.03.2009 09:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trial at Houston Dynamo instead

It turns out his agent neglected to inform RSL general manager Garth Lagerwey and coach Jason Kreis that the Houston Dynamo had already filed a discovering claim on Pelu.
drew0708s
Junior

PostPosted: 20.03.2009 18:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I was trying to get some information on this striker the Dynamo have on trail, is he a good striker?

thanks
kristobal
Legende

PostPosted: 20.03.2009 18:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was very successfull two seasons ago in Norwegian 2nd division. His pace is very good and his finishing qualities as well.

Due to injuries and other good strikers in Rosenborg BK last season he did not play much at the highest level. He is best as a winger, but may also do a good job as one of two strikers - if the other one is a more physical strong player.
Socrates
Veteran

PostPosted: 20.03.2009 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is very, very fast. Probably Rosenborg's fastest player. I think he can be a good striker for Houston, and I think he can be a good signing for any MLS-club. The main reason why Rosenborg want to sell him or send him on loan is because Rosenborg signed two new strikers last week.
attach
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 20.03.2009 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

kristobal wrote:
Norwegian 2nd division

The second level aka first division.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 20.03.2009 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dynamo's not-so-secret search for a forward to complement Brian Ching just got a whole lot more interesting. With Kei Kamara now suspended for two games, the Dynamo will try out 27-year old Swedish forward John Pelu, who had been with Rosenborg BK in Norway.

Kinnear confirmed that Pelu will train with the team Thursday in Houston.

"He'll be training tomorrow," said Kinnear. "We're looking at players, and his name came up. He looked pretty good to us, so we'll bring him in to have a look."

Read more: Dynamo ready to leave 2008 behind
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 26.03.2009 10:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dynamo are looking to sign forward Ade Akinbiyi, a well-traveled veteran of the English leagues, as early as next week.

(...)

The Dynamo have Swedish forward John Pelu on trial through today. Kinnear said a decision on Pelu will come soon.

Read more: Dynamo looking to sign Akinbiyi of English leagues

Guess this means Houston won't sign Pelu.
kristobal
Legende

PostPosted: 26.03.2009 11:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, remember Akinbiyi from his Leicester years. I had him as striker in Dagblad-manager, because he was cheap and i hoped he would score some goals.

Reports told he had lots of chances to score, but did not manage to put the ball into the net. Dont know if he has become a better finisher since then, but he was obviously no success in my team Smile
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 26.03.2009 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Ade Akinbiyi bore down on Brad Friedel, the Blackburn Rovers goalkeeper, on Monday, a nation held its breath. Could Akinbiyi, the king of the miss, a striker arousing teasing and sympathy, finally score his first Premiership goal of the season?

Read more: On the Spot: Ade Akinbiyi
attach
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 26.03.2009 13:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, Akinbiyi is a old "hero" from Championship Manager on Amiga back in the early nineties. Him and Dele Adebola.
drew0708s
Junior

PostPosted: 26.03.2009 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the Dynamo have Akinbiyi in town on Friday to take a physical. Looks like they are going to sign the striker. I hope Akinbiyi isnt as bad as you guys say he is. I realy hope they sign Pelu.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 12.08.2009 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold to Haugesund after successful loan.
Skotten
Rutinert

PostPosted: 12.08.2009 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, bit of a step down? Looked ok for a while with us, maybe not to Hamren's liking though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb