RBKweb
 OM RBKweb
 ANNONSEINFORMASJON
 RSS-KANAL
 ARKIV
 TA KONTAKT
SØK I ARTIKLER
Debattforum

Alle kan lese innleggene, men man må registrere seg for å delta aktivt i diskusjonene.
Everyone can read the posts, but you have to register before writing your own posts.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   StatistikkStatistikk   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PSV travelling to Norway:Rosenborg coming the other way

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Junior

PostPosted: 27.08.2004 16:19    Post subject: PSV travelling to Norway:Rosenborg coming the other way Reply with quote

Hi. After seeing the draw I went searching and found this forum.

Rosenborg fans should get a warm welcome at the unofficial (but well used) PSV bulletin board at http://psv.netwerk.to/for...um6/71.php

Do you guys have any travel tips for PSV fans coming from the Netherlands? For example, cheap ferry crossings or flights?

If you can get to Stanstead (London) there is a cheap flight with Ryanair onwards to Eindhoven.

So far I've found a reasonably priced direct flight, but you have to stay a few days in a hotel. Don't think I'll mind doing that as long as it won't rain too much. Since I cannot travel to Arsenal, I am seriously thinking of coming to Norway instead!

Let me know.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 27.08.2004 16:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basiq Air is offering cheap flights from Rotterdam to Oslo. Prices from ?29,99.

From Oslo you can get to Trondheim (aprox. 500 km north) by train, low fare flights or bus.

I hope this links (all in English) are what you're looking for! Wink
Ole K
Junior

PostPosted: 27.08.2004 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to info on the town: http://www.trondheim.com/engelsk/
Junior

PostPosted: 28.08.2004 09:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

2mas wrote:
Basiq Air is offering cheap flights from Rotterdam to Oslo. Prices from ?29,99.

I hope this links (all in English) are what you're looking for! Wink

Thanks very much guys. I'd already found the Norwegian Railways site. There is an overnight train that might be interesting to save on hotel bills. But I have also read that the trip is very beautiful so it may be worth doing during the day. I've only been to Oslo once, so I'd like to see some more of Norway.

Just for your information. Getting to Rotterdam airport from Eindhoven is pretty straightforward. You can get a taxi or a bus to the nearest main railway station (Rotterdam Centraal), and then there's a regular direct train to Eindhoven that takes just over an hour. E14.50 for a single trip.

Here is the Dutch Railways website in English Smile http://www.ns.nl/servlet/...ish&c=Page

There's also a website with all public transport in the Netherlands, but unfortunately most of it is in Dutch. http://www.9292ov.nl/

The alternative seems to be a direct flight Amsterdam to Trondheim with KLM that is cheaper if you stay until the Saturday. There is a regular train from Schiphol Airport to Eindhoven (1 hour 45 or so with one change)
Junior

PostPosted: 28.08.2004 10:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK there is going to be at least one PSV fan coming to visit you in Norway :D

Decided to book with KLM on a direct flight. The hotels in Trondheim are actually pretty reasonably priced in October. You may struggle to find similar deals in Eindhoven.
oyvindh
Rutinert

PostPosted: 28.08.2004 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

1991707312 wrote:
OK there is going to be at least one PSV fan coming to visit you in Norway Very Happy

And welcome you are!

1991707312 wrote:
Decided to book with KLM on a direct flight. The hotels in Trondheim are actually pretty reasonably priced in October. You may struggle to find similar deals in Eindhoven.

Interesting, most Norwegian City-hotels have business-travelers as their main source of income, thus the summer months are often the cheapest.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 28.08.2004 12:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

1991707312 wrote:
Decided to book with KLM on a direct flight.

That's a good choice. Yesterday evening I suddenly remembered the direct flight between Trondheim and Amsterdam, and I was just about to write some lines about it in this forum. Wink
Junior

PostPosted: 23.10.2004 22:11    Post subject: Thanks guys! Reply with quote

Beautiful City. Good football match: could have gone either way. Plenty of bars and restaurants. Interesting museums. Nice people.

I wouldn't have travelled up to Trondheim if it wasn't for the CL, but I enjoyed my visit a lot. Thanks very much.

Be sure to drop me a message if you have questions about Eindhoven or want to have a beer before the match here. Laughing
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 25.10.2004 18:16    Post subject: Re: Thanks guys! Reply with quote

1991707312 wrote:
Beautiful City. (..) Plenty of bars and restaurants. Interesting museums. Nice people.

I know! Wink

But I think we were too hospitable; we shouldn't have let you win. Instead we'll grab the 3 points in Eindhoven next week! Wink

By the way, congrats on the win against Ajax yesterday!
fubar
Veteran

PostPosted: 26.10.2004 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

With PSV's current form, I consider the away game against PSV just as hard as the away game ag. Arsenal...

But with Ørjan Berg back in the line-up we will beat them both Very Happy
DaMarcus Beasley
Junior

PostPosted: 26.10.2004 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arsenal most likely have reached the 1/8 finals by the time you have to play against them. If you win your game against Panatiakos (shouldn't be too hard) you have a very good chance on reaching UEFA Cup soccer. I don't think PSV will lose any point at home, we always play better European games at home (less sneaky, more offensive) and have to win against Rosenborg. If we don't win, everything would probably come down to the away game against Panatiakos and we want to avoid that.
DaMarcus Beasley
Junior

PostPosted: 03.11.2004 01:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great time tonight with some of the Rosenborg fans. I liked your fans way better than those from Panatiakos. Thanks for the nice time, everyone.

Too bad (well..for you) you lost the game and Arsenal couldn't win theirs. However, if you win against Panatiakos and Arsenal wins against us, there's still a chance of reaching the UEFA Cup. I certainly hope you will, because I'm still afraid Panatiakos will beat us in the last round.
2mas
Sjef

PostPosted: 03.11.2004 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMarcus Beasley wrote:
I had a great time tonight with some of the Rosenborg fans. I liked your fans way better than those from Panatiakos. Thanks for the nice time, everyone.

Great to hear!

Sadly I hadn't the opertunity to travel to Eindhoven this time, but I hear that the other RBK fans had a great time (except the result of the game).

Good luck in the last two group phase games!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> English forum All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Utviklet av phpBB. Tilrettelagt for RBKweb.

ANNONSE
SITATET
© 1999-2024 RBKweb