RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Fanpages by foreign fans
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 19.01.2008 05:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alcohol? Razz

I already bought a domainname, but plan to buy a second one. I already own rosenborg-benelux.com but I will buy something shorter as well, just looking for an extention that still has "rbk" or so available.

PS: I own over 20 domainnames in total, some for reselling purposes and some (including the rosenborg-benelux.com) for personal websites and with no intentions to resell. I have a discount at Moniker.com who are very reliable for domains, apart from that I also sometimes use united-domains.de and name.com . The one thing I still haven't found is a reliable registrar selling .tv domains for an affordable price.

2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 19.01.2008 12:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register rosenborgbk.eu - that's a short and good name, and you get a good web hotel for €30 a year.
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 19.01.2008 17:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked a lot of webhosts lately, seems though that most of the ones leaving a good impression on me were 40 or 50 euro per year. More hints are always welcome. The cheaper the better of course, but after two bad experiences in the past I am tending to say that good service is more important than paying the lowest price available.

attach
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 19.01.2008 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerrit wrote:
Alcohol? Razz

Yep. Smile

I agree, rosenborgbk.eu is a good and simple domain name.

http://hostsearch.com/sha...d_zone.asp
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 27.01.2008 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed rosenborg.ws is also not taken yet. It is the only somewhat common extention where the word "rosenborg" is not registered yet.

What do you guys think is best? rosenborgbk.eu or rosenborg.ws ? I think just "rosenborg" may be easier to remember for mouth-to-mouth advertisements, but on the other hand .eu makes more sense than .ws

Which should I go for?

attach
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 27.01.2008 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosenborg.ws is taken. Rosenborg.us is the only one not taken.
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 27.01.2008 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad That must have been taken recently , unless www.who.is was giving incorrect information.

rosenborg.us doesn't really interest me. First of all you need a USA address to buy .US domains. Also, a Dutch-language fansite of a Norwegian team, for such a site an American domain would not make sense. It is a site about a Norwegian team and written in the language of another European country. So a .us domain doesn't seem really properly.

Guess I will go for the .eu domain! My salary is being paid this week so then I have money enough to go domain shopping Smile I already have rosenborg-benelux.com but I want to add a shorter domain to the site as well. So as soon as my salary is paid this week, I will register the .eu domain.

Also, Attach, do you still have that offer of the webspace on your server? I really only need 20 or 30 MB or so. And a bit of help with FTP and such. I also still consider the Bluevoda hosting that was suggested.
But writing the content for the site is almost done and now that the transfers are almost done I can conclude the last chapter of the site. So I expect it to be fully ready really soon now, so the hosting is the last decision I still need to make.

I could also go free with everyoneweb.com, home.no or frac.dk but with those latter two I'd need some help to understand all options as the sites are in Danish/Norsk.

attach
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 27.01.2008 19:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

The search engine I used doesn't seem to be accurate. Rosenborg.ws is free, but I think it's a bad choice. Then it's far better with rosenborg.nl, which is free:

rosenborg.ws
rosenborg.us
rosenborg.name
rosenborg.cc
rosenborg.bz
rosenborg.in
rosenborg.ag
rosenborg.sc
rosenborg.vc
rosenborg.hn
rosenborg.tw
rosenborg.im
rosenborg.travel
rosenborg.ac
rosenborg.io
rosenborg.it
rosenborg.sh
rosenborg.nl
rosenborg.jp

or

rosenborgbk.eu

Yes, I can host your site. That's no problem at all.
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 16.02.2008 22:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rosenborg.nl is taken... by me Cool

I would like to buy rosenborgbk.eu as well if I could find a place where it is really cheap. The .nl domain (which suited really well for a site in Dutch language) cost me 18 euros.

One more question I need to resolve: is there an easy-to-use news posting software that I can easily integrate in a site? CuteNews is quite good I heard, but it seems complicated for a first-time webmaster...

mrstpatsfc
Senior

PostPosted: 23.07.2008 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bebo.com/Profi...4787194666

this is a link to my rosenborg bebo page where i have tried install interest in the club.please join if you are on the site.
also theres an application called which rosenborg player are you for anyone interested
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 03.08.2008 00:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been talking about a Dutch language fansite for Rosenborg for a long time, but my HTML really is going nowhere... So I decided to start playing with a free host and that is more suitable for an amateur like me Razz

It is almost ready! I just need to ask a few last things:

- can I find an address list of all RBK fanclubs somewhere? I would like to add it on the site
- I would like to have a picture of all our players on the site : can I copy those from the official site without getting in trouble?

PS: I am not going to use rosenborg-benelux.com after all, it is a bit too long. I have also bought rosenborg.nl which is a lot shorter and easier, so this will be the address of the website. I will have it online in a few days, the player profiles is the only page I am still working on but the club factsheet and history overview is done Cool

arnt
Veteran

PostPosted: 03.08.2008 01:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from a couple of obscenities I don't know much of the dutch language, but I'll make sure to check it out anyway... Wink
Nei, der skal Kugle til en Thrønder!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ablativ
Veteran

PostPosted: 03.08.2008 01:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerrit wrote:
- I would like to have a picture of all our players on the site: can I copy those from the official site without getting in trouble?

Under the photo of the players this information is found in Norwegian but I will translate it: "The photos can not be published without the consent of RBK." If you want to try, you can probably ask for permission at this email address info@rbk.no.
Angriff
Proff

PostPosted: 03.08.2008 12:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be ridiculous if they didn't allow that, I mean, this is the kind of things Rosenborg should love... So ask, but make sure to show your fury if they shouldn't accept your request!
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 03.08.2008 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, just to avoid problems I will ask for permission first. Can I use the RBK logo on my site or do I need to ask permission for as well? It is not a commercial site, just a fansite intended to promote Rosenborg. If I could use the logo, that would be nice on top of the homepage.

Bakklandia
Legende

PostPosted: 03.08.2008 19:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better safe than sorry...! Wink
Czech rbk fan
Senior

PostPosted: 26.08.2008 14:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick translation of my interview with Marek Sapara from 9th August. Go to my website and the article is in the English part. www.rosenborg.estranky.cz I apologize for the mistakes Embarassed

By the way, photos of my stay in Trondheim (6.-16. August) here - www.hiko.rajce.idnes.cz - parts called Norsko.....
RBK
doris
Veteran

PostPosted: 26.08.2008 14:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice interview and nice pics from Trondheim! Smile
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 26.08.2008 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Direct link: Sapara: We have better players than Alazinho is!
Jon Irenicus
Veteran

PostPosted: 26.08.2008 15:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommel'n opp! Very nice.
JellyFish
Veteran

PostPosted: 26.08.2008 19:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job, Jan Tommel'n opp!
Czech rbk fan
Senior

PostPosted: 26.08.2008 19:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot to all! It is interesting to compare Marek´s speech in English and in his mother tongue. I think he can tell much more in Slovak language, he needn´t think how to say but he just thinks what to say.
He is very lovely. I hope I will be able to meet him next year still in RBK during my (view) stay in Trondheim.

NB - When I asked him about changes of Hamrén he was drinking ice-tea full of sugar. He said - Hamrén mustn´t see it. Mr. Green Beer

Oh, ah Sapara!
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 28.10.2008 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took me a while due to relocation issues and a recent depression (luckily the latter has improved a lot) but the site is finally there.

www.everyoneweb.com/rosenborgbene

It is only a few days old but the chapter about historical RBK games and RBK legendary former players still needs to be added. Plus, I will put weekly updates on the site about RBK news, game reports etc. So the site will grow soon enough.

I also registered rosenborg.nl , this is about to be configured and should be working during the next few days. But meanwhile, you can already take a peek at the site as it is now. I realise most will not speak Dutch, but I am happy to translate anything.

Hopefully the site will give RBK some exposure in the Benelux, I am tired of being the only Dutch speaking RBK fan. OK, I dont live in Belgium anymore, but I still email with my friends back in .BE and they will surely show an interest in the club if I manage to update the site loyally.

attach
Forumsjef

PostPosted: 29.10.2008 13:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things can be said about the layout and all that, but I think it's really great to see a site about Rosenborg in a foreign language. Keep up the good work! Tommel'n opp!
Gerrit
Rutinert

PostPosted: 31.10.2008 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, please do give suggestions to improve the layout etc. The site has been launched exactly 7 days ago so it is very very new and still needs to be improved a lot. I am not the best with programming and very amateurish in HTML (hence why I started off with a host offering a sitebuilder) but I do intend to do the best possible job to promote the club. So if you have any ideas to make it look better, please do give them. I deliberately wanted it in the black-white of the club, but the consequence is that it looks a bit too sober, I however need some suggestions or ideas on how to improve the look.

Thanks for the encouragements Smile I will definitely update this site on weekly basis, and I intend to take it very seriously on long term basis. I realise the site will never look very flashy due to my limited webbuilding skills, but I want it to be a very useful site content-wise.

Content-wise by the way, the next days will see further additions as well. As I said, the site is just a week old but new articles are being prepared: a chapter on some former RBK legends will be published, as well as an overview and short background of our biggest games in Europe. As the site is meant to introduce Rosenborg to the Dutch speaking football fans of Europe, I also consider a chapter about the European games between Rosenborg and opponents from the Benelux.

So content wise I have some good ideas, the next update will be after the weekend and I plan to keep adding new stuff and updates weekly. In terms of layout I am looking for inspiration to improve the site while staying loyal to the black and white of Rosenborg, so any suggestions are welcome (but keep in mind I am a rookie in terms of web building Smile )

PS: my domainname is configured now, so you can browse to the site using www.rosenborg.nl now Tommel'n opp! without the need to remember the long URL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb