RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rune Jarstein

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 28.12.2007 14:41    Post subject: Rune Jarstein Reply with quote

The Norway reserve goalie has agreed on a 3-year-deal.

Read more: Jarstein set to sign
mrstpatsfc
Senior

PostPosted: 28.12.2007 20:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

im delighted with the signing.hes a quality keeper and bound to be norways num1 at sum stage
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 28.12.2007 20:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Hirschfeld still rejects extending his contract, Jarstein will be our first choice in 2008. With that he also will be a great challenger for HÃ¥kon Opdal. I guess Jarstein is Norway's no. 1 when the World Cup qualifiers begin in August.
Christian
Senior

PostPosted: 28.12.2007 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cannot be happy for full with this transfer. IMO it would be better to "buy" Jarstein in 2009 for free. Now we have two good goalies and if Rune will be no.1, Lars will be quite angry I think. The only thing now is to sell lars and get money for him. Another point is that we just can add two field-players and Jarstein for the UEFA-Cup.
Furthermore I think that Opdal will keep his no.1-position in norwegian goal, the matches I saw he was simply perfect. Time will show, if Rune is better, but to see it thorugh the eyes of a Norway-supporter, it is good to have two high-standard goalies (Opdal and Jarstein).

Don´t get me wrong, I am happy with the signing of Jarstein...
petko
Rutinert

PostPosted: 29.12.2007 04:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian wrote:
Furthermore I think that Opdal will keep his no.1-position in norwegian goal, the matches I saw he was simply perfect

I`m guessing you didn`t saw Norway-Turkey Wink
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 29.12.2007 05:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Norway-Turkey and I don't think Opdal was to blame for the loss. The first goal could have been saved but it was not really a terrible mistake.

As for the new goalkeeper... I wonder why Lars doesn't want to sign a new contract? Is he just in doubts or has he set his mind on leaving Rosenborg? Anyways, a bit of competition in goal can only work motivating for both, so I welcome the signing of Jarstein.

torerik
Veteran

PostPosted: 29.12.2007 06:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hirschfeld hasn't said anything about this himself (he's pretty media shy in general), but word around the campfire is he wants to move back to America.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 29.12.2007 10:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please discuss this here: Lars Hirschfeld

The transfer fee of Jarstein is by the way said to be 12 million NOK in total; 8M in cash right now plus 4 after X matches.
Christian
Senior

PostPosted: 29.12.2007 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I have seen the Turkey-match Sad and think Opdal was guilty in one case. But one fault, boy. You cannot blame him for making one fault (even if it was a bitter one). I guess even Jarstein had a fault in his last season, everyone has it. Just when a kepper makes a fault it is often the decision of a match and he is remembered for that. But as 2mas said, the topic is Rune Jarstein. A norwegian goalkeeper, not a bad choice. Really looking forward to his first RBK-season. The contract is for 3 years, I guess? That would be to short IMO.
bolgebah
Veteran

PostPosted: 29.12.2007 13:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opdal's greatest weakness is his positioning, especially when it comes to direct free kicks. That would be the reason why Jarstein eventually would become Norway's first choice, as both Brann and the national team will concede some shots from distance. I'm not saying that this will happen right away, but Jarstein's potential is beyond Opdal's. Opdal is, however, by far the safest bet when it comes to abilities in the air. I cannot recall ever seeing him losing a ball within the penalty box.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 29.12.2007 13:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your memories are fooling you: HÃ¥kon Opdal vs. Bryne

Surely an old clip, but he had quite a few like this mistake some years ago, and this still influence my opinion on him.

When it comes to Rosenborg and contracts, I agree. We should give at least 4-year-deals to players under 26.
bolgebah
Veteran

PostPosted: 29.12.2007 13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, ignoring Opdal's escapades until a couple of years ago would not be fair to the discussion. However, I feel that he has grown up since he was put to the test as Brann sold Ivar Rønningen to us. Since the beginning of the 2006 season, Opdal has been the best Norwegian goalkeeper and the place in the national team's starting line-up is well deserved.
Kjello
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 29.12.2007 14:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Opdal had some mistakes last season to, like Sapara's two goals in the homewin against Brann.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 29.12.2007 15:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I think he still is too unstable.

That could be said about Jarstein too, but his potential is bigger. He is not as experienced as Opdal, but six months as first choice in Rosenborg will bring much to him, and I see him as Norway goalkeeper in September.

I can't wait till he will take care of the Riise bros. when they are fucking around. Mr. Green
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 03.03.2010 12:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Örlund will be first choice and Jarstein won't extend his contract, Rosenborg and Viking have agreed on a transfer. Now it's all up to Jarstein.
Skotten
Rutinert

PostPosted: 04.03.2010 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, if he wants to go, I guess we can't prevent him doing so. Despite some mistakes, I thought he was actually ok. Mhyre still at a Viking?

Orlund article at RBK website is interesting, "Orlund - The goal is Champions League"
Ballahl
Veteran

PostPosted: 05.03.2010 01:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skotten wrote:
Myhre still at a Viking?

No:
His contract with Viking allegedly ended after a late night out in February 2010. Myhre later claimed that Viking was only looking to get rid of him, using it as an excuse.
Later revelations are that he was drugged in Marbella. The police in both Stavanger and Spain are now on the case to figure out exactly what has happened..

- Rune var forut for sin tid.
Bakklandia
Legende

PostPosted: 05.03.2010 13:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

He may or may not become the new keeper for Kongsvinger. Mixed singnals makes it kind of hard to tell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb